GOAT_Transient

Speak Your Mind Thread

8 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

I've smoked two packs of Canadian Wildfires this week. It's like we have an eclipse. 

JXsWU0s.jpg

my region made the news for having the worst air quality in all of canada as of the other day.  its probably still right up there too

theres fires all around and its so smokey you can hardly see across the street

its raining ash too. fooking gross out here

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

my region made the news for having the worst air quality in all of canada as of the other day.  its probably still right up there too

theres fires all around and its so smokey you can hardly see across the street

its raining ash too. fooking gross out here

Last week I was at a lake in MN and it was similar. It was basically foggy for two days. It's been unbearably hot and humid so it saves us from that a bit but the smoke is terrible for my allergies. 25 mph north winds this afternoon so the air quality is going to get worse here. 

15 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Last week I was at a lake in MN and it was similar. It was basically foggy for two days. It's been unbearably hot and humid so it saves us from that a bit but the smoke is terrible for my allergies. 25 mph north winds this afternoon so the air quality is going to get worse here. 

later on today. we're supposed to be having our first drop of rain this summer. im not counting on it  and it probably wont do fack all to put out the fires around us either. but this smoke is ridiculous.

its like this every year though. this province is basically just one big forest.

Edited by -idyb-

according to the weather network, our region just had the worst air quality index on planet earth :(

its not going to get any better for the next few days either supposedly

Edited by -idyb-

10 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Gotta be Trump's fault.

BC is a Liberal Utopia. 

This is all Obamas fault.

Trump gets blame for Alberta Covid cases on the rise

Trudeau gets credit for turning Canada from a great place to a woke place.

12 hours ago, MoZZez said:

BC is a Liberal Utopia. 

This is all Obamas fault.

Trump gets blame for Alberta Covid cases on the rise

Trudeau gets credit for turning Canada from a great place to a woke place.

i blame whoever started these fires. i really dont think that forest fires get woke and care about the proper use of gender pronouns.

Edited by -idyb-

3 hours ago, -idyb- said:

i blame whoever started these fires. i really dont think that forest fires get woke and care about the proper use of gender pronouns.

You mean like the woke idiots who protest pipelines because they may leak, then they go and vandalize them and make them leak?

Some if these fires were probably started by eco nuts to prove climate change is real. I wouldn't put it past the woke idiots if this province. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MoZZez said:

You mean like the woke idiots who protest pipelines because they may leak, then they go and vandalize them and make them leak?

Some if these fires were probably started by eco nuts to prove climate change is real. I wouldn't put it past the woke idiots if this province. 

those tree hugging idiots who were camped out on the train tracks to protest the pipelines deserved to be run over by the train

all the fires around here were caused by lightning though. mostly during dry thunderstorms

Edited by -idyb-

2 hours ago, -idyb- said:

those tree hugging idiots who were camped out on the train tracks to protest the pipelines deserved to be run over by the train

all the fires around here were caused by lightning though. mostly during dry thunderstorms

I've been here almost 3 years now. I haven't seen a thunderstorm yet. You hippies don't know what a thunderstorm is.

Just call your hippies a bunch or terrorist eco freaks and we can move on! We'll, not Lynton, but other places.

46 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

I've been here almost 3 years now. I haven't seen a thunderstorm yet. You hippies don't know what a thunderstorm is.

Just call your hippies a bunch or terrorist eco freaks and we can move on! We'll, not Lynton, but other places.

its lytton, not lynton.   well, it was lytton anyways.

youre probably on the coast or island if youve never seen a thunderstorm lol and even that would be strange cause they get alot of rain. but we get our fair share of thunderstorms. but most of the time in the summer its just dry lightning  because its too hot here and the rain evaporates before it even reaches the ground. we had the tiniest sprinkle of rain yesterday for a couple of minutes and thats all the rain weve had so far since june. people were hyping it up all week as if it was supposed to rain all day and help deal with some of the nearby forest fires,  yet by the end of it all there wasnt even enough rainfall to make a puddle.

looking at the forecast now theres supposedly a 30-40% chance of rain for every day and evening this week with 70% on friday, and a chance of thunderstorms today and tomorrow.   but theyve been selling wolf tickets for a month now.  the likelihood of this even happening is probably like 2%. i'd probably have a better chance of catching the china sniffles and dying than seeing even just some rain this week. we like never get any rain during the summer, so im pretty sure they are just bullchitting the online forecasts just to try to keep people staying home rather than to plan a trip out of town and spread their china sniffles around or something stupid like that.   the forecasts used to always be accurate, but ever since the kung flu came along theyve mysteriously became completely unreliable.  at least for here anyways.

Edited by -idyb-

still hasnt been even a drop of rain or any thunderstorms. more wolf tickets

Edited by -idyb-

well it was my birthday yesterday and i got smashed and now i get up early to watch some more olympics and i realise the olympics are over :(

i guess i kinda like weird sports though. every day i'd wake up and there would be like ping pong or horse dancing or some other odd sport on and i was staring to get into it. now im kinda gonna miss this chit. i guess its back to watching some sharks on nat geo wild lol

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

well it was my birthday yesterday and i got smashed and now i get up early to watch some more olympics and i realise the olympics are over :(

i guess i kinda like weird sports though. every day i'd wake up and there would be like ping pong or horse dancing or some other odd sport on and i was staring to get into it. now im kinda gonna miss this chit. i guess its back to watching some sharks on nat geo wild lol

I thought you were giving up on your Canucks for a minute!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, classicboxer said:

I thought you were giving up on your Canucks for a minute!

not the san jose sharks. i'm talking about the sharks that are an actual threat to those who oppose them.

• Like 1

Dead fora is dead.....but here are some interesting stats to emphasise just how weird this place is now.

In the last 24 hours, there have been a total of 57 posts by 12 different posters

7 of these were @-idyb- talking about politics.

13 were other people talking about politics

2 were about knives

26 were about what Zerkbot is listening to right now

5 were about other non-MMA activities (such as hockey, video games and Bitcoin)

4 were vaguely related to MMA, at least they were posted in the UFC section.

There were also 26 "reactions" to posts, of which 11 were Zerk's latest bot liking posts of his from August 2019.

Not sure even the resumption of the bi-weekly Sweden corona update can breath new life into things at this point.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Dead fora is dead.....but here are some interesting stats to emphasise just how weird this place is now.

In the last 24 hours, there have been a total of 57 posts by 12 different posters

2 were about knives

There were also 26 "reactions" to posts, of which 11 were Zerk's latest bot liking posts of his from August 2019.

Not sure even the resumption of the bi-weekly Sweden corona update can breath new life into things at this point.

The kinda spreadsheeting I live for 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

2 were about knives

Zerk also passed the legendary Fobar in reputation points, and he will also pass Sobercuban in a month or 2. 

12er  128,088

cashfl0w 105694

sobercuban 90,910

Bezerker 87,900

Fobar 86,534

freddievanhalen 80,310

•  

Edited by classicboxer
  • Thanks 1

2 were about knives

"emphasise" < Did Vert spell check this post or is that how it's spelled in the queen's English. :P

I'm only here now for the digital real estate chat with my fellow cryptonauts

Exciting Metaverse>>> Boring Fora

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, classicboxer said:

Zerk also passed the legendary Fobar in reputation points, and he will also pass Sobercuban in a month or 2. 

12er  128,088

cashfl0w 105694

sobercuban 90,910

Bezerker 87,900

Fobar 86,534

freddievanhalen 80,310

•  

He must be so proud, busting 4,000 likes a month....all on his own, it's a fascinating view into someone's mind really.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StompGrind said:

"emphasise" < Did Vert spell check this post or is that how it's spelled in the queen's English. :P

I'm only here now for the digital real estate chat with my fellow cryptonauts

Exciting Metaverse>>> Boring Fora

The queen does not resort to the coarse and vulgar use of the letter "z". We spell it criticise, emphasise, sympathise.

The rest of Europe spell it with a z if that's any consolation. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

The queen does not resort to the coarse and vulgar use of the letter "z". We spell it criticise, emphasise, sympathise.

The rest of Europe spell it with a z if that's any consolation. 

A lowly commoner exposes self here

By not speaking Iambic pentameter 

French royal like myself knows easily

1544749279_1_sm.jpg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bwana said:

He must be so proud, busting 4,000 likes a month....all on his own, it's a fascinating view into someone's mind really.

I have to admit that I would like to see Zerk pass 12er in the future!

4 hours ago, classicboxer said:

I have to admit that I would like to see Zerk pass 12er in the future!

he done it all on his own! with no help from everybody else.   thats a remarkable achievement if i do say so myself

• Like 1

@Broderick_Crawford is going hard as a motherfuсker lately

he's gave zerk 12,290 reacharounds so far. what a stand up guy. maybe one of these days he will decide to make his very first forum post.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

since june 7th, ive been the only other poster than zerk to win the day, and ive managed to do it twice.  thats gotta amount to something!

even the robots in russian troll farms need a day off i guess.

Edited by -idyb-

1 minute ago, juice64011 said:

This worth starting from the beginning?

I can't stand Kevin Costner, other than Dancing with Wolves and The Untouchables I think he's a conceited pr1ck....another Tom Cruise.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

This worth starting from the beginning?

no.  GSP is not in it.

28 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

no.  GSP is not in it.

That French foglet has never been in anything that is entertaining. Including his fights. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, juice64011 said:

That French foglet has never been in anything that is entertaining. Including his fights. 

piss off troll. i know you only watched falcon and the winter soldier just to see batroc

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bwana said:

I can't stand Kevin Costner, other than Dancing with Wolves and The Untouchables I think he's a conceited pr1ck....another Tom Cruise.

Agree with the sentiment, but would like to add Field of Dreams to the list please. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Agree with the sentiment, but would like to add Field of Dreams to the list please. 

And Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Tin Cup, Mr Brooks, and Wyatt Earp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

And Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Tin Cup, Mr Brooks, and Wyatt Earp

I'm only willing to grant the first two I'm afraid. 

Haven't seen Mr Brooks, and Wyatt Earp was a poor man's Tombstone. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I'm only willing to grant the first two I'm afraid. 

Haven't seen Mr Brooks, and Wyatt Earp was a poor man's Tombstone. 

Lol, I almost put a disclaimer that although Tombstone was better, Earp was still good. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Lol, I almost put a disclaimer that although Tombstone was better, Earp was still good. 

Just as long as you don't try and sneak waterworld in there we're cool

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Bwana said:

Added to the "Rustled by 2 Postmans or less" list

The Postman 1997 | Download movie

Edited by POTUF
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2