GOAT_Transient

Speak Your Mind Thread

There is literally a show titled I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant, and it's on season f'in four.

America, we've got to do better. 

jesus

• Like 4

Congratulations on becoming a father, it's one of the greatest accomplishments a man can achieve

It really is. All the clichés were right. My daughter is 3-4 months now. I'm just now getting used to this new life.

Thank you all, I guess I've some catching up to do here

• Like 6

It really is. All the clichés were right. My daughter is 3-4 months now. I'm just now getting used to this new life.

Yeah you've missed a lot. I'm a moderator now.

Disregard that the title doesn't show below my AV. I'm a full fledged MOD now

• Like 5

It really is. All the clichés were right. My daughter is 3-4 months now. I'm just now getting used to this new life.

congratulations, mate
  • Like 5

Enjoy it, they grow up so fast man

• Like 4

Yeah you've missed a lot. I'm a moderator now.

Disregard that the title doesn't show below my AV. I'm a full fledged MOD now

You were always a mod in my heart

• Like 4

You were always a mod in my heart

Oh man...that really hits home. Here come the tears...

• Like 3

Hell of a start to the national championship

Good game so far

forgot that was on and turns out it was an awesome game. Hope I can catch the replay tonight Edited by crangs
  • Like 3

Just pulled out the whetstone and sharpened a Japanese chefs knife and a couple of antique table knives. Feeling quite zen now

• Like 3

Just pulled out the whetstone and sharpened a Japanese chefs knife and a couple of antique table knives. Feeling quite zen now

my knife game is weak AF. I need a good set but cba spending the money needed. My el cheapo knife that needs sharpening basically every time I use it just ain't up to the job, lol Edited by crangs
  • Like 4

you knife game is weak AF. I need a good set but cba spending the money needed. My el cheapo knife that needs sharpening basically every time I use it just ain't up to the job, lol

These were for clients, I have a couple of very high quality whetstones at home and I was making coin, but my own stuff is primo, chefs quality, cut like lasers

• Like 4

These were for clients, I have a couple of very high quality whetstones at home and I was making coin, but my own stuff is primo, chefs quality, cut like lasers

just read my post. **** knows why it said you and not my. Made me look like a Richard, lol. My good knives got left in Sydney with my cousin. Didn't fancy travelling with those and getting put on all sorts of watch lists :lol:
  • Like 4

Can't sleep. 

whenever I cant sleep I always put a documentary on, you'll either learn something or it will bore you enough to put you to sleep.

• Like 5

whenever I cant sleep I always put a documentary on, you'll either learn something or it will bore you enough to put you to sleep.

Folding laundry helps too lol. 

• Like 3

I usually put on something I really want to watch.  I'll fall asleep in no time.  Goes back to me days of trying to stay awake to watch the wrestling as a kid.  Always fell asleep in the either the ad before or first ad of.  Always rustled when my parents woke me up after it had finished, lol

• Like 3

I watch documentaries all of the time too. Usually I end up learning more than sleeping.
  • Like 4

It was a great game

I watched a 10 minute highlight reel during lunch. Definitely catch that chit in HD tonight
  • Like 2

Also posted in the car thread:

Has anyone ever had the value of their car appraised to get appropriate coverage from their car insurance? 

My mustang is worth like $1700 according to KBB but I know for a fact I could sell it for nearly $8000 (Because it's a clean coupe) here locally.  

• Like 3

I live by that rule. I also applied something similar to movies that I felt I should see but didn't really wanted (you know?): I'd watch them without portuguese subtitles, so in case I didn't end up liking it, I'd at least improve my english

• Like 5

Damn man, Amazon emailed today with their January placement update and said it's becoming more likely I'll start between April-August.

It's weird she said August because in my offer letter it states "unless mutually agreed upon in writing, you will commence employment on June 5, 2017 (Start Date)."...so I find it weird they would delay me two more months after the date that they initially gave me.

I emailed her back and asked her about that. No ****ing way am I waiting seven more months to start. That's ridiculous, Told them I still would like to start ASAP, but don't know why I would start any later than June. It would be ridiculous to wait even to June right now, I don't see how they can't get me on in April.

**** even waiting til April would make it six fooking months in total I have waited! On the other hand, it still is slightly possible I could start earlier than April too. Possibly in March...she did just say "it's looking more likely"...so optimism says there's a small chance I could start earlier than later.

but **** man. My sibling loaned me some money, I didn't even ask, but it'll cover my bills through February and early March. With a hopefully good tax return, I could cover the rest of my bills for March too, but doubt I could cover any in April as of now, so an April start date would be pretty fooking helpful

• Like 1

Sounds like they're mucking you around a bit mate, but it'll be worth the wait. Hang in there!

time to work your magic, mate. You fire Nyte, he gets an even baller job at Amazon, forum gets prime for life. I see no holes in this plan at all
  • Like 5

Damn man, Amazon emailed today with their January placement update and said it's becoming more likely I'll start between April-August.

It's weird she said August because in my offer letter it states "unless mutually agreed upon in writing, you will commence employment on June 5, 2017 (Start Date)."...so I find it weird they would delay me two more months after the date that they initially gave me.

I emailed her back and asked her about that. No **** way am I waiting seven more months to start. That's ridiculous, Told them I still would like to start ASAP, but don't know why I would start any later than June. It would be ridiculous to wait even to June right now, I don't see how they can't get me on in April.

**** even waiting til April would make it six fooking months in total I have waited! On the other hand, it still is slightly possible I could start earlier than April too. Possibly in March...she did just say "it's looking more likely"...so optimism says there's a small chance I could start earlier than later.

but **** man. My sibling loaned me some money, I didn't even ask, but it'll cover my bills through February and early March. With a hopefully good tax return, I could cover the rest of my bills for March too, but doubt I could cover any in April as of now, so an April start date would be pretty fooking helpful

that sucks balls though.
  • Like 3

Yeah it's really frustrating. They said "we know it can be a difficult wait"...yeah no ****. I accepted the position in October now they're saying I could start at August at the latest? That's a 10-month delay..that's ridiculous.

April start needs to fooking happen or I'm throwing hands upon arrival

• Like 2

Here's a quote from their message regarding placement:

[determination of placement include] your state preferences, your start date, how quickly it took you to accept your offer and our business need. The earliest available start date that you give us in your acceptance survey is the date we will reference, but it is not a guaranteed start date.

1. State preference- put SoCal as #1 and NorCal as #2, but honestly relocate me, I don't care. Not a problem

2. Start Date- put fooking ASAP

3. Accepted it same day, within three hours

4. Business Need- you need Nyte. And you need him now.

#4 should be the reason they get me in ASAP. I'm gonna change the game. The Time is Now. Finna have my own press conference. Open to the public. Q&A session to take place one hour prior to my conference. Of a person of your choice.

Edited by Nyte
  • Like 3

I've been listening to Patrice O'neal a lot lately and i've come to the conclusion my views on women are kind of the same and i don't want to have that attitude but he's right on a lot of stuff. I've come to many similar conclusions from experiences I've had. Some of that realization kinda makes me feel like a POS in some ways. Lol and it's not like i'm dating all ratchets either. I've dated all kinds of women and i understand them fairly well. 

I'm not nearly as bad as Patrice was although i'm just as honest and won't comprise my principles or be held on lock down by anyone. I couldn't feel good about myself putting on an act like so many, many people do just to be with someone so i will always speak my mind regardless even if it isn't always the best thing to say at times. The Chappelle show term "When keeping it real goes wrong" comes to mind in a lot of relationships I've had lol but the thing is i just cannot be fake and i also know my own value plus i have enough respect for myself not to give 100 percent of myself so freely to someone i can tell wants my devour my soul, my wallet and a bag of chips when i know they won't do the same because and if i cave and allow that kind of nonsense they won't respect a pushover not to mention it kills the attraction they have for you because you aren't being a man. 

I'm also just as much of a perv as Patrice but i'm much more covert about it than he was. I'm no where near as brutal pimp hand trying to do the whole disrespect eggshells control power struggle thing but i don't put up with feminist BS or entitled victim mentality or enabling diva princesses. I'm definitely not verbally abusive about it any of that or have anywhere near the disdain for women like he seemed to be. 

Meh I've got a few lady friends that are cool and i still date occasionally but i just can't seem to meet the right one that will keep it real and not play games where i'd even be remotely interested in sticking around for something more serious. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 2

Yes it can be used for housing and transportation

Really?

I've been wanting to go back to school and at least finish an associates degree.  Wasn't sure how my wife and I would manage living expenses with just her income, or her income plus me having a part time job.  I don't think I'm equipped to work full time AND go to school full time.

• Like 2

Really?

I've been wanting to go back to school and at least finish an associates degree. Wasn't sure how my wife and I would manage living expenses with just her income, or her income plus me having a part time job. I don't think I'm equipped to work full time AND go to school full time.

I worked and went to school online full-time for a year. It was miserable.

https://loans.org/student/questions/can-college-funding-used-housing

• Like 3