Pro Wrasslin' Discussion Thread

MauroPedrosa

4 hours ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

Why didn't they just keep War Raiders 

cause theyre the viking raiders now bro.  they got tired of looking for a war and now they want to go raid some vikings.

9 hours ago, Mcmax3000 said:

Because too many people rightfully made fun of 'The Viking Experience'?

i have a feeling that vince mcmahon must have put a whole 4 seconds worth of thought into the creative direction for this team

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, -idyb- said:

cause theyre the viking raiders now bro.  they got tired of looking for a war and now they want to go raid some vikings.

i have a feeling that vince mcmahon must have put a whole 4 seconds worth of thought into the creative direction for this team

I dont think he puts any thought into anything he does 

still cant forget when vince mcmahon died in a car fire, and instead of hosting his funeral on raw, they resurrected him and paid tribute to chris benoit instead.

probably one of the greatest fails that ever happened. they didnt know until like the day after raw that it was actually a murder-suicide and then they went about erasing him from history,  just as they did for a while with hulk hogan after he went off on a racial tyrade on home video after some black dude jackhammered his daughter, and after it went public they tried to scrub him out of the history books  as well and pretend as if andre the giant bodyslammed himself at wrestlemania. but it seems as if theyve finally gotten over themselves.  the hulkamania tew strong and will forever live on.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, -idyb- said:

still cant forget when vince mcmahon died in a car fire, and instead of hosting his funeral on raw, they resurrected him and paid tribute to chris benoit instead.

probably one of the greatest fails that ever happened. they didnt know until like the day after raw that it was actually a murder-suicide and then they went about erasing him from history,  just as they did for a while with hulk hogan after he went off on a racial tyrade on home video after some black dude jackhammered his daughter, and after it went public they tried to scrub him out of the history books  as well and pretend as if andre the giant bodyslammed himself at wrestlemania. but it seems as if theyve finally gotten over themselves.  the hulkamania tew strong and will forever live on.

Lol what if Andre did body slam himself though 

• 2 weeks later...

Image result for hardcore belt twitter

Image result for team america sick gif

On 5/10/2019 at 10:12 PM, freddievanhalen3 said:

I'm fairly new to wrestling but I was wondering a few things.. one are there any moves that have never been kick out off? Also is there a certain weapon that supposedly does more damage?? Also has any wrestler retired undefeated? Lol and why does everything have to be made out of steel? @Mcmax3000

1. Short answer no, to my knowledge anyway. Maybe back in the old days when finishers meant something but people sometimes hit there's 3 or 4 times a match now.
  2. No because you aren't really trying to hurt somebody with the weapon (go watch how HHH hits people with the sledgehammer, you'll see what I mean)
  3. Nobody of note. 
  4. I think they just say that I doubt that much of it is actually steel.
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2019 at 7:25 AM, Jolldan said:

Image result for hardcore belt twitter

Image result for team america sick gif

1. Short answer no, to my knowledge anyway. Maybe back in the old days when finishers meant something but people sometimes hit there's 3 or 4 times a match now.
  2. No because you aren't really trying to hurt somebody with the weapon (go watch how HHH hits people with the sledgehammer, you'll see what I mean)
  3. Nobody of note. 
  4. I think they just say that I doubt that much of it is actually steel.

Lol thank you I was wondering if that would get answered 

WWE approached Georges St-Pierre at the ESPN Sports Awards about working with the company. St-Pierre brought it up on 5/26 on an interview with Jean-Charles Lajoie on TVA Sports. "I was at an ESPN event in the United States, the awards ceremony, and I got approached by the WWE. I had just retired, and, it's a form of competition, but of course, it's also scripted, so I don't know if I'd be willing to relive that. Perhaps for a special event, so I could taste it. But I don't know if I'd want to sign a contract and do it every week and making it a living. Maybe for a special appearance. Perhaps we will get back to them on that, I don't know, but for the moment, there are no discussions at all. They wanted to contact my agents, I gave them their number, but I don't want to switch to wrestling full time.

I'm surprised we didn't get an idyb thread about this.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

https://impactwrestling.com/ken-shamrock-returns-to-impact-wrestling-on-sept-5-6-in-las-vegas-press-conference-set-for-sept-6-at-las-vegas-fight-shop/

Impact is so much better the WWE.. I am sure the match he is going to be in will be lame but its still cool to get him out there doing his thing.. plus I would rather this than another MMA fight.... its still beyond me how the WWE is doing so much better than Impact... They have like 6 b level shows and Impact has one awesome one..

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2019 at 3:18 AM, freddievanhalen3 said:

Its the dopest I am glad you finally decided to check it out.. Now you have to check out Lucha Underground

I'd have to look up the site but Lucha Underground is just like available legally for free now on some streaming service. Not even a paid service. Just a thing you can watch for free on a website or streaming device.

I've been meaning to watch the rest of it. I stopped after season one.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 5:26 AM, cashfl0w said:

Isn't Impact on like public access TV? If they were so GOAT, wouldn't they make a dollar or two here or there?

They've been spending the year playing the world's easiest game of One of These Things is Not Like The Other over on the Pursuit Channel...

CQWX3nI.jpg

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mcmax3000 said:

They've been spending the year playing the world's easiest game of One of These Things is Not Like The Other over on the Pursuit Channel...

CQWX3nI.jpg

AXS TV is supposed to start airing their shows in the U.S. soon. I believe they're owned by the same company now. 

That channel is actually where I saw the AAA show. They air NJPW and WOW also. I realized after watching New Japan and that AAA show that I've been watching dumbed down, slow motion boring wrestling for years now. lol

2 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

AXS TV is supposed to start airing their shows in the U.S. soon. I believe they're owned by the same company now.

Yeah, Anthem bought AXS and Impact is moving there next month, hopefully also a better day/time as well.

2 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

That channel is actually where I saw the AAA show

That was the AAA show from NY. They made a deal with Impact to promote the show because NY is one of the states that still regulates pro wrestling and AAA didn't have a promoter's license, so I assume them getting to air the show was part of that deal.

AAA streams a lot of their stuff free on Twitch. I've watched a few of their events. They're pretty hit or miss. I generally enjoy CMLL more from an in-ring standpoint when it comes to watching Lucha Libre, but I wish they had English commentary so I knew what the hell was going on some of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair, Cain's still injured from the Ngannou fight months back.

That's why I'm surprised he was even allowed to go for a Hurricarana during the AAA Show.

It was an epic appearance to me.

I like WWE, AEW, and NXT.

Haven't watched TNA in years though.

36 minutes ago, Mcmax3000 said:

Not the slightest bit.

Most interesting her character has been on the main roster literally ever. Her silly, happy-go-lucky character just doesn't vibe on the main roster like it did for the same 400 people every week in Full Sail. The only women who get over on the main roster have to do some variation of the Stone Cold Steve Austin gimmick. Sad, but true.

16 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Her silly, happy-go-lucky character just doesn't vibe on the main roster

See, that’s the thing... I think it absolutely could have, but they’ve booked her like ****. That’s what makes me hate it. If you can’t get that character over as a face, what the **** are you doing writing a wrestling show?

5 minutes ago, Mcmax3000 said:

See, that’s the thing... I think it absolutely could have, but they’ve booked her like ****. That’s what makes me hate it. If you can’t get that character over as a face, what the **** are you doing writing a wrestling show?

I have come to understand why you felt like you did about the main roster. As I was watching Reigns vs. Rollins and their series of choreographed dance maneuvers, and I think I counted a total of four wrestling moves in a fifteen minute match (that ended horribly with Reigns just disappearing as his friend got attacked, but then climbed back through the ring, just to get peeked at by The Fiend???), I realized how much better of a product AEW is, and really NXT too. The writing is bad, the wrestling is bad, it's trash. 

• Like 1

The first two weeks of AEW were great IMO. 

One thing that irks me about the fanboys however. They complain about an overaged wrestler being champion (Brock) and then get on their knees to blow Jericho. I'm a HUGE Y2J fan, probably only second fiddle to Benoit but I call it like I see it. 

Cash hit the nail on the head in every regard. 

• Like 1