Speak Your Mind Thread

GOAT_Transient

Speaking of drugs:

I've been on suboxone for 3.5 years.  I started out at a relatively high dose of 16mg and over the next two years or so tapered (with doctor's approval) to 4mg.  It was at that point the doctor became reluctant to allow me to continue tapering, despite me saying that this isn't something I want to be on forever.  

So I began tapering myself from 4mg down to 2mg.  Now I can't just quit when my daily dose is 2mg because I'll go in to massive withdrawals that will take months to recover from.  I'm trying to build up the courage to do a 5 week taper plan.  I don't foresee myself getting a full time job in the next 2-3 months so what better time than now? 

I have 36 8-mg films which is a 144 day supply at my current dose that I've stockpile because I've been tapering on my own.  I just don't know how to approach it with my doctor, I know she isn't going to sign off on it as the medical community has a dim view recovery possibilities for opiate addicted patients.  

Honestly I should have never started taking it.  I should have just bought a months worth of oxy and tapered myself down.  In the scale of opiate addiction I was like a 4/10, maybe less.  The 16mg of suboxone was vastly more powerful than the amount of pills I was snorting a day.  So I'm very badly addicted to it now compared to the mild addiction I had before I quit.  

• Like 5

Let me know man

I was actually gonna hit you guys up because I was supposed to come down to VB tomorrow to help my brother move all of his **** into storage but I had to cancel because my sciatic has been ****ing with me for a few weeks now. We all need to meet up and smash some shrooms LoL How far are you from VB again? 2 hours?

yeah 2-3 hours, not bad at all

I'm not sure when she's going to ask him about it though.  I don't mind road-tripping to where you are either honestly.

• Like 4

Speaking of drugs:

I've been on suboxone for 3.5 years.  I started out at a relatively high dose of 16mg and over the next two years or so tapered (with doctor's approval) to 4mg.  It was at that point the doctor became reluctant to allow me to continue tapering, despite me saying that this isn't something I want to be on forever.  

So I began tapering myself from 4mg down to 2mg.  Now I can't just quit when my daily dose is 2mg because I'll go in to massive withdrawals that will take months to recover from.  I'm trying to build up the courage to do a 5 week taper plan.  I don't foresee myself getting a full time job in the next 2-3 months so what better time than now? 

I have 36 8-mg films which is a 144 day supply at my current dose that I've stockpile because I've been tapering on my own.  I just don't know how to approach it with my doctor, I know she isn't going to sign off on it as the medical community has a dim view recovery possibilities for opiate addicted patients.  

Honestly I should have never started taking it.  I should have just bought a months worth of oxy and tapered myself down.  In the scale of opiate addiction I was like a 4/10, maybe less.  The 16mg of suboxone was vastly more powerful than the amount of pills I was snorting a day.  So I'm very badly addicted to it now compared to the mild addiction I had before I quit.  

That's rough dude. Honestly you should do what you think is best imo

• Like 3

That's rough dude. Honestly you should do what you think is best imo

I just feel like it would solve a lot of current problems and potential problems.  Once off of it my T-level should start to return to normal on it's own.  I would be able to be treated normally at an ER.  Suboxone blocks other opiates so if I were really to hurt myself or something morphine or dilaudid wouldn't do a goddamn thing.  

I think the suboxone really kills my libido too, even though my testosterone is int the 600-700 range currently.  

Word, we'll figure something out

My buddy that I reconnected with might know a hook up, I'll have to find out next week. 

Jesus Christ!

yeah think about it! I was on EIGHT TIMES that amount.  400mg of oxy??? probably not that high because suboxone has a ceiling effect

At my worst I might have gone through 40-50 of oxymorphone a day (Opana) which is about 120-150mg of oxycodone.  

• Like 4

**** yes!! My forbearance request I submitted for my student loans got approved.

They delayed my first payment until June 3rd. Was originally supposed to begin making payments the 4th of February.

Ahh, this makes me so happy. Now I reaaallly fooking hope I can start my Amazon position by then. The lady did respond to my email and told me I would "most likely start in early spring." I'm guessing late March-early May then.

Edited by Nyte
  • Like 7

**** yes!! My forbearance request I submitted for my student loans got approved.

They delayed my first payment until June 3rd. Was originally supposed to begin making payments the 4th of February.

Ahh, this makes me so happy. Now I reaaallly fooking hope I can start my Amazon position by then. The lady did respond to my email and told me I would "most likely start in early spring." I'm guessing late March-early May then.

nice one, m8. Hopefully you get something to keep you busy while amazon continue to troll you
  • Like 4

Alright so the wife and I have decided I will be going back to school, starting this summer.  

But what I can't decide on is if I'm going to pursue a bachelors or an associates degree.

If I go the associates route my plan is to get one in Network Management + certifications like CCNA, etc.  If I go the 4 year route I will be earning an Associates degree in Engineering that I will transfer over to a 4 year school and then complete my bachelors degree in Computer Science (or whatever I need to be taking).  

I know you CAN get IT jobs with an associates degree + certifications but when I look online the jobs at the big tech companies are all looking for bachelors + certs + experience.  My biggest fear is that I'll get an associates degree that will be worthless to my career goals.  If I just do the Network Management associates it WON'T transfer to a 4 year university.  

Not sure what to do.  I really want to be able to get a job making good money and starting a family 12-18 months later.  I just can't live with this dead-in-the-water trajectory my professional career has been any more.  I can get a 4-year cranked out by the time I'm 39, the wife will be 29, I want her to get her 4 year degree as well.  So that could push her out to 33 if she waits to restart her degree until I'm done with school.  

Or can we BOTH go to school?  Is it possible for a married couple to live off student loans and part-time jobs for 4 years????

• Like 6

Alright so the wife and I have decided I will be going back to school, starting this summer.  

But what I can't decide on is if I'm going to pursue a bachelors or an associates degree.

If I go the associates route my plan is to get one in Network Management + certifications like CCNA, etc.  If I go the 4 year route I will be earning an Associates degree in Engineering that I will transfer over to a 4 year school and then complete my bachelors degree in Computer Science (or whatever I need to be taking).  

I know you CAN get IT jobs with an associates degree + certifications but when I look online the jobs at the big tech companies are all looking for bachelors + certs + experience.  My biggest fear is that I'll get an associates degree that will be worthless to my career goals.  If I just do the Network Management associates it WON'T transfer to a 4 year university.  

Not sure what to do.  I really want to be able to get a job making good money and starting a family 12-18 months later.  I just can't live with this dead-in-the-water trajectory my professional career has been any more.  I can get a 4-year cranked out by the time I'm 39, the wife will be 29, I want her to get her 4 year degree as well.  So that could push her out to 33 if she waits to restart her degree until I'm done with school.  

Or can we BOTH go to school?  Is it possible for a married couple to live off student loans and part-time jobs for 4 years????

Good for you guys!

Yeah it's definitely possible, it will be REALLY tight though. You just have to manage your money down to the penny and make some sacrifices at times. You will have almost no money for extracurricular activities, It would all be worth it in the end though

• Like 4

nice one, m8. Hopefully you get something to keep you busy while amazon continue to troll you

Yeah it's called a loan lol. I'm gonna ask my parent's or a sibling to co-sign with me so I can take out a personal loan from my bank to cover rent/bills/food until early June, which I'm guessing would be the latest I would start Amazon.

I'm seriously done trying to find a part-time job. It took me a year to secure a long-term job (Amazon obivously), but during that time period, as you guys know since I posted here a lot, all those interviews plus waiting for responses takes a toll.

And I'm not about to go get a chitty $10-$13/hr job just so I can barely make payments on bills. I'm done with all that. I've already done the math and took into consideration what my income will be when I start there (given they fook me hard on taxes), and taking out a $4,000-$5,000 loan would be very doable and wouldn't even be a problem at all. And it would ease my stress.

Nice dude, I say go the 4-year route. My five years in college went by quick. Soon enough you'll be done should you decide to pursue your bachelors.

I would strongly advise you submit a FAFSA application and see if you could get some financial aid. Depending on how much you wife makes, since you don't work right now there's a chance the school you attend gives you some aid. If it helps, my parent's grossed somewhere around $60-$70K in 2015. That's what I listed on my FAFSA and honestly that's all from my dad..my mom didn't work at all last year

My university still gave me $11,000 for the 2015/16 school year. So if your wife makes around that much too, you could expect to get some aid.

Definitely go the Stafford loan route since those are subsidized. You can get more from unsubsidized loans and sounds like you'll probably take both out. It'll give you some extra money in the pocket for sure. I think you can do it. I mean, I don't know you finances or anything, but **** if I was able to do it for five years while working a $11/hr, 18hr/wk graveyard job, you should be able to do it.

Cagerattler makes a lot of Trump threads

Hes obsessed

Edited by Nyte
  • Like 3

Nice dude, I say go the 4-year route. My five years in college went by quick. Soon enough you'll be done should you decide to pursue your bachelors.

I would strongly advise you submit a FAFSA application and see if you could get some financial aid. Depending on how much you wife makes, since you don't work right now there's a chance the school you attend gives you some aid. If it helps, my parent's grossed somewhere around $60-$70K in 2015. That's what I listed on my FAFSA and honestly that's all from my dad..my mom didn't work at all last year

My university still gave me $11,000 for the 2015/16 school year. So if your wife makes around that much too, you could expect to get some aid.

Definitely go the Stafford loan route since those are subsidized. You can get more from unsubsidized loans and sounds like you'll probably take both out. It'll give you some extra money in the pocket for sure. I think you can do it. I mean, I don't know you finances or anything, but **** if I was able to do it for five years while working a graveyard job, you should be able to do it.

I didn't even consider the financial aid side of things, in my head I was going to have to do everything through student loans.  I'd really really like to get my Associates from the local technical college and do their college transfer program to NC State and finish out my bachelors there.

My only makes in the low $40000s but you can get away with only making that amount where we live.  We live within our means.  Hopefully that would mean I could get a good chunk of cash through the Fafsa.

If you don't mind my asking, how much student loan debt did you take out?  How much was just for living expenses? 

• Like 2

I didn't even consider the financial aid side of things, in my head I was going to have to do everything through student loans.  I'd really really like to get my Associates from the local technical college and do their college transfer program to NC State and finish out my bachelors there.

My only makes in the low $40000s but you can get away with only making that amount where we live.  We live within our means.  Hopefully that would mean I could get a good chunk of cash through the Fafsa.

If you don't mind my asking, how much student loan debt did you take out?  How much was just for living expenses? 

**** I explained this in a post earlier this week, hold on let me bump it.

• Like 3

Yes and no. Each of my five years were different.

My first year I needed it to cover the expenses in the dorms...of the three quarters, there was a remaining balance of around $120-$150 which my brother covered and helped me with books also.

Second year- my grants covered tuition and housing costs! I didn't need to take out a loan. And I got a nice $250 refund each quarter. That was when I was receiving a pell grant and UCR (my uni) grant..I did have my job with the university at this point, too and was able to cover costs of books, supplies, and food, etc...I did take out a small $500 loan at the end of that year to have some extra money for when I went up to NorCal for my sisters graduation weekend

3rd year- Stopped receiving the pell grant and only got the UCR Grant. I had to take out another loan to cover housing costs, but I only took out a $3,500 loan for the year.  At this point I only owed around $7,500-$8500...things were looking great! My goal was to stay under $20,000...

4th/5th year- I had to take out maximum amount of loans because I was receiving less money in grants. Basically took out $12,500 for both years. So $25,000 last two years because my grants only covered tuition costs, but not living. Last two years is what really screwed me over.

Only reason I started receivign less aid was because my Dad starting claiming his pension and another income (can't think of what it was), so it bolstered my parent's overall gross income and gave me less aid...

That's good to hear. My sister told me from her friend's experience, who went through a similar situation I'm going through right now, that they are very lenient with payback options and are flexible, so really hoping they approve it.

• Like 3

**** I explained this in a post earlier this week, hold on let me bump it.

Yes and no. Each of my five years were different.

My first year I needed it to cover the expenses in the dorms...of the three quarters, there was a remaining balance of around $120-$150 which my brother covered and helped me with books also.

Second year- my grants covered tuition and housing costs! I didn't need to take out a loan. And I got a nice $250 refund each quarter. That was when I was receiving a pell grant and UCR (my uni) grant..I did have my job with the university at this point, too and was able to cover costs of books, supplies, and food, etc...I did take out a small $500 loan at the end of that year to have some extra money for when I went up to NorCal for my sisters graduation weekend

3rd year- Stopped receiving the pell grant and only got the UCR Grant. I had to take out another loan to cover housing costs, but I only took out a $3,500 loan for the year.  At this point I only owed around $7,500-$8500...things were looking great! My goal was to stay under $20,000...

4th/5th year- I had to take out maximum amount of loans because I was receiving less money in grants. Basically took out $12,500 for both years. So $25,000 last two years because my grants only covered tuition costs, but not living. Last two years is what really screwed me over.

Only reason I started receivign less aid was because my Dad starting claiming his pension and another income (can't think of what it was), so it bolstered my parent's overall gross income and gave me less aid...

That's good to hear. My sister told me from her friend's experience, who went through a similar situation I'm going through right now, that they are very lenient with payback options and are flexible, so really hoping they approve it.

ah that's right, I did read this

• Like 2

I owe $35,000 right now. I only had $9,000 of debt going into my fourth year, but because my dad starting getting a couple more forms of income and grossed closer to $70k/yr, they gave me $11,000 for the 2014/15 and 2015/16 school years which barely covered tuition costs each quarter.

I took out $12,500 my last two years and honestly I didn't need to take out that much but I wanted extra money in my pocket AND mostly because my student job wasn't enough to cover bills/rent. I was only working 18 hours and week and earning like $11.50 an hour.

I also took out more money cause i gambled on myself getting a good paying job...for a while I thought it was a mistake, but was able to secure Amazon and will gross pretty much twice of my student debt that I owe right now in the first year I work there

Edited by Nyte
  • Like 3

Man the math of all this is awful.  

Say we both go back to school and only earn a combined $20000 a year, we would be eligible for insurance subsides that would drop our combined insurance cost PER YEAR to $800.  That's right $800 not $8000 compare to the $9300 we currently pay per year.  

Ugh I need to sit down with someone and go over everything.  

• Like 4

I smoked that weed. It's not bad.

But I also noticed I suck bawls at playing guitar when I'm high lol. I had a backing track going and I swear to god it was like everything played 2x slower. Which made me play the guitar slower, but more melodic though.

Then I went and watched some Parks and Recreation with my sister, who is also high, and laughed my **** off. That show is hilarious. There was a part with Ron Swanson which literally had me in tears lmao

Edited by Nyte
  • Like 4

Associates then transfer is the way to go 

I got into my school and program of choice no problem 

• Like 3