• Amir Sadollah
  4. 4. Rin Nakai vs. Miesha Tate

5. 5. Alex Caceres vs. Masanori Kanehara

• Alex Caceres
    • Masanori Kanehara
  6. 6. Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Jon Delos Reyes

Saturday, September 20, 2014 - Saitama Super Arena, Saitama, Japan

Bvgq_HHv_IAAA_4_TP_jpg_large.jpg

(Not the official poster, but I couldn't find an english version of the real poster)

Fight Card

MAIN CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 3:00 a.m. ET)
UFC.TV Fight Pass Link | Start Time in All Regions

• Mark Hunt vs. Roy Nelson - Five Round Main Event
  • Takanori Gomi vs. Myles Jury
  • Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Amir Sadollah
  • Rin Nakai vs. Miesha Tate
  • Alex Caceres vs. Masanori Kanehara
  • Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Jon Delos Reyes

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 12:30 a.m. ET)
UFC Fight Pass Link | Start Time in All Regions

• Kiichi Kunimoto vs. Richard Walsh
  • Katsunori Kikuno vs. Sam Sicilia
  • Hyun Gyu Lim vs. Takenori Sato
  • Kyung Ho Kang vs. Michinori Tanaka
  • Johnny Case vs. Kazuki Tokudome
  • Maximo Blanco vs. Daniel Hooker

LoL McMod couldnt get this up fast enough haha

WAR HUNTO!!!!!

Ha. This post has actually been done for hours now. I just had it hidden.

• Like 3

Also, FYI, the start time for the prelims for this show are really unclear right now.

MMAJunkie has it listed as starting at 1:30am, UFC.TV has it listed as starting at 1am, and the wait screen before tonight's event had it listed as 12:30am.

And now, on top of that, UFC just put up a graphic saying the main card starts at 3am, but UFC.TV has it listed as 3:30a.

Surprised so many people picking Gomi.

Jury is undefeated, has pretty much dominated all his opponents, including Michael Johnson. Plus he's with one of the best MMA camps atm in Alliance (I'm pretty sure) so he's only gonna get better. Jury isn't gonna get in a slugfest, he's too smart for that, I see him taking a decision or maybe a sub.

Mainevent of the year right there. Cant wait to see Hunt school Nelson in the stand up and knock him the feck out when he tries to hold on for dear life.

• Like 2

Damn you can pass.

Gonna miss a good HW scrap, Bruce Leeroy, AND meisha's butt. WTF can pass is supposed to have terrible cards not stuff I actually want to see.

Surprised 2 people have gone for that Japanese midget woman over Miesha.  Seems more like a WWE character than an MMA fighter....some seriously odd you-tube clips floating around.

8AM in the UK, nice little breakfast card.

• Like 1

If anybody bets on the fights Nelson is one of the better value bets I can remember (+120) 

GOAT poster. WAR Hunto.

They really should have Lenne Hardt announcing for this just for old times sake and because Buffer sucks & Lenne is GOAT. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 2

Im surprised that so many people think sexyama is going to win

dude, its never about who you think will win, its about who you want to win. UFC forum logic since day 1

• Like 2

If anybody bets on the fights Nelson is one of the better value bets I can remember (+120)

I understand the sentiment, but any bet you place on Medium Country is going to get crushed by Samoan Fury.

And Bruce Leeroy is more Asian than any of these other rice cans on this card.

Edited by Omoplataypus
  • Like 2

IneedSodollah and Akiyama haven't fought in over two years.  Do they think they're Cain or Pettis or some ish???

IneedSodollah and Akiyama haven't fought in over two years.  

I like how they put that fight in the middle of the main card like they aren't both giant cans.

"They can't both lose!" - DFW

• Like 1

as his unconscious body succumbs to the power of Hunto

Entirely possible.  I like watching both fighters -- this is gonna be great.

Hunt has a strength advantage, but Big Country's got the edge with the technical.  If Nelson gets Hunt down, it's good night Irene.  If he can't -- and it plays out as the stand up war I'd love to see -- then it's a toss up.  I think Nelson has just as good a chance as Hunt at landing the big poop.

Entirely possible. I like watching both fighters -- this is gonna be great.

Hunt has a strength advantage, but Big Country's got the edge with the technical. If Nelson gets Hunt down, it's good night Irene. If he can't -- and it plays out as the stand up war I'd love to see -- then it's a toss up. I think Nelson has just as good a chance as Hunt at landing the big poop.

I'm expecting Hunt to have a speed advantage and I don't know how you give Medium Country the technical advantage in striking over The Super Samoan. One is a K1 legend and the other just throws big looping overhands. Not saying MC can't be effective with his massive right, but it's not exactly technical.

On the ground I agree MC should hold an advantage, but Hunt has shown vast Iimprovement in his wrestling/ground game, especially in his ability to scramble out of trouble.

I don't think it will go to the ground for extended time and I see Hunt possibly scoring a 3rd or 4th round TKO, but maybe it's more likely that this one goes to a decision (which i would have Hunt winning via repeatedly beating MC to the punch with that deceptively fast leaping left hook and hard leg kicks) with these two iron chins we've got here.

And if I have to keep missing fights like this I might just have to bite the bullet and get can pass.

I hate you Dana. Can pass.... fml

• Like 1

I'm praying to the the God Babaji that Roy doesn't go full lay and pray and turns this GOAT fight into something worthy of fightpass

I'm expecting Hunt to have a speed advantage and I don't know how you give Medium Country the technical advantage in striking over The Super Samoan. One is a K1 legend and the other just throws big looping overhands. Not saying MC can't be effective with his massive right, but it's not exactly technical.

On the ground I agree MC should hold an advantage, but Hunt has shown vast Iimprovement in his wrestling/ground game, especially in his ability to scramble out of trouble.

I don't think it will go to the ground for extended time and I see Hunt possibly scoring a 3rd or 4th round TKO, but maybe it's more likely that this one goes to a decision (which i would have Hunt winning via repeatedly beating MC to the punch with that deceptively fast leaping left hook and hard leg kicks) with these two iron chins we've got here.

100% wrong. Bravo!

Roy Nelson is absolutely more technical than Hunt. He does not throw only looping right hands. Hunt does not have the slightest speed advantage. Big Country wins easy. lol.. this picture should clarify what will happen in this fight.

McCorkle-snaps-Hunts-arm.jpg

• Like 1

100% wrong. Bravo!

Roy Nelson is absolutely more technical than Hunt. He does not throw only looping right hands. Hunt does not have the slightest speed advantage. Big Country wins easy. lol.. this picture should clarify what will happen in this fight.

We'll find out Saturday.

Thankfully, Big Sexy won't straight armbar him from the bottom again. The Kiwi jimmies couldn't handle that.

Cheeseburger Roy will be depleted and agitated from the Asian cuisine. I fear for Hunt's life.

100% wrong. Bravo!

Im thinking something similar to this

I've updated the start times to reflect what is now showing on UFC.TV, which matches the advertised start times from this past weekend's event, so unless I hear otherwise, I'd proceeding under the expectation that those are correct.

I'm expecting Hunt to have a speed advantage and I don't know how<b> you give Medium Country the technical advantage in striking</b> over The Super Samoan. One is a K1 legend and the other just throws big looping overhands. Not saying MC can't be effective with his massive right, but it's not exactly technical.

Omo - I didn't give Nelson the nod for technique in striking -- I pretty much said they're even in striking. I gave Big Country the general advantage in technique because he's more well rounded than Hunt, and this ain't K-1.

You do make a good point about Hunt's K-1 skills, though. The stats on their UFC fighter profiles support your view.  But Nelson is deceptively dangerous. Hunt is pretty straight forward.  Hunt better keep his kicks low and quick.

Edited by LennyTheBat

100% wrong. Bravo!

doubt the super Samoan at your peril. Try some MMAMath and view their mutual opponents. JDS for example. Look at the damage Hunt put on him (with a broken toe for the entire match no less) compared to the fattest heavy bag session JDS ever had against Roy.

It's ok though we can be bro's again once you're out of purgatory

• Like 1

If Hunt keeps Roy at distance and keeps himself from getting tied up/taken down then Hunt will win by TKO in the 4th when a gassed Roy can no longer take hits to the face and goes full turtle

100% wrong. Bravo!

lmao digging up the archives, Hunt sat in Struve's guard and had no trouble

The only reason this goes to the ground is because Roy is unconscious or he feels Hunt's power and ****s himself

• Like 3

Omo - I didn't give Nelson the nod for technique in striking -- I pretty much said they're even in striking. I gave Big Country the general advantage in technique because he's more well rounded than Hunt, and this ain't K-1.

You do make a good point about Hunt's K-1 skills, though. The stats on their UFC fighter profiles support your view. But Nelson is deceptively dangerous. Hunt is pretty straight forward. Hunt better keep his kicks low and quick.

I'm a Roy fan just not in this fight. A lot of his fights have pretty much been K1. I think he'll bang it out with Hunt unless he's getting smoked. He seems reluctant to utilize his jitz these days and that could cost him.

Even if MC came out the gate shooting for TDs, it still might wind up being a stand up fight because Hunt is strong as hell and has a great low base to sprawl from.