GOAT_Transient

Speak Your Mind Thread

I really wish that this fat **** would get his **** together

Game of Thrones creator George R.R. Martin’s long-delayed sixth novel could finally be published in 2017, he has revealed.

Martin offered a small update on The Winds of Winter, the sixth novel in the A Song of Ice and Fire series (ASOIAF) which serves as the source material for HBO’s hit fantasy series, on his LiveJournal blog Tuesday.

“Not done yet, but I've made progress,” the author responded to a fan’s request for an update. “But not as much as I hoped a year ago, when I thought to be done by now.”

He added: “I think it will be out this year. (But hey, I thought the same thing last year).”

• Like 6

Game of Thrones creator George R.R. Martin’s long-delayed sixth novel could finally be published in 2017, he has revealed.

Martin offered a small update on The Winds of Winter, the sixth novel in the A Song of Ice and Fire series (ASOIAF) which serves as the source material for HBO’s hit fantasy series, on his LiveJournal blog Tuesday.

“Not done yet, but I've made progress,” the author responded to a fan’s request for an update. “But not as much as I hoped a year ago, when I thought to be done by now.”

He added: “I think it will be out this year. (But hey, I thought the same thing last year).”

i read the first tow and a half books.  they put the shows to shame/

• Like 1

lol, p4p troll king for years upon years
  • Like 3

Accidentally stumbled into the TAN for the first time in nearly a year. Imma have to plant a whole lotta trees...

• Like 3

So I have a knack for IT.  I can do the programming side of things (after some refresher courses) but I'd rather do something on the Networking side.  

My local community college has a 2 year program and I can get some technical certifications.  But am I wasting my time only getting a 2 year degree? Do I really need to go for a bachelors? I'm not looking to get rich, I just want to be able to actually be considered for jobs that I would enjoy doing and would be able to use my talents.  

• Like 4

So I have a knack for IT.  I can do the programming side of things (after some refresher courses) but I'd rather do something on the Networking side.  

My local community college has a 2 year program and I can get some technical certifications.  But am I wasting my time only getting a 2 year degree? Do I really need to go for a bachelors? I'm not looking to get rich, I just want to be able to actually be considered for jobs that I would enjoy doing and would be able to use my talents.

It's not a waste

Any schooling is better than none in the world of employment

• Like 4

I'm actually on Team **** HBO. I'd rather let the writer do his thing at his timing before starting a TV series anyway. Good writers do ****ty jobs under pressure.

Also, imagine how ****ing hard it is to fill all the gaps* in GoT? I reckon the fat ****'s house must be looking like this

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 3

I had a SELF loan through the state of MN and Stafford loans that are federal. You may want to check if your state has a student loan program. If so the interest rates are normally lower. My SELF loan was like 2% interest. My federal loans are 3.8%-6%.

• Like 3

I'm set to start repaying my student loans next month. Didn't anticipate my new position with Amazon not starting yet, so I went on the Nelnet website last night and submitted a forbearance request.

If that gets denied, I'm gonna request them to lower the monthly payment. Apparently you could get the payments to as low as $25/month..and I'm sure that's just for a very limited amount of time. For the time being, I would need that until April or May.

Sucks balls. And I have $35,000 in loans to repay back. Which apparently isn't that much to some people. Thankfully my gross income from Amazon will be way higher than that, so I shouldn't have any problem with the payments...eventually.

Edited by Nyte
  • Like 3

I'm set to start repaying my student loans next month. Didn't anticipate my new position with Amazon not starting yet, so I went on the Nelnet website last night and submitted a forbearance request.

If that gets denied, I'm gonna request them to lower the monthly payment. Apparently you could get the payments to as low as $25/month..and I'm sure that's just for a very limited amount of time. For the time being, I would need that until April or May.

Sucks balls. And I have $35,000 in loans to repay back. Which apparently isn't that much to some people. Thankfully my gross income from Amazon will be way higher than that, so I shouldn't have any problem with the payments...eventually.

Were you also using student loans to cover living expenses, or was that not an issue?

• Like 1

If it's federal then they are very lenient so a forbearance in that circumstance shouldn't be an issue.
  • Like 2

Were you also using student loans to cover living expenses, or was that not an issue?

Yes and no. Each of my five years were different.

My first year I needed it to cover the expenses in the dorms...of the three quarters, there was a remaining balance of around $120-$150 which my brother covered and helped me with books also.

Second year- my grants covered tuition and housing costs! I didn't need to take out a loan. And I got a nice $250 refund each quarter. That was when I was receiving a pell grant and UCR (my uni) grant..I did have my job with the university at this point, too and was able to cover costs of books, supplies, and food, etc...I did take out a small $500 loan at the end of that year to have some extra money for when I went up to NorCal for my sisters graduation weekend

3rd year- Stopped receiving the pell grant and only got the UCR Grant. I had to take out another loan to cover housing costs, but I only took out a $3,500 loan for the year.  At this point I only owed around $7,500-$8500...things were looking great! My goal was to stay under $20,000...

4th/5th year- I had to take out maximum amount of loans because I was receiving less money in grants. Basically took out $12,500 for both years. So $25,000 last two years because my grants only covered tuition costs, but not living. Last two years is what really screwed me over.

Only reason I started receivign less aid was because my Dad starting claiming his pension and another income (can't think of what it was), so it bolstered my parent's overall gross income and gave me less aid...

If it's federal then they are very lenient so a forbearance in that circumstance shouldn't be an issue.

That's good to hear. My sister told me from her friend's experience, who went through a similar situation I'm going through right now, that they are very lenient with payback options and are flexible, so really hoping they approve it.

Edited by Nyte
  • Like 2

yeah unfortunately lol, as of 25 mins ago

Noice. Happy birthday man. I hope your wife blows....your phone up! aaaaaye.

Have a good one.

• Like 6

Noice. Happy birthday man. I hope your wife blows....your phone up! aaaaaye.

Have a good one.

She's asleep on the couch next to me, I should just slip it in.

• Like 5

Prey for England, we have snow.

Snow? Snow?! SNOW?!

It's a blistering 53 degrees here in CLOUDY California with OMINOUS signs of RAIN.. I have to wear a sweater ffs

And you're complaining about a little snow :lol:

• Like 2

Prey for England, we have snow.

Lol.  Less than one inch in my neck of the woods and it took the missus 45 minutes instead of 15 to get home from work.

• Like 5

So Brian, what did you do for your birthday? 

I sat around and watch 5 hours of elders/youtubers/kids react videos. 

• Like 7

Lol.  Less than one inch in my neck of the woods and it took the missus 45 minutes instead of 15 to get home from work.

damn, i feel your pain man

• Like 3

Lol Fobar branching into weather reporting, dedicated paperboying right there!

Heathrow suspended some flights in anticipation  :lol:

• Like 2

Somehow my wife managed to get the oil changed and the tires rotated AND balanced for $37 after tax.

Did she show her boobs because that's about a $130 bill here.
  • Like 7

Did she show her boobs because that's about a $130 bill here.

Not that I know of, lol. 

The guy let her use two coupons.  One that dropped the price to $50 something and then another that was "take $20 off purchase of $50 or more".

They will definitely be getting our business in the future.  I haven't driven the car yet but it really needed to have the wheels rebalanced so I'm hoping it made a difference. 

Edit: had I known it was going to be that cheap I would have had her get a 4 wheel alignment as well.  

• Like 4

Not that I know of, lol.

The guy let her use two coupons. One that dropped the price to $50 something and then another that was "take $20 off purchase of $50 or more".

They will definitely be getting our business in the future. I haven't driven the car yet but it really needed to have the wheels rebalanced so I'm hoping it made a difference.

Edit: had I known it was going to be that cheap I would have had her get a 4 wheel alignment as well.

Yeah, that's a steal. I usually go to my dad's shop to change my oil. When I was home the shop was full so I took it to a valvoline instant oil place yesterday. $46 for an oil change. It costs me about $20 to do it myself.
  • Like 4

Yeah, that's a steal. I usually go to my dad's shop to change my oil. When I was home the shop was full so I took it to a valvoline instant oil place yesterday. $46 for an oil change. It costs me about $20 to do it myself.

I wish I had a paved driveway.  I'm too paranoid about jacking my car up on gravel.  

• Like 3

So Brian, what did you do for your birthday? 

I sat around and watch 5 hours of elders/youtubers/kids react videos.

I like watching those too. That sounds exactly like something i'd do for my birthday. 

Happy Birf day man. Have a good one. 

• Like 5

I wish I had a paved driveway. I'm too paranoid about jacking my car up on gravel.

I don't blame you. We used to do that all of the time when I was young, it's really not a smart thing to do.
  • Like 3

I like watching those too. That sounds exactly like something i'd do for my birthday. 

Happy Birf day man. Have a good one. 

Gracias!  Going to purchase some exercise equipment later

I don't blame you. We used to do that all of the time when I was young, it's really not a smart thing to do.

Yeah I did it in my teens, never again.  

Made a super soft birthday party for my son's 16th birthday today..lol

Sober ..the pic..lol..?

done :)

Lol I saw this video years ago

Lol it was brand new for me, I don't know how I've missed it all of these years.

• Like 7

Gracias! Going to purchase some exercise equipment later

Yeah I did it in my teens, never again.

done :)

Lol it was brand new for me, I don't know how I've missed it all of these years.

Tell your wife is saw you first and will always love you. . Lol

• Like 8