Sign in to follow this  
Klin

Drama instead of fighting

What is the deal with all the drama on UFC?  So so sick of all the tears on these shows and poor poor pitiul me's.   This show is really starting to go downhill fast.  Used to really love watching it, but getting tired of drama drama drama.  Look back on the start up shows and see what the people used to like watching.   This stuff on now is for the birds.  I thought I may like watching the women better because the men cried so much, but the women cry too. 

Come on Dana bring back the old UFC type shows!!!!!

• Like 3

TUF has always been about drama, going back to season one when Chris Leben & Josh Koschek were going at each other in the house.

The drama is just way less interesting nowadays.

• Like 5

TUF has always been about drama, going back to season one when Chris Leben & Josh Koschek were going at each other in the house.

it was never really all the interesting.. I was always waiting for the fights 

• Like 5

Aggro, banter and crazy practical jokes have been replaced by tears, ****iness and humdrum drama.

It's the price to pay for professionalism

• Like 1

I don't wanna be harsh on the girls but it's clear to see women's MMA has got work to do. Bec's fighting at 115 and is still is a little flabby.

Most these fights have been entertaining but most of them have little fighting skill. 

• Like 2

I don't wanna be harsh on the girls but it's clear to see women's MMA has got work to do. Bec's fighting at 115 and is still is a little flabby.

Most these fights have been entertaining but most of them have little fighting skill. 

nothing against WMMA but thats the main reason I havent watched it 

• Like 2

What is the deal with all the drama on UFC?  So so sick of all the tears on these shows and poor poor pitiul me's.   This show is really starting to go downhill fast.  Used to really love watching it, but getting tired of drama drama drama.  Look back on the start up shows and see what the people used to like watching.   This stuff on now is for the birds.  I thought I may like watching the women better because the men cried so much, but the women cry too. 

Come on Dana bring back the old UFC type shows!!!!!

I agree that the drama is way less interesting nowadays.  However, the drama from the past few TUF seasons seems to be the focal emphasis of the show instead of the fights themselves. 

My belief is they are trying to get more of a target audience who watch drama filled reality shows.

• Like 2

I agree that the drama is way less interesting nowadays.  However, the drama from the past few TUF seasons seems to be the focal emphasis of the show instead of the fights themselves. 

My belief is they are trying to get more of a target audience who watch drama filled reality shows.

Lol, why are you bumping 6 month old threads all over the TUF section?

• Like 1

I think the formula is somewhere in the middle of drama and building story lines. I don't care about a fighter I know nothing about. Unless I have money on them lol.

I think the formula is somewhere in the middle of drama and building story lines. I don't care about a fighter I know nothing about. Unless I have money on them lol.

the story line should be only about the skills and abilities and the drama should only be about winning and losing fights and the way they done that

the story line should be only about the skills and abilities and the drama should only be about winning and losing fights and the way they done that

Not necessarily. I could connect better with a fighter if he or she went through the same struggles to get where there are. I only know that if they talk about it. Perhaps drama can be along the lines of the repercussions if they lose.

Lol, why are you bumping 6 month old threads all over the TUF section?

lol, you can call me the Undertaker for raising all the old threads.  This was an interesting topic though.

Agreed. They act like it's a new show every time like "This has never been done before" or "This is the most exciting season yet" but it's the same formula every single time. Lock a bunch of strangers up taking away all freedoms like they are prisoners then wait to see how long it takes for them to lose their minds and start some drama. The setting and rules may have changed a little for this one but it's essentially the same thing. 

No wonder the ratings are poor. There are already enough gimmicky, poorly scripted, deceptively edited, fake reality train wreck shows on television.

Nobody wants to watch that garbage. 

Haven't watched it since Uriah Hall and Kelvin were in it. Which season was that ??

TUF 17

Coaches were Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen.

This is an old post, but I agree 100%. It's why I got so bored with Bellator's Fight Master (I think that's what it was called).

It was just fight, after fight, and I knew nothing about any of the fighters, so I struggled to care who won, and who lost.

• Like 1