MauroPedrosa

Pro Wrasslin' Discussion Thread

6 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

I have come to understand why you felt like you did about the main roster. As I was watching Reigns vs. Rollins and their series of choreographed dance maneuvers, and I think I counted a total of four wrestling moves in a fifteen minute match (that ended horribly with Reigns just disappearing as his friend got attacked, but then climbed back through the ring, just to get peeked at by The Fiend???), I realized how much better of a product AEW is, and really NXT too. The writing is bad, the wrestling is bad, it's trash. 

Yeah, even only watching the PPVs, I’m still kind of checking out on the main roster even more. Now that they’ve taken NXT away from me, I’m kind of wondering if I should just become one of those fans that subscribes to the Network from January to April and then cancels for the rest of the year.

5 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

The first two weeks of AEW were great IMO. 

One thing that irks me about the fanboys however. They complain about an overaged wrestler being champion (Brock) and then get on their knees to blow Jericho. I'm a HUGE Y2J fan, probably only second fiddle to Benoit but I call it like I see it. 

Cash hit the nail on the head in every regard. 

I think he big differences are that 1) Brock keeps getting the title over and over, and 2) he’s part time.

Jericho is so far AEW’s one and only champion, so we don’t know if he’ll fit criteria number one, but he is working full time for the company, so he doesn’t fit number two.

(of course, I say that as somebody that doesn’t really mind Lesnar being champ all that much)

• Like 2

Le Champion is the best dude on the microphone in pro wrasslin. And I'm including The Rock.

I strongly dislike the look of the Young Bucks, but their talent is undeniable. Omega is a damn good wrestler, unleashed Moxley is way better. AEW is a damn good product as far as I'm concerned.

McMod, I don't think NXT is going to work out full time on USA. Vince will either throw some money at it, which I doubt, or just pull it and put it back on the Network. But if he does that, he admits defeat, and I think AEW should then move to Monday nights and shove Raw off the air.

Edited by cashfl0w

I would love for NXT to go back to the Network so I could watch it again but they’re supposedly getting like $50 Million a year from USA, so as long as USA doesn’t cancel it, they’re not pulling it anytime soon.

to hell with AEW and WWE. it's all about Ultimate Surrender.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

RAW was so bad. 

AEW has been ok. The tag division is amazing but the singles stuff is mediocre. Pac needs to win the title. 

I need your thoughts on Orange Cassidy.

8 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

I need your thoughts on Orange Cassidy.

At first I didn't care for him. However after watching some of his matches where he actually wrestles it changed my mind. The gimmick grew on me a lot. I hope they put him in a singles match soon and let him work for 20 minutes. 

• Like 1

I used to love wrestling, as a kid...

As a family, we couldn't afford Sky (which showed WWF), so i had to put up with WCW, which used to be on Free to air Channel 4 and ITV

However.. I had friends who would tape shows for me, so i could watch them. Blessed to have grown up with the level of wrestlers back then. I've watched a little recently and it's garbage!

Some of favorite wrestlers

The Mountie (The Big Boss Man match was epic)

Hercules (Super Jacked)

Legions of Doom

Sting (WCW original)

IRS

Mr Perfect

34 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

I've watched a little recently and it's garbage!

Do yourself a favor, watch some Orange Cassidy clips on YouTube, and then get back to us.

I know @Jolldan's favorite wrestler is Orange Cassidy. He's spent most of the money he's earned in his life touring around watching The Orange GOD at independent shows.

1 minute ago, cashfl0w said:

I know @Jolldan's favorite wrestler is Orange Cassidy. He's spent most of the money he's earned in his life touring around watching The Orange GOD at independent shows.

I haven't seen anything else of him other than the clip from the battle royale lol did seem a very odd gimmick though.

alright mcmod. it comes the time where i gotta pop the question to you

which WWE diva would you rather impregnate - The Fabulous Moolah, or Mae Young?

Edited by -idyb-

Went Full @Mcmax3000 and bought tickets to War Games, Survivor Series, and AEW Dynamite on the following Wednesday. Not sure what Chicago ever did to deserve all the love from the wrasslin community, but I'm reaping the rewards nonetheless!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Not sure what Chicago ever did to deserve all the love from the wrasslin community

They bought lots of tickets and have generally consistently been loud during shows

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mcmax3000 said:

They bought lots of tickets and have generally consistently been loud during shows

Being loud is not an issue for us.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2019 at 6:59 AM, cashfl0w said:

Went Full @Mcmax3000 and bought tickets to War Games, Survivor Series, and AEW Dynamite on the following Wednesday. Not sure what Chicago ever did to deserve all the love from the wrasslin community, but I'm reaping the rewards nonetheless!

Same boat with you instead I went overboard and doing the Quad. Smackdown-RAW. AEW as well. I will have my fix for the next couple of years. Looking forward to War Games and AEW. 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 12:23 PM, bigdw35/Ufcfan_1 said:

Always a Hot crowd. 

Crowd was buck **** wild tonight. I was digging it. Damn good show too.

Hopefully tomorrow night is as lit as War Games.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I thought this takeover was underwhelming to be honest. I'm sure it was better in person @cashfl0w but the best match for me was the womans war games. 

I was underwhelmed by Dunne/Priest/Dane, but mainly because I don't care for either of those guys.

The Riddle/Balor match was a dud for me. A lot of stalling. Main roster pace. 

I enjoyed both War Games matches. Had good seats, and we could see it all. 

• Like 1

just sat through survivor series.  meh. wake me up when the royal rumble is about to start

Edited by -idyb-

On 11/24/2019 at 12:25 PM, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I thought this takeover was underwhelming to be honest. I'm sure it was better in person @cashfl0w but the best match for me was the womans war games. 

I enjoyed it but I'd probably put it in the bottom half of Takeovers, which is still pretty good because there hasn't been a bad Takeover.

tuned into raw for a little bit the other day and seen that rusev's wife left him for the BBC  lol

maybe the New Day will even get in on the action

Edited by -idyb-

9 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

L.A. Park died?!

No, La Parka. Two different guys.

My basic understanding is that the guy now known as L.A. Park had a falling out with AAA years ago and left (or was fired, one of the two...probably fired given his reputation) and they made a new La Parka and he changed his name to L.A. Park.

9 hours ago, VertFTW said:

La Parka dead ?

@Mcmax3000

That’s sadly not surprising. He had an accident while doing a suicide dive to the outside during a match a couple of months ago and there were thoughts at the time that he wasn’t going to survive the night. He’s been in pretty bad shape ever since.

AEW is overrated trash. The ending to the latest episode was rehashed garbage. 

I was a big supporter of it but seeing how bad it is (minus the tag division) made me appreciate WWE even more.

i remember la parka from when i watched wcw

the skeleton dude who always came out with a chair

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

AEW is overrated trash. The ending to the latest episode was rehashed garbage. 

I was a big supporter of it but seeing how bad it is (minus the tag division) made me appreciate WWE even more.

i usually only watch the big 4 wwe ppvs each year but i could barely sit through all of survivor series.  i guess ill give the rumble another go but im pretty much burned out from wwe. its kinda lost its magic to me after the attitude era and i just couldnt get it into it like i used to.

i dont know where to watch any of this AEW stuff in canada and i dont know if its any good, but i remember the fans were bored and chanting AEW all throughout some of the survivor series matches. maybe ill try to check it out sometime. apparently chris jericho and dean ambrose went over there or something and ive always kind of liked those guys

Edited by -idyb-