Pigs-On-The-Wing

SN43's Movie Discussion Thread!

5 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

He's probably the most overrated director of all time lol. So it doesn't surprise me. 

The hateful 8 was one of the most drawn out films I've ever seen. 

Hmm, and I think hateful 8 was vastly more entertaining than Once upon a time in Hollywood

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Hmm, and I think hateful 8 was vastly more entertaining than Once upon a time in Hollywood

Lmao, think I'll pass on even giving it a go then tbh. 

6 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

He's probably the most overrated director of all time lol. So it doesn't surprise me. 

The hateful 8 was one of the most drawn out films I've ever seen. 

Hawtest of garbages. He's become prequel George. Too respected for his past work for anybody to tell him when his work is chit. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TUF said:

Hawtest of garbages. He's become prequel George. Too respected for his past work for anybody to tell him when his work is chit. 

Lol I completely agree mate. He's still getting top actors because of his name, but needs to just pack it in now honestly. 

• Like 1

Dave Chappelle on abortion though...lol

Gentlemen, that is fair. And ladies, to be fair to us, I also believe that if you decide to have the baby, a man should not have to pay. That’s fair. If you can kill this motherf---er, I can at least abandon them. It’s my money, my choice. And if I’m wrong, then perhaps we’re wrong. Think that **** out for yourselves. 

LMAO!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Reveal hidden contents

Gentlemen, that is fair. And ladies, to be fair to us, I also believe that if you decide to have the baby, a man should not have to pay. That’s fair. If you can kill this motherf---er, I can at least abandon them. It’s my money, my choice. And if I’m wrong, then perhaps we’re wrong. Think that **** out for yourselves. 

LMAO!

I myself am at that age where I don't like babies, teenagers, cats, or volkswagons, so I can somewhat relate -

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

I myself am at that age where I don't like babies, teenagers, cats, or volkswagons, so I can somewhat relate -

Same. There was a time a few yrs ago where i really wanted to finally settle down & start a fam of my own but that kinda passed now & it would absolutely have to be with the right person. If it happens it happens & i know i'll be a great father but i actually prefer not to bring a kid into this world. I still love my freedom too much & don't really want that responsibility. I'm cool with a woman that already has kids but i would prefer if she didn't or they're already raised.  

One of my biggest fears is making a baby & being trapped with the wrong kinda person then she splits & splits me in half. Dat chit would kill me so condoms for casuals, for someone more steady knowing her cycle, Plan B & + pull out game is as strong as it ever was lol. I should just get a vasectomy but i'm kinda irrational when it comes to going under the knife but especially in that region. If something goes wrong that's the last place i want it to go wrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StompGrind said:

Same. There was a time a few yrs ago where i really wanted to finally settle down & start a fam of my own but that kinda passed now & it would absolutely have to be with the right person. If it happens it happens & i know i'll be a great father but i actually prefer not to bring a kid into this world. I still love my freedom too much & don't really want that responsibility. I'm cool with a woman that already has kids but i would prefer if she didn't or they're already raised.  

One of my biggest fears is making a baby & being trapped with the wrong kinda person then she splits & splits me in half. Dat chit would kill me so condoms for casuals, for someone more steady knowing her cycle, Plan B & + pull out game is as strong as it ever was lol. I should just get a vasectomy but i'm kinda irrational when it comes to going under the knife but especially in that region. If something goes wrong that's the last place i want it to go wrong. 

unnecessary noise ( 41 in Sept) really triggers me, and kids do nothing but make noise, .. I'm psycho-sick with this ****,

... single women that have kids is a tough assignment, that's always been an auto-pass for me, I likem' young & stupid .... and childless -

On 8/30/2019 at 11:10 PM, gadgets19 said:

Image result for rocketman poster

Was good but no Bohemian Rhapsody.  In fact I think two very different genres.

I'll be honest I was dragged to see this with the missus. While I did enjoy large elements I still couldn't get behind the movie as the dude is still alive lol..

Egerton is a good actor though, always does a good job. 

On 8/29/2019 at 9:47 AM, StompGrind said:

Reveal hidden contents

LMAO!

I wonder how many more abortions there would be if men didn't have to pay

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Enigma_Machine said:

I wonder how many more abortions there would be if men didn't have to pay

there'd be a sharp drop in career welfare bishes

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

... much better than the above 2

u-g-F3NEZC0.jpg?w=550&h=550&p=0

LoEG was always my greatest shame. When people walked in when I was watching it, I would always turn it off and just tell them I was watching p.orn.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

Wat, Crimson Tide is goat

I thought it was an embarrassment to the USN, .. nuclear protocol never worked that way, .. nonsensical - turned it off 75% in

imagine a Soviet submarine commander needing his XO's approval to launch an attack ?

1 hour ago, Bezerker101 said:

I thought it was an embarrassment to the USN, .. nuclear protocol never worked that way, .. nonsensical - turned it off 75% in

imagine a Soviet submarine commander needing his XO's approval to launch an attack ?

The two man rule is real afaik. The rest is a completely made up what if scenario. 

It's not much of a movie if the XO disagrees with launching and they follow protocol and don't do anything until both the commander and XO agree. 

2 hours ago, juice64011 said:

The two man rule is real afaik. The rest is a completely made up what if scenario. 

It's not much of a movie if the XO disagrees with launching and they follow protocol and don't do anything until both the commander and XO agree. 

maybe 2 men must agree,  but it won't be an Executive Officer with no combat or wartime experience fresh out of the academy vs 30 yr veteran Commander

.. and the possible nuclear holocaust was going to be caused by a faulty wynch & no auxiliary communications system ? Not gonna happen > Hollywood nonsense circa 1995,

they took liberties that made the film unwatchable imo (mutiny & portraying Hackman as trigger happy with the clock ticking) is just too over the top) ...

more of a fantasy than LoEG imo -

Edited by Bezerker101

1 hour ago, Bezerker101 said:

maybe 2 men must agree,  but it won't be an Executive Officer with no combat or wartime experience fresh out of the academy vs 30 yr veteran Commander

.. and the possible nuclear holocaust was going to be caused by a faulty wynch & no auxiliary communications system ? Not gonna happen > Hollywood nonsense circa 1995,

they took liberties that made the film unwatchable imo (mutiny & portraying Hackman as trigger happy with the clock ticking) is just too over the top) ...

more of a fantasy than LoEG imo -

The protocol on ballistic missile submarines is that both the commanding and executive officers must give the order to launch or the crew won’t respond, and the commanding officer cannot relieve or fire the executive officer. In the scenario portrayed in Crimson Tide, what would actually have happened when Denzel disagreed with Hackman, was that the crew would not have launched. End of story. However, that would have resulted in a boring and very short movie. So they played loose with the facts and allowed Hackman to fire Washington, setting the stage for an exciting conflict as the crew chose sides.

-Rick Campbell, a retired Navy Commander

It seems that they do need two men and it would be an XO and Commander. The amount of experience is meaningless as it's not like Denzel had never been in a sub, he was just in a new job. I don't know the communication system of a 80s or 90s sub to comment on that. 

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

The protocol on ballistic missile submarines is that both the commanding and executive officers must give the order to launch

WAS the protocol, .. it is now a hotline between the POTUS and the nuclear submarine commander -

the vast majority of Executive Officers that graduate Annapolis have zero combat/ political experience, they have administrative degrees ...

the idea of a Chechen rebel with 4 nuke subs & his finger on the button vs a rookie XO that mutinied seems over the top,

actually, when push came to shove, it was Viggo Mortensen that controlled the world's nuclear fate .. right ?

and Bruckheimer playing loose with the facts .. ? yeah - Top Gun, Arrmageddon -

* anyway, it was a successful film in '95 (more due to the cast than the script obviously) ... but it would bomb in 2019,

if I'm gonna do the Russian rebel sub thing, prefer Red October -

9 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

too much sex and nudity, I was appalled !

3811skin.jpg

The fora is gonna need more deets on this one. 

Image result for the dark tower

Had never read the book so didn't know if its anything like the original story but was not bad, just wish they'd spent more of the time on mid-world. 7/10

Image result for murder mystery imdb

It's not got a patch on his old greats like Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore and The Waterboy but it was a lot better than I expected after only seeing clips of the last few films he's put out and just a fun 90 minutes. 7/10

On 9/3/2019 at 4:45 AM, Bezerker101 said:

... much better than the above 2

u-g-F3NEZC0.jpg?w=550&h=550&p=0

GOAT movie, this is legit one of my favorite superhero movies lol

• Like 2

On 9/5/2019 at 3:47 PM, Jolldan said:

Almost forgot I watched this last night as well 

Image result for transformers 5 poster

They really should have stopped at conception lol

• Haha 1

eldest child has started to watch LOTR trilogy and is enjoying it

• Like 5

1 hour ago, crangs said:

Just tried to have the 9 year old watch it. :( Paternity test pending

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, crangs said:

she woke up at 6am, finished the second and started on the third before we even got out of bed, lol

• Like 1

I liked Once Upon A Time in Hollywood. Not my favorite by any means, it was different to say the least. I'd probably take Hateful 8 over it. 

I thought Cliff Booth (Brad Pitt) was interesting and my favorite character in the movie 

image.jpeg.125c0a0fc1449553127a38a6d92abcf7.jpeg

You can make a zombie comedy movie with some scares, you can make scary zombie movie with some comedy.  What you can't do is make an unscary, unfunny and quite boring zombie movie.

2 hours ago, gadgets19 said:

image.jpeg.125c0a0fc1449553127a38a6d92abcf7.jpeg

You can make a zombie comedy movie with some scares, you can make scary zombie movie with some comedy.  What you can't do is make an unscary, unfunny and quite boring zombie movie.

Selena Gomez  had thick thighs and big-bosoms in that spoof -