Sign in to follow this  
Daytona1

Best round you have ever watched?

What is the best round of fighting that you have ever watched in an MMA fight? I always love watching round 3 of Grice/Bermudez. I enjoyed the whole fight, but I always remember Grice bouncing off the cage trying to stand up and still firing when he could barley stand. Another fight I remember was Gomi/Diaz in Pride....such an awesome fight all in all, but round 1 was awesome! What is your favorite round of fighting?

Jones vs Cormier

Lol....WWE called, they want their story-line back on that one. Gotta love the guards holding DC down. The interview on ESPN was even funnier...."All I know, is on Sep 27.....blah blah blah blah blah".

1st rd of Brown Mein

1st rd of Bermudez Brandao

diaz vs Zaromskis

diaz vs Daley

Diaz got you feelin some type of way breh

• Like 2

Diaz vs Daley is probably the first that comes to mind,

Stann vs Wanderlei had a pretty wild first round too, wouldn't be my top pick but it's underrated

Just remembered round 3 of Huerta v Garcia.  That was awesome. Huerta had been grappled into oblivion for two rounds then managed to land a knee and choked him out.  Great come from behind win.

whoa, just looked up Huerta's record, he's gone 1-6....leaving UFC has not gone well for him

Nick Diaz vs Paul Daley.

Yeah, this probably takes it for me.  It's probably a tie with Barry/Kongo if it weren't for my amazing butthurt at Barry laying there dead with his eyes open.  Generally only crazy 1st rounds stick out in my mind

Also up there:

Fedor/Hendo

Franklin/Liddell

• Like 1

CB Dollaway vs. Francis Carmont - first round

TJ Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao - first round

Those are just for recent memory. I don't have the energy to revisit prior cards and pick my all time favorite rounds. 

Edited by PATSTER

Diaz v Daley was the best round of any fight i have seen, in any combat sport.   total slugfest

Edited by -richard
  • Like 1

Round 2 of the second (think it was the second one anyway) fight between Frankie and Gray.

In the first round, Edgar took one of the worst beatings I've seen in the octagon from a bigger/heavier opponent, and not only survived, but came back in the second to land big strikes of his own and get a massive slam.

Miraculous recovery

For me, there are a bunch of Pride fights with better rounds than nearly any UFC fight. Mostly due to the ten minute first.

Wandy/Hendo 1...

Rua/Lil Nog...

Fedor/Cro Cop...

Hendo/Rua 1, Round 2...

Some of my favorites.

• Like 1

Thanks for all of your input guys. Going to go through most of these fights and re-watch them. Seems like these older fights were much better quality, or maybe it is just me?

• Like 2

Thanks for all of your input guys. Going to go through most of these fights and re-watch them. Seems like these older fights were much better quality, or maybe it is just me?

Fights are usually better when it's two cans that can't defend

Fights are usually better when it's two cans that can't defend

Yeah....It makes for good entertainment...but I also enjoy watched extremely technical fights. Guess it depends on the number of beers. Lol