SavageTC

Next Big Thing - Open

It's been almost two days since Ares has been on. I made my pick for our tournament Tuesday morning and he hasn't replied yet.

Even though Im not particularly happy about being held up the last pick on here was about 10 hours ago, so he still has a little while to go.

Once again id like to point out to people that you can PM me your picks to make it quicker, as i can add them asap and immediately notify the following player.

Hi guys sorry for the delay, been dealing with a bit of a family crisis. My pick for the NEXT BIG THING is Aljamain Sterling.

SuP? Send your next pick to TC before you log out... Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Well, this sux, 8 out of top10 on my shortlist of 25 has been taken already.

I'll pick Abel Trujillo! A win over Ross Pearsson and he's up there

But seriously, what do we do with Alvarez if he gets signed while we're in the middle of the picks?

• Like 1

Well, this sux, 8 out of top10 on my shortlist of 25 has been taken already.

I'll pick Abel Trujillo! A win over Ross Pearsson and he's up there

But seriously, what do we do with Alvarez if he gets signed while we're in the middle of the picks?

If Alvarez is signed he automatically goes to my team

Where does it say that they have to be signed? If Polo didn't try then I was going to.

OP: "Basically the game is to find the next big fighters in the UFC."

It's open to interpretation, but TC already told me via PM they must be signed.

I hope we don't get to see everyone taking 24 hours to pick just to wait for him, though

• Like 2

Should be up to the poster if he wants to risk picking someone who is outside of the UFC currently. Fighter could get signed, KO Donald Cerrone round 1, and instantly be top 5.

TC will have to decide though.

Should be up to the poster if he wants to risk picking someone who is outside of the UFC currently. Fighter could get signed, KO Donald Cerrone round 1, and instantly be top 5.

TC will have to decide though.

I would prefer that way as well, but he already told me it's UFC fighters only. Sure, let's wait for him

• Like 1

Cash will pick Lesnar next, hurry up guys and pick him before he can!

If Lesnar isn't available, I'll be hunting you down and devouring your soul.

• Like 1

Who you going to pick?

Nice try, but I'm not going to give away the identity of my fighter

• Like 1

As a newbie, I'd just like to say, cool game idea, would love to get involved on the next go round as it seems pretty hectic currently. Also, bruce Campbell is **** P4P, good shout!

• Like 2

ok just got up. so until a fighter is signed they are not a available. and neither are the females ( been asked this twice ). the second Alverez or anyone else for that matter signs, they are available to who ever gets them first, but until then unranked UFC fighters only.

Also I like the idea of a bonus points for any fotn or potn bonus. still a couple of picks left before rule modification becomes permanet so make zure you all look and let me know. ill update everything shortly

As a newbie, I'd just like to say, cool game idea, would love to get involved on the next go round as it seems pretty hectic currently. Also, bruce Campbell is **** P4P, good shout!

cheers mate when everyone registered gets done with picks your welcome to join

• Like 1

you should join now man.. its a year long game. or join one of the shorter games as to not commit so much of your time.

• Like 1

Is the rule still that you have to sell them once they get into top 15? I think it wud be better to keep them but i dont mind.

That is my preference but like I ve said, open to suggestions before we get the second round under of picks under way. I want to get peoples preference now. It means guys like Diaz and Alverez don't become overvalued. 

So its either your fighter gets ranked, you get the bonus 5 points then have to drop them for a new unranked fighter OR if you guys prefer you could keep the fighter but get no extra bonuss when they move up the rank. Bear in mind that because the game only goes for a year the max number of fights they are likely to have is 4 so It may not even be worth holding a fighter that long, and always looking for new fighters might be more beneficial in the long run

That is my preference but like I ve said, open to suggestions before we get the second round under of picks under way. I want to get peoples preference now. It means guys like Diaz and Alverez don't become overvalued. 

So its either your fighter gets ranked, you get the bonus 5 points then have to drop them for a new unranked fighter OR if you guys prefer you could keep the fighter but get no extra bonuss when they move up the rank. Bear in mind that because the game only goes for a year the max number of fights they are likely to have is 4 so It may not even be worth holding a fighter that long, and always looking for new fighters might be more beneficial in the long run

Stop tapping on the glass bruh!

• Like 1

Im going to go over the rules now and try and get everything set so if you have anything to tell me let me know asap.

im down withthe choice to keep them, and no charge if the drop a ranked fighter

Could you be a little clearer please

Alright so going over all the rules because I want them set and clear, minor adjustments made, unless anyone has complaints before the second round this will be the revised ruleset.

Everyone picks 3 fighters, must be signed to UFC, must be unranked, must be different weight classes, from the male divisions only.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/1/29/3928296/ufc-roster-current-list-fighters

A dec win +3 a dec loss -1

Win via finish +5 loss via finish -3

A draw or NC is +1

+2 bonus point for POTN or FOTN

+2 If your fighter beats a ranked opponent

If your fighter makes top 15 ranking you get +7 points, but that fighter has then "made it" and a new unranked fighter must be chosen.

Players can trade unranked fighters for no cost if they both agree to the transfer

Players can offer to sell a fighter at any time. If someone agrees seller gets +3 buyer gets -3.

If a player wants to drop a fighter to pick a different unchosen fighter it will cost -1 point.

You can not drop or trade a fighter if they are one week or less from fighting.

After 12 months the player with the highest score will be declared winner, at which point it starts again.

Edited by TigerChamp
  • Like 2