SavageTC

Next Big Thing - Open

I still have two more picks, genius.

Yeah, you're right. Rumble didn't fight Phil Davis and immediately jump up to ranked fifth or anything... what was I thinking?!

Rumble beating Davis is a far cry away from Diaz beating Silva.

• Like 1

Rumble beating Davis is a far cry away from Diaz beating Silva.

You're just salty that you asked about him and then I drafted him.

tumblr_md42dow0sv1r5x5zu.gif

• Like 4

You're just salty that you asked about him and then I drafted him.

tumblr_md42dow0sv1r5x5zu.gif

lol no. i find it amusing how defensive you're getting though.

Even if Diaz beats Silva, you get 3 points. Whats next for Nick is even more questionable in terms of him winning.

Either way one of us won't be here to play by the time the fight happens.

Edited by SteelerNation43

ive just woken up. i will update shortly. juice you can play. we do jeed to get things done faster but without tags its much harder than I thought. from now on when anyone makes a pick could they please msg the following person. that might make this a bit quicker.

• Like 3

Even if Diaz beats Silva, you get 3 points. Whats next for Nick is even more questionable in terms of him winning.

Either way one of us won't be here to play by the time the fight happens.

lombard or brown are good fghts

I'm not quite sure you know what defensive means. I'm elated with my pick. Great pick on my part. Thanks for reminding him about me and giving me enough time to weasel my way into picking him before you. LOL

Mutha****in Thales Leites is ranked 15 in that division. Nick will get ranked even if he loses. So even if he loses... that's +4 for ya boy. Thanks bruh!

• Like 1

I'm not quite sure you know what defensive means. I'm elated with my pick. Great pick on my part. Thanks for reminding him about me and giving me enough time to weasel my way into picking him before you. LOL

Mutha**** Thales Leites is ranked 15 in that division. Nick will get ranked even if he loses. So even if he loses... that's +4 for ya boy. Thanks bruh!

lol, i don't think you understand the rules...

If he loses you get -1 points. Even if he does get ranked.

Hey genius... One point deducted from the five points I get when he gets ranked = how many points?

you dont understand, if he gets ranked its +5 so a loss is -1 + 5 for getting ranked =4

• Like 1

Hey genius... One point deducted from the five points I get when he gets ranked = how many points?

hey smart guy... its my understanding that just getting ranked doesn't get you points.... its when you're ranked their wins get you 5 points. not just a automatic 5 points for getting ranked.

Tiger... clarify please.

what do you expect hes on a MMA forum with a football name and av he cat be that bright even wearing yellow on black

• Like 1

I'm arguing with an idiot again... I gotta stop this. From the OP:

"If your fighter makes top 15 ranking its +5 points". Learn to read. And STFU til Poirier loses and you permanently STFU. I would like to add in a stipulation to our bet: the loser is officially booted from all forum games. Because I already know your retarded **** will welch.

I'm arguing with an idiot again... I gotta stop this. From the OP:

"If your fighter makes top 15 ranking its +5 points". Learn to read. And STFU til Poirier loses and you permanently STFU. I would like to add in a stipulation to our bet: the loser is officially booted from all forum games. Because I already know your retarded **** will welch.

lol. soo rustled.

This is why i said you're being defensive. Simple statements of mine make you go off the wall.

Even if i am wrong, the the rules weren't exactly written clearly.

"

When your fighter has a fight a win is +3 points a loss is -1 point

If your fighter makes top 15 ranking its +5 points"

It says "its +5 points." Meaning contingent on making top 15 the wins will be +5 points. Thats the way i took it.

Edited by SteelerNation43

lol. soo rustled.

This is why i said you're being defensive. Simple statements of mine make you go off the wall.

Even if i am wrong, the the rules weren't exactly written clearly.

"

When your fighter has a fight a win is +3 points a loss is -1 point

If your fighter makes top 15 ranking its +5 points"

It says "its +5 points." Meaning contingent on making top 15 the wins will be +5 points. Thats the way i took it.

you adding word that arent there , and thinking to hard, its simple dont break your brain

• Like 1

copy and paste

Wins and losses are entirely separate from rankings points. Hence them being on different lines. Nice try though.

OK to clarify this making the top 15 was +5 points, and the wins from there on out would be three points. So if you unranked fighter beats a guy its +3 then a day later he gets ranked you get +5 for making rank. All wins after would be worth +3. 

I dont want to go changing the rules too much but I am open to tweaks if people think it will make the game more strategic etc.

Spart mentioned extra points for achieving a higher rank, and i was thinking that if a fighter got ranked you should have to drop them and pick another, to make it harder. 

This will be fluid for a while, while we get things started

• Like 1

Also If anyone wants to PM me a list of prefered picks to try to speed this up I will do my best to not be corrupt Lol

top 10 should add another +5 and top 5 another +5 champ+15

Like I said that was an idea Spart mentioned and I had also thought about. Im not going to change the concept or basics in any major way, but if the majority would prefer this then thats what we'll go with. Obviously if we cant come to an agreement I'll make the executive decision.

And If possible I would like to have any rule adjustments finalised by last pick of the first round, so we all know whats going on.

Nah that means guys like Diaz who are only allowed to be drafted coz of refusing fights and getting removed from rankings would automatically get 10 points minimum win or lose his next fight.

This was the reason I thought it might be better if we had to pick a new fighter once they get ranked. You pick an easy win, you get some quick points then you have to start with someone new. Makes it harder and keeps things moving.

• Like 1

for real let me pick before rankings change

Either people suddenly decided Bobby Green was a boss for accepting a fight on two weeks notice, or they already changed. He jumped six spots.

This was the reason I thought it might be better if we had to pick a new fighter once they get ranked. You pick an easy win, you get some quick points then you have to start with someone new. Makes it harder and keeps things moving.

why not just make it +3 for a normal win...+5 for beating a ranked opponent. -1 for loss. No other points awarded.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, i was on for the whole morning and tried to email Tiger my preferred choices but it wouldn't go thru...not sure why.

So my pick is Chris Holdsworth. Thanks for staying patient.

• Like 3

Sure I'll play.

I'll take Aljamain Sterling

Edited by NyteRyder

why not just make it +3 for a normal win...+5 for beating a ranked opponent. -1 for loss. No other points awarded.

That seems like a pretty cool idea, I will keep it in mind

Thanks guys, i was on for the whole morning and tried to email Tiger my preferred choices but it wouldn't go thru...not sure why.

So my pick is Chris Holdsworth. Thanks for staying patient.

Thats weird I cleaned out my msgs last night, should be fine?? but sweet your pick is added

Sure I'll play.

I'll take Aljamain Sterling

you're welcome to play but your pick wont be for a little while

Keep in mind that Steeler had no complaints about the rules prior to somebody picking Nick Diaz. If we're morphing the rules after I pick, I'll be needing to make a new pick. I made the pick based on the set rules at hand.

• Like 1

Keep in mind that Steeler had no complaints about the rules prior to somebody picking Nick Diaz. If we're morphing the rules after I pick, I'll be needing to make a new pick. I made the pick based on the set rules at hand.

No rule changes are in effect yet. I would like as much feedback as possible from everyone to get the rules right before we commence play, but I will only make changes if the majority are happy with the change. I dont want everyone to have to pick again so any rule changes must be finalised before the second round of picks.

No rule changes are in effect yet. I would like as much feedback as possible from everyone to get the rules right before we commence play, but I will only make changes if the majority are happy with the change. I dont want everyone to have to pick again so any rule changes must be finalised before the second round of picks.

I have an idea. Everybody stop being a ****ing can and play the game as it is listed in the OP. Why does there have to be vaginal bleeding every time a game is started?

• Like 1

I mean yeah, if you are honest you with us you tried to **** on the competition and cheat to get ahead of the game. Thats fine because the rules allowed it. At the end of the day though its called 'Next Big Thing', I just think its a **** move...

I mean yeah, if you are honest you with us you tried to **** on the competition and cheat to get ahead of the game. Thats fine because the rules allowed it. At the end of the day though its called 'Next Big Thing', I just think its a **** move...

You're right. Steeler was the only person who would've ever come up with Nick Diaz even though there are 1900 threads on the front page about him. What a **** move that I said I was down for the game FIRST and then ended up getting second pick based on it.

He commented on this sissy **** and didn't pick... he gets skipped. Next person.