SavageTC

Next Big Thing - Open

There's not once single chance in hell you're not canadian

LOL two of my choices failed. My first was Cruz, next was Chris Holdsworth. So I said F' it. haha. But you never know. I like the way he fought in the finale.

Edited by RoezCity

LOL two of my choices failed. My first was Cruz, next was Chris Holdsworth. So I said F' it. haha. But you never know. I like the way he fought in the finale.

That's beside the point. True or false, you're Canadian?

• Like 1

So I was thinking about starting a new game if enough people are interested.

Basically the game is to find the next big fighters in the UFC. 

Everyone picks 3 unranked fighters from different weight classes. You must always have 3 fighters from different weight classes

When your fighter has a fight a win is +3 points a loss is -1 point

If your fighter makes top 15 ranking you get a bonus +5 points, and that fighter has "made it" and a new unranked replacement must be found.

Players can trade unranked fighters for no cost if they both agree to the transfer

If a player has a fighter that is highly sought after but cant find a suitable trade, they can "sell" the fighter for 6 points. The seller receives +3 points and the buyer loses -3 points 

If a player wants to drop a fighter to pick a different unchosen fighter it will cost -1 point

You can not drop or trade a fighter if they are one week or less from fighting

After 12 months the player with the highest score will be declared winner, at which point it starts again.

Picks Now Open, picks will be made in order of registration, descending then ascending etc. Players will pick one fighter at a time.

Link to full list of current fighters

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/1/29/3928296/ufc-roster-current-list-fighters

IMPORTANT REMINDER: As this is a new game some of the rules will be slightly adjusted before we commence play. All suggestions are welcome, and highly encouraged. I would like as much feedback as possible to make this as best we can. Any rule changes are to be finalised before the second round of picks begins

@TigerChamp

Current Fighters: Jake Matthews LW

Wins:0

Losses:0

Current Fighters: Nick Diaz MW

@Spartacus__

Current Fighters: Brandon Thatch WW

Current Fighters: Sergio Pettis BW

@MGun

Current Fighters: Michael Chiesa LW

@rain_wizard

Current Fighters: Chris Holdsworth BW

@wanderleisilva101

Current Fighters: Max Holloway FW

@RoezCity

Current Fighters: Elias Theodoreau MW

Current Fighters: Patrick Cummins MW

Current Fighters: Norman Parke LW

Current Fighters:

@Yesterdays_Hero

Current Fighters:

@JChristian522

Current Fighters:

@Identity

Current Fighters:

Current Fighters:

Current Fighters:

Current Fighters:

Current Fighters:

Current Fighters:

Edited by CASHstradamus
  • Like 1

Sadly that's the truth.

Once you start accusing people of cheating or playing dirty before the game has even started, you're probably going to lose.

• Like 2

Cummins is a LHW. My bad.

So I was thinking about starting a new game if enough people are interested.

Basically the game is to find the next big fighters in the UFC. 

Everyone picks 3 unranked fighters from different weight classes. You must always have 3 fighters from different weight classes

When your fighter has a fight a win is +3 points a loss is -1 point

If your fighter makes top 15 ranking you get a bonus +5 points, and that fighter has "made it" and a new unranked replacement must be found.

Players can trade unranked fighters for no cost if they both agree to the transfer

If a player has a fighter that is highly sought after but cant find a suitable trade, they can "sell" the fighter for 6 points. The seller receives +3 points and the buyer loses -3 points 

If a player wants to drop a fighter to pick a different unchosen fighter it will cost -1 point

You can not drop or trade a fighter if they are one week or less from fighting

After 12 months the player with the highest score will be declared winner, at which point it starts again.

Picks Now Open, picks will be made in order of registration, descending then ascending etc. Players will pick one fighter at a time.

Link to full list of current fighters

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/1/29/3928296/ufc-roster-current-list-fighters

IMPORTANT REMINDER: As this is a new game some of the rules will be slightly adjusted before we commence play. All suggestions are welcome, and highly encouraged. I would like as much feedback as possible to make this as best we can. Any rule changes are to be finalised before the second round of picks begins

@TigerChamp

Current Fighters: Jake Matthews LW

Current Fighters: Nick Diaz MW

@Spartacus__

Current Fighters: Brandon Thatch WW

Current Fighters: Sergio Pettis BW

@MGun

Current Fighters: Michael Chiesa LW

@rain_wizard

Current Fighters: Chris Holdsworth BW

@wanderleisilva101

Current Fighters: Max Holloway FW

@RoezCity

Current Fighters: Elias Theodoreau MW

Current Fighters: Patrick Cummins LHW

Current Fighters: Norman Parke LW

Current Fighters: Stephen Thompson WW

@Yesterdays_Hero

Current Fighters:

@JChristian522

Current Fighters:

@Identity

Current Fighters:

Current Fighters:

Current Fighters:

Current Fighters:

Current Fighters:

Current Fighters:

Steeler, please stop whining.

Yesterdays_Hero, you're up next.

• Like 1

As long as we keep on top of it we should have all picks done in probably two to three days max. Its longer than I had initially thought but I was honestly thinking 8 -10 people would sign and its pretty much double. The more people we have the more active and cool the game should be though so Im not complaining at all.

Edited by TigerChamp
  • Like 1

As long as we keep on top of it we should have all picks done in probably two to three days max. Its longer than I had initially thought but more I was honestly thinking 8 -10 people would sign and its pretty much double. The more people we have the more active and cool the game should be though so Im not complaining at all.

Yeah man. I'm pretty excited to see turn around times on fighter trades and drops once they win or lose. I imagine we're all picking guys on the cusp of being ranked. I also see player fighters fighting each other for that ranked spot and creating the gap of winners and losers in the game.

• Like 1

^even if it takes longer there's no event for 2 weeks so we have plenty of time.

Yeah I didnt think to even check when the next events were on when I started this but got really lucky that it ended up that way.

Yeah man. I'm pretty excited to see turn around times on fighter trades and drops once they win or lose. I imagine we're all picking guys on the cusp of being ranked. I also see player fighters fighting each other for that ranked spot and creating the gap of winners and losers in the game.

Exactly, Im already thinking of multiple different strategies and ways to play. Hopefully it all works lol

Ares is waiting for Alvarez to sign the contract :D

Lol he'll probably end up getting thrown for threef by Cowboy anyway   B)

• Like 2

Am I the only person wondering why the UFC thinks that fight will dramatically hike up the PPV numbers?

Lol it should be a good fight, Cowboy and Eddie both come to bang bro

• Like 2

Absolutely. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that will be a bad fight. In fact, it will almost certainly be Fight of the Night. However, how do they figure that Cerrone is suddenly a huge draw? Are they assuming that because he's won with three straight stoppages on free TV that suddenly people will fork over $50 or $60 because of it??

I ask those things because they have absolutely no evidence of Eddie Alvarez selling a single PPV. The numbers on Bellator's last PPV were awful. Granted he wasn't on the card, but it only sold a little over 100k. That seems to indicate to me that substantially less people watch Bellator vs. the UFC.

Those two things combined = me not understanding how anybody would say that fight will greatly bump the PPV numbers.

• Like 1

Absolutely. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that will be a bad fight. In fact, it will almost certainly be Fight of the Night. However, how do they figure that Cerrone is suddenly a huge draw? Are they assuming that because he's won with three straight stoppages on free TV that suddenly people will fork over $50 or $60 because of it??

I ask those things because they have absolutely no evidence of Eddie Alvarez selling a single PPV. The numbers on Bellator's last PPV were awful. Granted he wasn't on the card, but it only sold a little over 100k. That seems to indicate to me that substantially less people watch Bellator vs. the UFC.

Those two things combined = me not understanding how anybody would say that fight will greatly bump the PPV numbers.

Well the free shows are there to bring in new fans, I havent read anything regarding how many people are actually watching, but yeah it looks like they have been building Cowboy's profile up with newer fans, they can then announce that hes fighting the Bellator Champ. Doesn't matter if noobs dont know who Alverez is or even if they know what Bellator is, just COWBOY vs jdbncjs CHAMP = $$$ to Dana lol. And both fighters have a pretty good profile with serious fans, so it should be easy to hype up once its announced.

That would be my guess anyway

Edited by TigerChamp
  • Like 1

Sounds like we're going to find out. It seems like they'd really be wasting that fight on that particular card. It's already packed as it is. Jones/Cormier, Cruz/Mizugaki, McGregor/Poirier, Kennedy/Romero, Wonderboy, Doomsday, and Cat Zingano.

I doubt you'll see a giant hike from what the numbers would have been already.

• Like 1

Sounds like we're going to find out. It seems like they'd really be wasting that fight on that particular card. It's already packed as it is. Jones/Cormier, Cruz/Mizugaki, McGregor/Poirier, Kennedy/Romero, Wonderboy, Doomsday, and Cat Zingano.

I doubt you'll see a giant hike from what the numbers would have been already.

Hey at least well get to see a properly stacked card. They are pretty rare these days