Anderson Silva title run

Bubba_Sparks

BT Sport ran a really interesting Silva documentary last night. I'd kind of assumed after the two Weidman defeats that his future held nothing other than a couple of pseudo-super-fights (such as Nick Diaz). However, he seemed pretty hungry and as he's only been knocked out once and beaten up once there's no reason he couldn't fight for another 3 years plus.

Whilst I'd like to see Weidman v Silva III, I'd like to see him earn it properly with 3-4 fights. Start with Bisping then move up through the Kennedys/Rockholds/Souzas of this world depending on what happens elsewhere in the division.

Would you like to see Silva move up through the division? Do you still think he can easily beat anyone but the champ? The sentimentalist in me would like to see one more run with a title shot early 2016.

i wouldn't be 1 bit surprised if Anderson beat Weidman in a 3rd fight. As a neutral party (meaning im not or fan nor do i dislike either guy) Im just not satisfied with those 2 fights.

I kind of expect SIlva to still go out there and beat everyone else up.

3-4 fights until a title fight is a stretch though. If he goes back to the old Silva then he'll get it faster.

The way i would like it panned out (assuming he wins his fights in Silvaesque fashion) is to have him fight Nick (which is perfect timing for both guys to see where they're at on top of an awesome superfight) then get a #1 contender fight.

First off, you have to remember he was also knocked down by a not-so-hard strike in the second fight as well. So let's recap:

- Knocked out/down in both last fights

- Last win was 2 years ago

- Broke his ****ing leg and nobody knows if he'll ever kick like he used to

Not to mention confidence was a big part of his fighting style, and that's gone too. Odds are very much against him, and that's coming from his #1 fan.

That being said, I'd probably still bet my money on him against Weidman.

First off, you have to remember he was also knocked down by a not-so-hard strike in the second fight as well. So let's recap:

Not to mention confidence was a big part of his fighting style, and that's gone too. Odds are very much against him, and that's coming from his #1 fan.

fake fan

Yes, for those factors, I would definitely make Weidman favourite in a re-re-match.

However, I still think he could get through everyone else and put on quite a show doing it. Even to get another title shot would be a heck of a comeback story - that's why I really hope he just isn't granted one automatically.

For the broken leg mention, it is well known that when a bone breaks, then heals, it is actually stronger than before. Now, psychologically him throwing the leg kick is a different story.

I don't think that we will ever see Silva fight for a title again. 39 years old with a long lay off is a lot to overcome. He is still talented but I think he would now lose to most of the top 5. Plus he wouldn't fight Machida or Jacare to earn a shot which could be avoided but I think he should have to fight one of them.

EDIT: The biggest problem is that he just doesn't want a title shot which he already stated himself. Give him some big name fights that he wants to finish his career and let him retire.

He's da bess

407950773.jpg

Shaquille-ONeal-Cant-Stop-Laughing-As-He-Watches-Funny-Online-Videos.gif

408140497.jpg

This thread is only for Anderson fans

I'm sure there's an uncle tom thread out there for you

Anderson is a metrosexual uncle tom.

And you call yourself a fan.

DC was rustled by someone called Cummings

I would of been rustled too if I dropped down to LHW to fight Suga and then was thrown a Starbucks employee, who felt like he needed to talk ****, even though he knew he was going to get destroyed. lol

Why are you going off topic though? You just stated this thread was about Anderson.

He's da bess

407950773.jpg

408140497.jpg

I would of been rustled too if I dropped down to LHW to fight Suga and then was thrown a Starbucks employee, who felt like he needed to talk ****, even though he knew he was going to get destroyed. lol

Why are you going off topic though? You just stated this thread was about Anderson.

Why do you have to troll?

Andy didn't even want the second fight. Then he gets destroyed and then his butt buddy takes a 25 minute beating at the hands of Weidman.

He knows better than to fight to Weidman a third time. I wouldn't be surprised if Anderson lost his return fight and then retired. The mystique has been completely erased. Everyone knows his chin is suspect, no one will be intimidated fighting him anymore.

Give him a can like Bisping so he can go out on a win.

He's da bess

407950773.jpg

408140497.jpg

Why do you have to troll?

You go off topic with a bad attempt to rustle me, and then accuse me of trolling.

409781014.jpg

I don't think Andy will ever hold the belt again, but I think he will fight for it one more time. Time will tell.

Please don't make this into another Weidman/Anderson thread, there are already several million of them. This is basically an Anderson/rest of MW division thread....and i think he probably still wins.

I don't think Andy will ever hold the belt again, but I think he will fight for it one more time. Time will tell.

Please don't make this into another Weidman/Anderson thread, there are already several million of them. This is basically an Anderson/rest of MW division thread....and i think he probably still wins.

The only guy I see Anderson beating in the MW top ten is Spits.

You think CB would beat him??

i don't see anyone apart from Kennedy and Moose troubling him. Could be the best comeback since Randy v Tim Sylvia....or worst since BJ v Edgar. Very keen to see him fight Diaz, but after that get to some serious MW contender business

Andy didn't even want the second fight. Then he gets destroyed and then his butt buddy takes a 25 minute beating at the hands of Weidman.

He knows better than to fight to Weidman a third time. I wouldn't be surprised if Anderson lost his return fight and then retired. The mystique has been completely erased. Everyone knows his chin is suspect, no one will be intimidated fighting him anymore.

**** you

There wasn't a mystique to begin with, he's a counter striker who was able to get his opponents to do what he wanted them to do.

And how is his chin suspect? That's retarded. He got hit clean on the chin in the first fight and the second he was dropped with a punch behind the ear.

i don't see anyone apart from Kennedy and Moose troubling him. Could be the best comeback since Randy v Tim Sylvia....or worst since BJ v Edgar. Very keen to see him fight Diaz, but after that get to some serious MW contender business

Yes, CB has already demonstrated his ability to destroy Brazilians.

hmm...Cezar=Andy, okay

hmm...Cezar=Andy, okay

You have to start somewhere.

Not everybody can be Chris WeidGOAT.

**** you

There wasn't a mystique to begin with, he's a counter striker who was able to get his opponents to do what he wanted them to do.

And how is his chin suspect? That's retarded. He got hit clean on the chin in the first fight and the second he was dropped with a punch behind the ear.

He also got dropped by Chael LOL

**** you

anderson-silva-vs-chael-sonnen.jpg

**** you

anderson-silva-vs-chael-sonnen.jpg

That hardly makes him Chuck...

The Sonnen fights get thrown out because he was seriously doped up. We know that now. Anything he might have accomplished in his career is tainted.

Has no bearing on my argument that Silva has a glass jaw. Sonnen was fighting on roids for every fight as far as I'm concerned and Anderson is the only knock down outside of Jungle Fights.

@juice64011

What other fighter at Andersons age went through an injury like that and came back just as strong?

he hasn't come back yet lol

Kicking a punching bag does not mean he is "just as strong"

Look how fast he recovered from a broken leg

Brown is just getting over a body shot he was hit with 4 years ago ffs

@juice64011

What other fighter at Andersons age went through an injury like that and came back just as strong?

go troll Steeler

@juice64011

go troll Steeler

Out of Bisping, Rockhold, Kennedy & Jacare

On the feet i could see him giving them all fits. Bisping probably gets tooled the worst since he's primarily a striker that will only grapple as a last resort. Kennedy & Jacare can be a little flat footed and slow at times and Rockhold can be a little tentative and lacking power and he's not really fast enough to play at a distance too much. Jacare and Kennedy are kind of static hard punchers that come forward which makes me think Silva's bait & heavy counter punch & knees are more of a threat to them. Bisping & Kennedy will likely use movement & play a more rangy game where Silva's kicks and follow-up punching seems more of a threat.

In the clinch Kennedy, Jacare & Rockhold gives him fits. Kennedy being shorter and kind of a hard nosed muscle head type probably needs to secure double under's and drive him in the cage to prevent Silva from his getting a thai clinch breaking his posture and working him with knees. Problem is Anderson has pretty decent TDD against the cage. Rockhold being a taller guy and preferring more high double under's and trips keeping his hips close can probably control Silva's hips easier and has the length to make use of inside/outside trips & lateral drop or twist before Silva can get his hips back, secure and underhook or whizzer and get to the cage. Jacare probably just power doubles him from range and or secures double unders off the shot and judo trips or ducks under and takes his back.

On the ground Rockhold potentially gives him fits with control & GnP light and potentially submission if Anderson freaks and makes a mistake trying to escape. Kennedy gives him fits with GnP light mixed with grind heavy style to tire him and the threat of short explosive harder GnP so he can't relax and Jacare gives him fits with medium GnP and uses it to advance then pours on the attack then secures a sub & taps him.

Archived