Pigs-On-The-Wing

SN43's Movie Discussion Thread!

22 hours ago, Ozpride said:

Agreed!  Although Pesci tends to play himself most of the time lol

On Infernal Affairs Get the trilogy.  It's still fairly popular so it's fairly easy to find if you frequent torrent sights 

I used to, but I kept getting caught and my internet kept getting shutdown. Plus kickass got taken down and that was the best one in my opinion. I used to frequent isohunt, demonoid, pirate bay, kickass, etc.. kickass was the only one worth a damn in my opinion. But I'm done with all that now lol.

1 hour ago, thestorm-1 said:

I used to, but I kept getting caught and my internet kept getting shutdown. Plus kickass got taken down and that was the best one in my opinion. I used to frequent isohunt, demonoid, pirate bay, kickass, etc.. kickass was the only one worth a damn in my opinion. But I'm done with all that now lol.

Lol m8 that's what they all say 

unnamed (15).gif

4 hours ago, Ozpride said:

Lol m8 that's what they all say 

unnamed (15).gif

Which part, being done with it? 

Oh I am. Its been at least 3 years since I have even tried. Now I buy everything like a grown up lol... granted the only movies I buy are either 1) movies for my kids, 2) movies on sale or 3) a movie that I think is incredibly good or incredibly entertaining. 

The most recent movies I have bought were Sonic, Scoob (obviously both for my kids) - and then VUDU had a sale on Tom Cruise films so I picked up Mission Impossible and Tropic Thunder, which I will say is one of the best comedies of its decade in my opinion and I was real skeptical going into it the first time I saw it since Stiller was the main star. He was solid, but RDJ was incredibly hilarious. 

Edited by thestorm-1

So I watched 'The Green Mile' for the first time last weekend. It's one of those movies that somehow passed me by all these years. I genuinely had absolutely no idea what it was about. Was pretty invested, then about an hour in when the prisoner starts vomiting flies I turned to my missus instantly and asked 'Is this Stephen King' LMAO. That dude is so weird honestly. 

Anyway, controversially I thought the movie was OKAY and just okay, I don't think I'd be in a rush to watch it again. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

So I watched 'The Green Mile' for the first time last weekend. It's one of those movies that somehow passed me by all these years. I genuinely had absolutely no idea what it was about. Was pretty invested, then about an hour in when the prisoner starts vomiting flies I turned to my missus instantly and asked 'Is this Stephen King' LMAO. That dude is so weird honestly. 

Anyway, controversially I thought the movie was OKAY and just okay, I don't think I'd be in a rush to watch it again. 

This was during the peak Tom Hanks love-in era. Bit emperor's new clothes if you ask me. 

The hipsters like @Ozpride absolutely love it though. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

This was during the peak Tom Hanks love-in era. Bit emperor's new clothes if you ask me. 

I'm not saying that it's a bad movie, it's a pretty good movie. But it isn't one of those '100 movies to watch before you die' type things that people rave about lol, it was a solidly watchable alright film.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Says the bearded Swedish iso-avoiding toe sock and toe shoe wearing ginger who only reads 'book' books 

😘 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Ozpride said:

Says the bearded Swedish iso-avoiding toe sock and toe shoe wearing ginger who only reads 'book' books 

😘

Just started book 3, should be able to drop you an update later m9.

• Thanks 1

"Mom can we buy Infernal Affairs"

"We have Infernal Affairs at home"

The Infernal Affairs at home...

1 hour ago, Bezerker101 said:

220px-Internal_affairs_film.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, TUF said:

"Mom can we buy Infernal Affairs"

"We have Infernal Affairs at home"

The Infernal Affairs at home...

I was an hour late.  Well played 

• Like 2

Just watched this.  Weird indie film by Bateman, starring himself,  with Nicole Kidman and Christopher Walken just demolishing him in every scene. Not bad.  Dude has some serious Daddy issues though.  Great to see Walken getting some lines,  dude is amazing.  Wish they cast him in Ray Donovan as some old arch rival of Mickey. 

unnamed (1).jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

It's a great movie. The missus loves it.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

I like it, that movie hits me in the feelers.

Grand Budapest Hotel

Goodwill Hunting

A Few Good Men

The Town

Forrest Gump

Prisoners

Seven

Saving Private Ryan (talk about Oscar snub)

Catch Me If You Can

Spotlight

Rocky

The Lion King and Angels in the Outfield (childhood favorites)

Some of my favs.

• Like 1

Escape from Pretoria

Based on the prison escape of political prisoners in South Africa during apartheid era. Stars Daniel Radcliffe. Not a bad movie, worth a watch. Brits will likely complain about accents. 6/10

39 minutes ago, gadgets19 said:

image.jpeg.9bf74abe4e752f7289f2d740e0e1580f.jpeg

Good movie and I got a thing for anything Rosamund Pike

Gone Girl is really good. 

4 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

👀

c19d6ebccc36820d52b3fe8c66ef3221.jpg

I wonder how this would feel like if I watched it today. Back in the day it was pretty boring except for the twist.

Also, who made that poster/cover? Talk about spoilers...

• Like 1

watched it couple months ago, .. excellent 👍

5 minutes ago, thestorm-1 said:

Bout to watch... Think what you want, it is hilarious and Clint is as always a badass.

81gpHOb2M1L._RI_.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2020 at 2:13 AM, thestorm-1 said:

Bout to watch... Think what you want, it is hilarious and Clint is as always a badass.

81gpHOb2M1L._RI_.jpg

The scene where Gunny kicks that big roid freaks **** is great.

Binge watched it the other night on Netflix. Some really interesting things revealed i haven't seen else where on this story. 

jeffrey-epstein-filthy-rich-netflix-5557

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1