Sign in to follow this  
xFINISHxHIMx

DW says Johnson versus Gustafsson makes sense...

Gus  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Rumble vs Mauler

• ''Rumble''
    • ''The Mauler''
  2. 2. Who should get the next shot? DC od Gus?

• DC
    • Gus

It's not about who "should" get the next title shot. Cormier already has the next title shot.

Gustafsson had and blew it. He should STFU and fight or get cut.

• Like 1

He blew it by being injured? or by arguably beating Jones there first fight? If you are taking away title shots that people have earned because they get hurt then you should take away titles if someone is hurt too. These guys have spent years getting to this point and getting a title is a life changing event. They shouldn't just take that chance away if someone has to postpone for a few months.

If the UFC didn't have so many cards then they wouldn't have to replace Gus since they could just postpone the fight and have two other big name fighters fill in.

Edited by juice64011
  • Like 1

He blew it by being injured? If you are taking away title shots that people have earned then you should take away titles if someone is hurt too. These guys have spent years getting to this point and getting a title is a life changing event. They shouldn't just take that chance away if someone has to postpone for a few months.

Yes, he blew it by being injured. You see, you don't earn a title shot for good. It's a moment, a situation. Where, at that point, you're the best contender.

If you injury yourself, you might not be the best contender anymore.

• Like 1

I'll be honest, i don't get Gus' logic.

It was Gus v Jones. Gus got injured and replaced.  Therefore it became DC v Jones

Then Jones gets injured.  So Jones should get replaced, except that he's the champ so you can't.

Gus' logic is that Jones gets injured, so DC gets replaced.  Crazy.

I liked Gus a lot, he showed a lot of dignity in defeat, but he seems to be getting a bit whiny lately.  Just fight Rumble and beat him and you'll get your shot.

• Like 3

I'll be honest, i don't get Gus' logic.

It was Gus v Jones. Gus got injured and replaced.  Therefore it became DC v Jones

Then Jones gets injured.  So Jones should get replaced, except that he's the champ so you can't.

Gus' logic is that Jones gets injured, so DC gets replaced.  Crazy.

I liked Gus a lot, he showed a lot of dignity in defeat, but he seems to be getting a bit whiny lately.  Just fight Rumble and beat him and you'll get your shot.

Funny thing is, is DC accepted the title shot knowingly having an injury. He hasn't pulled out of the fight nor did he decline the fight due to injury. Boss status.

DC > both Jones and Gus.

• Like 1

Funny thing is, is DC accepted the title shot knowingly having an injury. He hasn't pulled out of the fight nor did he decline the fight due to injury. Boss status.

DC > both Jones and Gus.

Fair play to him, although i think the fact he's 8 years older than them both had something to do with it - he's probably got a lot less of his career left so needs to take a few more chances.

Tbh, the fact Gus is only 27 makes it more irritating that he's trying to sit it out and wait for his shot. Get in there and fight!

So a lifetime of work is discarded because he had an unavoidable injury. That doesn't make any sense at all.

If he still deserves a title shot after his injury, he shouldn't have a problem fighting someone meanwhile.

DC vs Rumble & Gus vs Jones

DC/Rumble winner should get Gus/Jones Winner

Gus got screwed by being leap frogged by DC who hasn't beat anyone in the division yet.

• Like 2

If he still deserves a title shot after his injury, he shouldn't have a problem fighting someone meanwhile.

So let's strip all of the hurt champions. If they are real champions they can earn it back later.

• Like 2

So let's strip all of the hurt champions. If they are real champions they can earn it back later.

That's ridiculous.

Titles shots are given to the best contender AT ONE VERY SPECIFIC MOMENT.

The belt stays. It's not as situational as title shots.

That's ridiculous.

Titles shots are given to the best contender AT ONE VERY SPECIFIC MOMENT.

The belt stays. It's not as situational as title shots.

He's a champion at that specific moment, that can change in one night especially after a long layoff. Just because a contender is hurt doesn't mean they are worse fighters than they were or that they should have to earn a shot that they already earned. The same as a champion shouldn't have to earn their titles again if it's a minor injury.  

So let's say that Jones is now hurt. DC is fine to fight and ready to go. Now DC gets hurt before their next fight night. Should he lose his shot? He was ready to fight the first time and Jones getting hurt was out of his control as was his injury for the second fight.

Edited by juice64011
  • Like 1

Gus got injured, and the better fight was made. Then those two (JJ, DC) fought, and had/have a battle of words, which promotes the fight tremendously. Dana wouldn't be the savy business man that he is if he decided to give Gus the shot over DC at this point.

All you are forgetting that DC is a HW, and he beat up HW's before coming to 205 and started to crush LHW's. If it wasn't for Cain DC would be the HW champ, this is a super fight, but people don't realize it yet.

Oh and Gus will get mauled by Rumble, and I can't wait to see that go down.

Rumble, DC, Gus, Rashad and Glover are all champ level fighters, the LHW division is pretty sick imo, especially with king JGod JoGoat sitting on top.

Edited by Homie^Cole

He's a champion at that specific moment, that can change in one night especially after a long layoff. Just because a contender is hurt doesn't mean they are worse fighters than they were or that they should have to earn a shot that they already earned. The same as a champion shouldn't have to earn their titles again if it's a minor injury.  

So let's say that Jones is now hurt. DC is fine to fight and ready to go. Now DC gets hurt before their next fight night. Should he lose his shot? He was ready to fight the first time and Jones getting hurt was out of his control as was his injury for the second fight.

If DC gets injured, he should lose his place to the next in line, Gus

But Gus wants DC to lose his place because Jones got injured. Makes no sense.

If Jones keeps getting injured, then they need an interim belt. I don't see why champs shouldn't get a bit more preferential treatment though - no one really wants to see the belt changing hands without the current champion actually fighting

• Like 1

God dammit, I can't believe I even have to argue about that.

If a title fight doesn't happen for any given reason, the champion remains the champion. It's as simple as that.

He does not need that fight to happen, because if it doesn't, it remains like it is.

A challenger, however, needs to take the opportunity he was given. He the champion injures himself, the challenger can't be punished by that. And that's why the next title shot is Cormier's.

But Gustafsson injured himself when he was the contender. A division can not stay still while a contender is recovering. This is just a no brainer.

• Like 2

The only thing I'd add is that the UFC doesn't help itself by being ambiguous and inconsistent regarding when they hold an interim belt. In an ideal world they would have some kind of rule that says the champ must defend their belt within 15 months or something.

If they can't, then there is a fight for the interim belt.  The champion then has a guaranteed shot they need to take in the next 12 months after the interim belt is decided or they lose that shot and the interim belt is no longer interim (e.g Cruz)

There we go. Sorted.

God dammit, I can't believe I even have to argue about that.

If a title fight doesn't happen for any given reason, the champion remains the champion. It's as simple as that.

He does not need that fight to happen, because if it doesn't, it remains like it is.

A challenger, however, needs to take the opportunity he was given. He the champion injures himself, the challenger can't be punished by that. And that's why the next title shot is Cormier's.

But Gustafsson injured himself when he was the contender. A division can not stay still while a contender is recovering. This is just a no brainer.

So it's a double standard in the champions favor. It's obviously not a no brainer since the UFC doesn't have any standards in place and flip flop on who they wait for and who they don't all of the time.

• Like 1

So it's a double standard in the champions favor. It's obviously not a no brainer since the UFC doesn't have any standards in place and flip flop on who they wait for and who they don't all of the time.

Dude, it's a numbers game. It's very simple. Whoever garners the most attention gets the fight. The UFC is a business, of course the top brass is going to treat it as such.

• Like 1

Dude, it's a numbers game. It's very simple. Whoever garners the most attention gets the fight. The UFC is a business, of course the top brass is going to treat it as such.

I know. There was no way Gus was going to get the next shot after that press conference. It's all a popularity contest now which is why people keep talking **** and making outlandish claims. Spart acts like there is a set rule of how it's handled which is not even close to the truth.

• Like 1

I know. There was no way Gus was going to get the next shot after that press conference. It's all a popularity contest now which is why people keep talking **** and making outlandish claims. Spart acts like there is a set rule of how it's handled which is not even close to the truth.

Well, the set rule is whoever puts the most money in the UFCs pocket gets the big fight. 

Take Barao vs Dildo 2 for example. They could of made the Alacantra fight, they even said that's the next fight... until they sat down and crunched the numbers and realised how much extra money they would make putting Barao back in the cage for an instant rematch.

• Like 2

Gus is right and he should stand by his word thus EXPOSING the behind the scenes ignorance displayed by the brass. Sweden is not Mexico you know it's all about VIVA la raza lol

Johnson would knock him out.

How many wins in a row is he on any way? No outside the UFC in canville wins counted.  Plenty of top 10ers for him to roll over yet.

Edited by PakaL

How many wins in a row is he on any way? No outside the UFC in canville wins counted.  Plenty of top 10ers for him to roll over yet.

He's on a 8 fight winning streak. His last loss was to Vitor.

• Like 2

lol juice you retarded idiot, you don't earn a title shot for life, only temporarily

If you get injured that's your fault, someone else will take the shot

• Like 2

Well, the set rule is whoever puts the most money in the UFCs pocket gets the big fight. 

Take Barao vs Dildo 2 for example. They could of made the Alacantra fight, they even said that's the next fight... until they sat down and crunched the numbers and realised how much extra money they would make putting Barao back in the cage for an instant rematch.

lol cole you idiot

Barao pulls in zero dollars, he sucks, and has no fans

The only reason TJ is fighting Barao again is because Barao is a retarded idiot and TJ will smash him easily.

They don't want to risk TJs belt against Alacantra who would smack the white off him

But if that idiot Barao somehow wins, the UFC will be ecstatic, they'll give Faber the belt and finally they'll have a BW that can sell tickets

• Like 3

lol cole you idiot

Barao pulls in zero dollars, he sucks, and has no fans

The only reason TJ is fighting Barao again is because Barao is a retarded idiot and TJ will smash him easily.

They don't want to risk TJs belt against Alacantra who would smack the white off him

But if that idiot Barao somehow wins, the UFC will be ecstatic, they'll give Faber the belt and finally they'll have a BW that can sell tickets

"The only reason TJ is fighting Barao again is because Barao is a retarded idiot and TJ will smash him easily."

Oh lawd, is that the reason?  :rolleyes:

You sound like your 15 years old, grow up kid.

"The only reason TJ is fighting Barao again is because Barao is a retarded idiot and TJ will smash him easily."

Oh lawd, is that the reason?  :rolleyes:

You sound like your 15 years old, grow up kid.

lol cole mad

CarnGOD > ****^Cole

• Like 5

Of course it is a double standard! LOL

He's the ****ing champion, are you surprised the treatment towards the champion is different?

Two wins and makes sense that he gets a title shot lmao ,well coming from White i expect nothing less.He recently beat Nogeira lol,imo an always over rated can.

I was a bigger Rumble fan than probably anyone here,i even said back in the day he was the ONLY one who could beat Jones and people laughed.

IMO his cardio is still VERY much in question and we all know how much running Gusty does.Point being coudl Rumble actually win a track meet with Gus or hope to escape and even weaker Jones type win based on ring control,problem is Rumble would do very little else other than ring control.

Two wins and makes sense that he gets a title shot lmao ,well coming from White i expect nothing less.He recently beat Nogeira lol,imo an always over rated can.

I was a bigger Rumble fan than probably anyone here,i even said back in the day he was the ONLY one who could beat Jones and people laughed.

IMO his cardio is still VERY much in question and we all know how much running Gusty does.Point being coudl Rumble actually win a track meet with Gus or hope to escape and even weaker Jones type win based on ring control,problem is Rumble would do very little else other than ring control.

I actually remember zak saying rumble would beat jones lol.