SavageTC

Next Big Thing - Open

Basically the game is to find the next big fighters in the UFC. Must be signed UFC fighters only, from the male weight divisions only.

Everyone picks 3 unranked fighters from different weight classes. You must always have 3 fighters from different weight classes

When your fighter has a fight a win via dec is +3 points a loss via dec is -1 point
Win via finish +5 loss via finish -3
A draw or NC is +1
+2 for POTN or FOTN
+2 for beating a ranked opponent

If your fighter makes top 15 ranking you get a bonus +7 points, and that fighter has "made it" and a new unranked replacement must be found.

Players can trade unranked fighters for no cost if they both agree to the transfer

If a player has a fighter that is highly sought after but cant find a suitable trade, they can "sell" the fighter for points. Seller sets a price ie 3 points. Use your own discretion, ask for any further info.

You can not spend negative points

If a player wants to drop a fighter to pick a different unchosen fighter it will cost -1 point

You can not drop or trade a fighter if they are one week or less from fighting. Back to back events are exempt.

Players may not drop sell or trade more than 1 fighter per card. That is 1 drop/sell or trade total not 1 of each.

After 12 months the player with the most points will be declared winner, at which point it starts again.

Game Open, New players welcome!

Link to full list of current fighters
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/1/29/3928296/ufc-roster-current-list-fighters

PLAYERS:

@TigerChamp
Current Fighters: Jake Matthews LW Ruslan Magomedov HW Thomas Almeida BW
Wins:4
Losses:1

NC:0
Fighters "Made it": Wilson Reis
Fighter For Sale:

@cashfl0w
Current Fighters: Nick Diaz MW Rampage LHW Henry Cejudo FW

Wins:10

Losses:3

Fighters "Made it":Ross Pearson, Nate Diaz, Rick Story, Chico Camus, Hacran Dias
Fighter For Sale:

@Spartacus__
Current Fighters: Brandon Thatch WW Andre Fili FW Elias Silverio LW
Wins:1

Fighters "Made it":0
Fighter For Sale:

Current Fighters: Sergio Pettis BW Tony Ferguson LW Cezar Mutante MW
Wins:6
Losses:2

Fighter For Sale:

@MGun
Current Fighters: Michael Chiesa LW Jared Rosholt HW Hyun Gyu Lim WW

Fighter For Sale:

@rain_wizard
Current Fighters: Chris Holdsworth BW Corey Anderson LHW Sean Strickland MW
Losses:0

Fighter For Sale:

@wanderleisilva101
Current Fighters:  Ray Borg FLW Adriano Martins LW Choi Doo-Ho FW
Wins:3
Losses:0

Fighters "Made it":Max Holloway
Fighter For Sale:

Current Fighters: Eddie Gordon MW Yves Edwards LW

Wins:5
Losses:6

Fighters "Made it":Patrick Cummins
Fighter For Sale:

Current Fighters: Stephen Thompson WW Pedro Munhoz BW Takanori Gomi LW

Fighter For Sale:

@Yesterdays_Hero
Current Fighters: Rob Font BW Patrick Holohan FLW Luke Barnatt MW

Fighter For Sale:

@Identity
Current Fighters: Daron Cruickshank LW Amir Sadollah WW Nate Marquardt MW

NC:1
Fighters "Made it":Jordan Mein, Matt Mitrione
Fighter For Sale:

Current Fighters: Aljamain Sterling BW Nicklas Blackstrom FW Jan Blachowicz LHW

Fighter For Sale:

@lapo
Current Fighters: Francimar Barroso LHW Nick Hein LW Russell Doane BW

Losses:4

Fighter For Sale:

Current Fighters: Justin Scoggins FLW Robbie Peralta FW Brendan Shaub HW

Fighters "Made it": Eddie Alvarez, Mitch Gagnon
Fighter For Sale:

@juice64011
Current Fighters: Guto Inocente LHW Derrick Lewis HW Alberto Mina WW

Fighter For Sale:

Current Fighters: Alex Garcia WW Uriah Hall MW Cody Gibson BW

Fighter For Sale:

Current Fighters: Gilbert Burns WW Elias Theodorou MW Soa Palelei HW

Fighter For Sale:

@GOAT_Transient

Current Fighters: Al Iaquinta LW Alan Jouban WW Anthony Birchak BW

Wins:0

Fighter For Sale:

Edited by TigerChamp
Edited Tag to Be Consistant Across All Games
  • Like 5

LOL cool but picks wont be till tomorrow, I want to make it fair for everyone, hence why I didnt put my picks in the OP  ;)

I wanted to create a game based on betting on fights. Like keep track of other people's personal bets and ****..

It sounded like too much work though.

• Like 2

I wanted to create a game based on betting on fights. Like keep track of other people's personal bets and ****..

It sounded like too much work though.

Yeah Ive been thinking about doing one for a while and keeping it fairly simple was one of my main concerns. This seems pretty easy and shouldnt take too much work lol

Also, is there a link to the rankings. Are we talking top 10? I wanna know if my original picks will qualify.

The rankings will be based off UFC s official rankings and all fighters picked must be unranked, therefore outside the top 15. I might make a slight adjustment to the OP

• Like 1

Okay got it. Got my 3 ppl. (women are included right?) When are you opening it up?

Im going to have to say no to the women at this point simply because the there is only one weak division so it wouldnt really work, sorry. Ill see how many replies this gets ( its 10 pm where I am) overnight and will announce a start time shortly after, to give everyone notice. I have a bit to do tomorrow morning but ill make sure to keep on top of it.

and who picks first?

My plan was as follows

See how many people want to play (its looking good so far) overnight. Tomorrow morning sometime when we have some numbers I will announce a start time. It will be on a first post first get basis. Post all three picks and if you are the first in with them they are yours, if someone else gets in first tough luck, youll have to try to buy them or pick someone else.

Sound fair?

• Like 1

I thought it could be one pick at a time, following registration order, but you call it

Im open to that if people prefer it. 

Think we need a better idea for picks instead of first signed up gets first pick each time imo it'd be better as random but even it we keep that rule on the second time around picking the order should be reversed so first pick is last and last first.

• Like 2

Think we need a better idea for picks instead of first signed up gets first pick each time imo it'd be better as random but even it we keep that rule on the second time around picking the order should be reversed so first pick is last and last first.

Well Im open to ideas, I liked Sparts suggestion because it would mean everybody should get at least one or two fighters they really want and by doing it one at a time we dont all have to be on at once trying to spam picks. Whatever the consensus is tomorrow im happy to go with.

• Like 1

Well Im open to ideas, I liked Sparts suggestion because it would mean everybody should get at least one or two fighters they really want and by doing it one at a time we dont all have to be on at once trying to spam picks. Whatever the consensus is tomorrow im happy to go with.

yeah sparts is a good idea I'm good with that I just think the 2nd time round should maybe be a reversed order of picking so people who join last get 1st choice of the 2nd fighter pick instead of always being last to pick that way they have more a chance to get a fighter they want but yeah we can see what everyone thinks.

• Like 2

Sounds good. Round 1 reg order, Round 2 reversed, Round 3 reg order again.

^^This is good. Then we wouldn't need to come up with a "random" way that somebody is bound to complain about anyways.

I think the people towards the end might get a slight advantage.

Edited by CASHstradamus
  • Like 1

Alright sweet, so we have enough people and Im happy to go snake method. 

Final call to sign up Im going to make first pick in an hour

Anyone who wants to play after picks have been made is welcome, but once picks have started you will have to wait till after the registered players have made their picks to join.

what are we gonna do about guys like Nick Diaz who aren't ranked but we already know he's a big thing?

I dont mind personally, yes he will get points short term but with the selling aspect fighters like him become a commodity and would encourage people to sell and trade. Just adds another element

What happens if a fighter moves to a different weight class and I already have a fighter in that division?

Then you must sell, drop or trade either of the two before their next fight. It should be pretty unlikely though

Alright Im gonna get started with the first pick, and just to remind everyone we are making 1 pick per turn in the snake method of registered users

My first pick will be Jake Matthews

Also just a note to everyone, There is currently 523 fighters on the UFC roster. When you take away the ranked fighters and womens divisions there is roughly 350 unranked fighters to choose from and this game will run for a year. If you initially miss out there will be opportunities down the track to pick up and trade other fighters.