UFC Fight Week: Dublin- Fan Events

FightClubber

photo ScreenShot2014-07-11at94709AM_zps17f262f9.png

Hi there Fight Clubbers,

Here is a list of what's going on with fan events in Dublin next week. I received this from the UK office, so if you have any questions- PLEASE reach out to the UFC UK Twitter, or, you may ask here and I will email the UK staff to get answers for you.

What I DO know:

-The Q&A will be hosted by Andy Friendlander

-Fight Club members were entitled to a maximum of 2 tickets for weigh-ins (one for you, one for your guest

-Every person must have a valid ticket and no one will be able to turn up on the door day-of and request a ticket.

-You will need to bring separate verification of your Fight Club Membership (the bar code - NOT the old cards or receipt of purchase) Get your bar codes here ---> http://www.ufcfightclub.com/events/ufn-dublin-ireland

-Fight Club members and guests will receive a wrist band upon arrival to identify you as a Fight Club member.

-Signings will be offered as soon as you arrive in a separate area where you'll be guided to upon entry.

-Fight Club doors open at 2pm, General Public doors open at 2:30pm

-If you have questions about what cameras, or bags are allowed in the venue- please refer to the arena site: http://www.theo2.ie/faq

-BOTH the Dublin Ultimate Media Day and Weigh-ins are ticketed events, and ALL tickets are gone.

-Details for the Dublin EA UFC Gameplay competition for Fight Club Members--> http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/160534/dublin-ea-ufc-gaming-competition-exclusive-for-fight-club-members?new=1

-The Q&A is with Forrest Griffin, Cub Swason, Luke Barnatt, Jimi Manuwa, and Eddie Gordon

-You must sit in the seat assigned on your ticket.

I hope this helps with making your plans for the week!

-Katie

I am a little confused here, as we know non fight club members were able to get seats for the weighins the same time as fc members, so does this early entry just mean we can take our seats a little earlier, but will still be behind the non members who got better seats due to the link being giving out to everyone on the UFC twitter page

@buzzbox as I stated "-You will need to bring separate verification of your Fight Club Membership (the bar code - NOT the old cards or receipt of purchase) Get your bar codes here ---> http://www.ufcfightclub.com/events/ufn-dublin-ireland" This is how FC members and their guests will be distinguished from the GP. (FC at 2, GP at 2:30) Early entry gives you access to the fighter signings, other opps, and priority seating.

Anyone knows when the doors opens for sure on Saturday? It says 3.00 on here http://www.ufcfightclub.com/events/ufn-dublin-ireland. And on my ticket it says 16.30

Says 2:00 for Fight Club, and 2:30 for the public at that link, just like it says above.

Aren't you talking about the weigh ins on friday now?

Was asking about the fight on saturday.

Early entry gives you access to the fighter signings, other opps, and priority seating.

But we don't get priority seating do we? We get the seating that is on our tickets, so it doesn't matter what time we get in?

So the only benefit of getting there early is to be first in line for the fighter signings?

Do we still get a free event poster?

Early entry gives you access to the fighter signings, other opps, and priority seating.

But we don't get priority seating do we? We get the seating that is on our tickets, so it doesn't matter what time we get in?

So the only benefit of getting there early is to be first in line for the fighter signings?

Do we still get a free event poster?

Any update on this??

All the weigh in tickets are sold out, can I still get in with just my fight club bar code??

@DrPhil I had posters ordered specifically for Fight Club for this event, so yes, members SHOULD be receiving their event poster. Note: it's one unsigned poster per member (not member AND guest)

Also, you get priority entry. It's your choice (from what I can tell) if you'd like to take advantage of the fighter signings, or get the best seats for weigh-ins. But that would be a question for the venue staff once you're there... if you'll be able to enter the arena for seating.

@Collie If you do NOT have a ticket from Ticketmaster... you will NOT be granted entrance to weighins. The bar codes are to distinguish FC vs GP... it is NOT a ticket for the event. Only ONE person per ticket will be allowed in to the venue.

Sorry @FightClubber but I'm missing something again.

You say "best seats" for the weigh ins. That would make sense at any event I've been to before, where you have to choose one or the other, apart from a few where you get your auto on the way in.

But these weigh ins are ticketed. I have a ticket with my seat number on it. Surely it doesn't matter whether I go in first or last, that seat number is mine?

Block C, row 17,seat 11.

If I go to the autos first, then go in and find someone in my seat, they can move their **** surely?

Yeah this is my 14th event, never seen it ticketed before.

It makes sense in a lot of ways. No need to line up at a crazy hour (I was there at 10am for UFC 93). Although you are at the mercy of Ticketmaster who are notoriously bad.

If it was laid out so that you had your auto/pictures on the way into the venue as it has been at some events, then there would literally be no reason to queue/line up.

@DrPhil‌ The events i have attended, the experience of talking MMA with like minded individuals while waiting is a good thing. I still don't get why Dublin is set up differently as despite all his hype and talent Conor isn't a GSP or Anderson Silva figure in terms of numbers.

Thanks for the info.

My worry is that there is a random PR company or O2 event staff in charge of all this, and they simply do not ever understand how things work. I've been through the Q&A process in Dublin, London, Nottingham, Birmingham, and most memorably Cologne in Germany.

Almost every time, the arena staff on the ground have no idea what is supposed to happen. They are not aware of the difference between GA and FC, they don't know the process for an autograph line and they absolutely never anticipate the numbers to expect.

In Cologne they organised a line into the arena, then added a second one when the crowd got too big, then when they realised that we were all going to the same place they tried to merge the 2 lines (you can guess how that worked out). I spoke to the security staff on the day and they said that they were only told on the Thursday evening (weigh ins were Friday) that the event was happening and they had no information whatsoever about what was supposed to happen. I raised this with Dana at the Q&A and ended up facing a very intimidating/threatening head of event security who thought that I was publicly criticising him and his team, rather than the UFC!

This is why I have always advocated using long standing FC members to liaise with venue staff and assist with the process on the day unless some of the FC admin are going to be there and in charge. I know that Smitty used to assist with the lines at many US events, but I'm not even talking about assisting once it starts, just to spend half an hour beforehand to explain what needs to happen so that the venue staff know how to deal with it.

@‌Fightclubber - will you be there? :((

The bar code is on the Events page.

You can either print it off, or pull it up on your phone. If you're doing the latter, I'd recommend pulling it up ahead of time, and taking a screenshot, in case of connectivity problems at the venue.

@fightclubber what fight club tickets do i need for tonight's ultimate media and fan day? Does the bar-code count for the tonight as well as the weigh inns on Friday?

The tickets for that were released separately, similar to what they did with the weigh-ins. Your bar code gets you early access at the weigh-ins on Friday, but you need an actual Ticketmaster ticket to get in. The bar code alone won't work.

@fightclubber what fight club tickets do i need for tonight's ultimate media and fan day? Does the bar-code count for the tonight as well as the weigh inns on Friday?

The tickets for that were released separately, similar to what they did with the weigh-ins. Your bar code gets you early access at the weigh-ins on Friday, but you need an actual Ticketmaster ticket to get in. The bar code alone won't work.

thanks @mcmax3000 can you tell me if there still available? and where could i get these, yes I have the Ticketmaster ticket and the barcode for the weigh inns so sorted for that, Just looking to get tickets for tonight, I didn't get any notification or emails regarding the ultimate media and fan day tickets

@DrPhil I will not... I only travel to US and Canadian PPVs and Fight Nights.

There's a really sharp lady named Lauren who has done 1 FC check in so far (she knows the process of scanning the bar codes, she will be handing out posters, etc.)

You are in good hands!

@FabioFosters the UK team was point for ticketing the event, and the information was sent to the Fight Club database. Ultimate Media Day tickets were through Eventbrite and from what I understand there were 200 tickets available.

Weigh-in tickets were through Ticketmaster, and all of those were sold through... I believe about 4000? but I can't say for sure (as I do not run that part of this event-just communicate to members)

Hope this helps answer some of your questions.

I am really disappointed. I attended to approximately 10 UFCs Shows now and never were the Weigh-Ins ticketed. I mean, that's the whole reason why I buy my membership. Now we booked a more expensive flight (we are from Germany) and have to pay the hotel one more night just to see the Weigh-Ins and now we payed all that money for nothing. That's not only a downer but a real reason to skip the next european events. Sorry.

@azovic I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. With the high volume of fans attending this event, the venue decided it was best to ticket. You can always reach out in the forums to see if any members that got tickets and are not able to attend. Please know that this is NOT typical for weigh-ins.

I know it is not your fault and I absolutely see why ticketing makes sense in certain cases, I just would have wished that we all would have got that Information for sure. I.E. when we bought the tickets, we could have been asked if we wanted to attend the Weigh-Ins. Or at least sending more than one Emails to remind and not only ONE day before the Onsale. Because of that we now payed 300€ each for absolutely nothing. Especially when you know that you don't need the Fightclub-Advantages most of the time at european events. And know that there actually is an event where it would've made sense - we get screwed. That's really a total letdown.

But thanks for your quick answer!

So all a fight member needs to gain entry to weigh ins on friday is their ticketmaster ticket and screenshot of their pre-sale bar code? Also, 1 ticket only grants access to 1 person? or does it grant access to the fight club member and a guest? Cheers for the info, not too long now!!

I should have charged €5 a go for finding the barcode link for people...

I made the mistake of being front of the line and showing someone where to find it on your phone since so many people didn't know they needed it.

The O2 staff probably brought me about a dozen more of them by the time we went in!

Archived