Sign in to follow this  
classicboxer

Final decision on Tony Stewart- Kevin Ward Jr. accident

Tony Stewart will not be charged in the death of Kevin Ward Jr. I am bringing this up because it was reported that Ward was high on marijuana, and he was "impaired". How many of you guys drive while high? Do you go to work while under the influence? Instead of implicating yourself, give me your opinions about this subject.

• Like 1

i dont drive impaired.  the asian down the block gets a lot of money from me.

were they turning left, by chance?  hoohoo i kill myself.

• Like 1

So it's okay to murder somebody if they're under the influence?

Haven't read anything recent on this but would like to know if they were able to determine when he got high because the evidence can stay in your system for weeks. If he was able to drive a car competitively his reaction time couldn't have been that delayed. Their was no ruling that was going to make everybody happy but I'm disappointed. 

There is no way to tell he was high at the time of the accident...as everyone already knows thc stays in ur system a substantial amount of time after the effects (highness) has faded away...and everyone is different some people I know drive better when high some drive worse some wont drive at all that all applies to work n whatever else u do or dont do high. Id imagine someone who is at that level of competition is well aware of what he is capable of doing before during and after a race...long story short weed is the scapegoat for one of nascars poster boys

• Like 2

there should be zero tolerance for weed in nascar ever.  i say this as a full supporter of the green movement.

This didn't happen in Nascar and they already have rules against all drugs in Nascar.

• Like 1

So it's okay to murder somebody if they're under the influence?

Haven't read anything recent on this but would like to know if they were able to determine when he got high because the evidence can stay in your system for weeks. If he was able to drive a car competitively his reaction time couldn't have been that delayed. Their was no ruling that was going to make everybody happy but I'm disappointed. 

Well he made it 14 laps and hit a wall so...

Edited by juice64011
  • Like 1

Oh and side note ive been higher than high seen people higher than high n never once thought I can prolly walk in front of a race car and wont get hurt...for anyone who hasnt been high u dont lose common sense or suddenly become mentally retarded not much changes judgement wise like it does with alcohol

Drive high smoke at work, "high" excuses are just that excuses. It has no negative effect on things you do that your good at

Study high, take your test high, get high scores.

47823853.jpg

• Like 8

Well he made it 14 laps and hit a wall so...

I must be high too cause I remember Tony doing that... not the weed. 

I must be high too cause I remember Tony doing that... not the weed.

Lol right... stewart puts him in the wall then runs him over n they blame weed...its almost funny... nascar should start running the commercial from harold n kumar

• Like 3

I don't think that the weed should really be a consideration but I don't see how you can charge Tony either. Ward walked onto a racetrack and grabbed the wing of a moving race car. What Tony did looks bad and maybe he did try to scare him by sliding close to him but there is no way of knowing that for sure. Multiple professional drivers said that it was dark, Ward was wearing a dark suit, and to turn those cars you have to slide the back tires around so Tony probably saw him late and tried to avoid him by sliding his tires up and turning. Not that other drivers haven't done it but when drivers leave their cars to confront other drivers it leaves them at risk and unfortunately he paid the ultimate price.

This is more or less what I expected, the stoners refuse to acknowledge that when you are high you are impaired.

this is more or less what i expect from you, refusal to acknowledge that THC can stay in your system for a number of days and could have played no part in this at all

• Like 3

Tough question. I've driven high on cannabis too many times to count, I found that it makes me a more cautious driver, but that doesn't make it right. The problem is, cannabis affects different people in different ways, so I guess I'm not OK with it now that I'm older. As for work... getting high at my old job was the only way to get through the day without going berserk. Nobody gives a **** with my current "job",.

Since he was dead, wouldn't they know how much THC was in his system, and not just if he had it. Is the amount of THC in your system the same 1 hour after you smoke as it is 1 day after you smoke it?

This is more or less what I expected, the stoners refuse to acknowledge that when you are high you are impaired.

Im not saying that at all im saying u cant confirm he was in fact impaired during the accident and they are using this as a scapegoat. Of course ur impaired thats the point but u cant blame weed for peoples actions when there is potential it had no effect on the accident I just hate how we blame weed for peoples actions...dont charge stewart **** happens in racing but don't blame weed ward got out his car dangerously cuz he was furious not high

• Like 1

Since he was dead, wouldn't they know how much THC was in his system, and not just if he had it. Is the amount of THC in your system the same 1 hour after you smoke as it is 1 day after you smoke it?

can be there for days, depends on the individual.   not the same as alcohol 

So you can't judge how high someone is by how much THC is in their system? Isn't THC what makes you high?

You can have THC in your system and not be high at all. I can smoke half a joint and feel nothing sometimes.

Evolution killed Kevin Ward Jr. because he's a retard that got out of his car and went into high speed oncoming traffic.

Parents teach you that ish when you are under the age of 4.

To sum up - Kevin Ward Jr. died because he's dumber then a 4 year old.

• Like 1

So you can't judge how high someone is by how much THC is in their system? Isn't THC what makes you high?

You can have THC in your system and not be high at all. I can smoke half a joint and feel nothing sometimes.

This.   its more complicated than you think CB

I can smoke a bowl of green, and have high levels of THC a week later, i wont be high all week

Edited by -richard

U can measure the amount yes but that is all stored in body fat...I imagine he was a regular smoker (wouldnt make sense for a non smoker to indulge before an important race ie "I dont smoke but maybe ill do it before work" doesnt make sense) u can pretty much only tell how much they smoke or if they have smoked more or less then ur last test not if ur high at that moment in time

• Like 1

Impaired judgement?  Maybe.  I think some stoner made the comment earlier saying " If he was able to drive a car competitively his reaction time couldn't have been that delayed."  (He also has a sig that makes a very unflattering reference to my threads.  Bro!)  Anyway, I think a lot of the things the potheads gathered here have been saying are true.  But on to other matters.

For a moment, let's cast aside the completely irrelevant fact that immediately before impact, Tony Stewart hit the gas.  Now at the tender age of 35, I've done a fair amount of driving.  I typically slow down when there are pedestrians or puppies or motorcycles or trees...or other cars...really, whenever anything comes in my path.  My understanding is, that is one of the keys to avoiding smashing into one of these mother****ers.  But what do I know?  I'm not a racecar driver.

You know, Kevin Ward wasn't even in his path.  Tony Stewart's car swerved to hit him.  Now the thing you need to keep in mind, is that racecar drivers are...eh...pretty good at driving.   Listen, they're frickin' awesome at driving.  You think you're good?  Shoot, these guys are phenomenal.  To "not hit someone" who is "not in your path" seems like a pretty simple feat.

Here's a crazy coincidence. Tony Stewart was the guy Kevin Ward had a beef with, and out of all the drivers on that racetrack, Tony Stewart was the one who hit him.  What are the odds?

Impaired judgement?  Maybe.  I think some stoner made the comment earlier saying " If he was able to drive a car competitively his reaction time couldn't have been that delayed."  (He also has a sig that makes a very unflattering reference to my threads.  Bro!)  Anyway, I think a lot of the things the potheads gathered here have been saying are true.  But on to other matters.

For a moment, let's cast aside the completely irrelevant fact that immediately before impact, Tony Stewart hit the gas.  Now at the tender age of 35, I've done a fair amount of driving.  I typically slow down when there are pedestrians or puppies or motorcycles or trees...or other cars...really, whenever anything comes in my path.  My understanding is, that is one of the keys to avoiding smashing into one of these ****.  But what do I know?  I'm not a racecar driver.

You know, Kevin Ward wasn't even in his path.  Tony Stewart's car swerved to hit him.  Now the thing you need to keep in mind, is that racecar drivers are...eh...pretty good at driving.   Listen, they're frickin' awesome at driving.  You think you're good?  Shoot, these guys are phenomenal.  To "not hit someone" who is "not in your path" seems like a pretty simple feat.

Here's a crazy coincidence. Tony Stewart was the guy Kevin Ward had a beef with, and out of all the drivers on that racetrack, Tony Stewart was the one who hit him.  What are the odds?

Sprint cars don't just turn like normal cars. They have a small amount of turn using the steering wheel but are made so that to make those corners they have to hit the gas and slide the back end of the car around. Ward's tire barely touched Tony's tire which put him in the wall. It really didn't look intentional and Ward was the one wrecked not Tony so unless something happened earlier in the race Tony had no reason to be mad at Ward. Also if you watch the video Ward was jumping back and forth in front of the car so it's not like he was standing still and Tony ran him down. All of that is irrelevant since we can't prove what's going through Tony's mind and Ward shouldn't have been on the track or grabbed the wing of a moving race car.

• Like 1

Sprint cars don't just turn like normal cars. They have a small amount of turn using the steering wheel but are made so that to make those corners they have to hit the gas and slide the back end of the car around. Ward's tire barely touched Tony's tire which put him in the wall. It really didn't look intentional and Ward was the one wrecked not Tony so unless something happened earlier in the race Tony had no reason to be mad at Ward. Also if you watch the video Ward was jumping back and forth in front of the car so it's not like he was standing still and Tony ran him down. All of that is irrelevant since we can't prove what's going through Tony's mind and Ward shouldn't have been on the track or grabbed the wing of a moving race car.

So what you're saying is that Tony Stewart hit the gas to slide the back end of his car around so it could veer into the path of Ward?

So what you're saying is that Tony Stewart hit the gas to slide the back end of his car around so it could veer into the path of Ward?

How old were you when you learned to avoid incoming cars coming at you?

• Like 5

How old were you when you learned to avoid incoming cars coming at you?

Who are you?  Tell me a little about yourself.  What do you look like?  How much success do you have with women?  How many friends do you have?  

I'm curious because I have a theory about you.  You see, every other comment I make, you quote it and throw some sort of insult my way.  I don't even know you.  I don't know anything about you and I don't really care.  But if I was to picture what sort of guy follows someone around on a forum and is "mean" to him; someone who he has no association with...someone who doesn't chase him around in turn...well that picture isn't that of a sexy, daring man with a ton of friends.

Listen, if that's the case, I really don't want to take a stab at you because that would just be terrible.  You don't need to be angry with me or jealous of me or whatever emotion you have that causes you to follow me around.  I have a laundry list of problems, myself.  I've shared many of them on this forum.  My suggestion is to work a little on yourself.  Heck, that's what I've been doing for the last six months and while lately it's been kinda' boring, I know that hard work pays off.

Who are you?  Tell me a little about yourself.  What do you look like?  How much success do you have with women?  How many friends do you have?  

I'm curious because I have a theory about you.  You see, every other comment I make, you quote it and throw some sort of insult my way.  I don't even know you.  I don't know anything about you and I don't really care.  But if I was to picture what sort of guy follows someone around on a forum and is "mean" to him; someone who he has no association with...someone who doesn't chase him around in turn...well that picture isn't that of a sexy, daring man with a ton of friends.

Listen, if that's the case, I really don't want to take a stab at you because that would just be terrible.  You don't need to be angry with me or jealous of me or whatever emotion you have that causes you to follow me around.  I have a laundry list of problems, myself.  I've shared many of them on this forum.  My suggestion is to work a little on yourself.  Heck, that's what I've been doing for the last six months and while lately it's been kinda' boring, I know that hard work pays off.

I don't think that was even a jab at you. It was a jab at Ward doing something that we learned not to do as little kids.

• Like 3

Asks questions about his life, says that he doesn't care...

• Like 4

I don't think that was even a jab at you. It was a jab at Ward doing something that we learned not to do as little kids.

thats how i read it too

• Like 1

Maybe.

thats how i read it too

Now, I'm starting to feel kinda' bad.  But...

How old were YOU when YOU learned to avoid incoming cars coming at YOU?

...you know, he really did seem to direct it toward me.  That dude is always trying to put me down, so I don't really care if I fired back in an instance where he may or may not have had it comin'.

My comment was about Ward Jr.  You are smarter than him because you learned how to avoid incoming traffic as most of us did at a young age.  Ward Jr was a 20 something year old and didn't figure it out, so it goes to what I was saying earlier in this thread.

Evolution is what killed Ward Jr. because he got killed over something that most of us learn when we are 4 years old or younger.

As to your comment - lol; Stay rustled, my friend. 

• Like 1

Maybe.

Now, I'm starting to feel kinda' bad.  But...

...you know, he really did seem to direct it toward me.  That dude is always trying to put me down, so I don't really care if I fired back in an instance where he may or may not have had it comin'.

Calm down, man.  You are less retarded then Ward Jr.  FYI, that was the insult.  The previous posts in this thread were all about Ward Jr.

Make sense?

• Like 2

One final point. Everybody here has an opinion, and stated it here. However, the LEGAL SYSTEM said he was impaired, based on the autopsy.