Pigs-On-The-Wing

SN43's Movie Discussion Thread!

I have a birthday tradition of watching Field of Dreams.  This will be the first watching since visiting the field itself last year on my Iowa tour.  Missus still doesn't get what all the fuss is about. Phillistine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I have a birthday tradition of watching Field of Dreams.  This will be the first watching since visiting the field itself last year on my Iowa tour.  Missus still doesn't get what all the fuss is about. Phillistine.

That's only because the FoD was OVERSHADOWED by the meeting of the GOATs 

IMG950045.jpg.2aa54873ac40adf64e84a2a0265f2272.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

Olivia Munn/ campy-

image.png.05ca1c485c77e17bcc80314e60589020.png

They stopped making those movies after the Adrian Brody reboot. Delete this ^

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

Olivia Munn/ campy-

image.png.05ca1c485c77e17bcc80314e60589020.png

It had some good qualities to it, but at the end it was kinda messy. Shame really, as I like Shane Black.

• Like 1

This is very, very freaky (ahem) and very funny. From Alex Winters of Bill € Ted fame. Never seen it before. Cult material for sure. Saw it mentioned in an old Conan O'Brian interview that was reposted as support to the new movie coming out.

• Like 1

Finally saw Joker. It was good. A brave movie for sure. Take the Joker element out of it and it could be just a drama about mental illness.

14 hours ago, TUF said:

That's only because the FoD was OVERSHADOWED by the meeting of the GOATs 

IMG950045.jpg.2aa54873ac40adf64e84a2a0265f2272.jpg

One of the greatest moments in fora history. 

• Like 2

I quite liked Get Out, but this is clearly inferior. It moves at a brisk pace, is pretty inventive but also has too many unbelievable and (I think) unintentionally silly moments. And the ending doesn't make any sense. I guessed it early on, but dismissed it as stupid.

• Like 1

Bill and Ted face the music

This movie isnt complete garbage, but i imagine it will disappoint many fans. Dont get me wrong, I TRIED to like this movie and give it a fair shake of the sauce bottle, my missus was ready to give up after 10 minutes, but i persevered. It has some genuine LOL moments and some nice call backs and easter eggs, but ultimately i had to ask myself, was this movie necessary, does it cement Bill and Teds legazy, and the answer is no, unfortunately it also in some ways diminishes the characters and the previous movies. You could argue this isnt even about Bill and Ted anymore, whos story is the side adventure, but their 2 dimensional and forgettable daughters.

Bill and Ted dont quite have the same charm now theyre old (Alex Winter slips back into Bill quite well but Keanus Ted less so), Kristen Schall is funny in other things but shes no George Carlin, and the woman who plays Teds daughter was particularly unlikeable to me for some raisin (shes basically trying to do a female Ted, and its horrible). Death was funny for a minute there tho.

2/5

• Like 1

I really liked this. The director had the good sense to keep things moving forward at a steadily increasing tense way. No jump scares but slow terror. Weird to see Ryan Reynolds die shockingly.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DoomPatrol said:

I really liked this. The director had the good sense to keep things moving forward at a steadily increasing tense way. No jump scares but slow terror. Weird to see Ryan Reynolds die shockingly.

-will watch tomorrow

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DoomPatrol said:

18 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

-will watch tomorrow

.... didn't recognize the movie at first, but saw it 3 yrs ago - good movie,

rewatched "The Bad Batch" instead-

Edited by Bezerker101
  • Like 1