Pigs-On-The-Wing

SN43's Movie Discussion Thread!

Just watched Blackway (2016) Hopkins, Liotta, Holbrook, Julia Styles & Alexander Ludwig,
7/10

-99502-poster-xlarge-resized.jpg

Edited by Bezerker101
  • Like 2

Solomon Kane

6/10

Good atmosphere, gritty. Started well, but then lost steam and originality towards the end.

It was fun to spot all the actors in it, though. It had both Max von Sydow and Rory McCann from Game of Thrones and many others.

• Like 1

Daw tarzan with my sister.

Better than expected. The cgi was a bit hit and miss. Highly noticeable in some places. Was worth a watch though.

And Margot Robbie nom nom

• Like 6

Was it worth the watch?

yeah, just to see Big John doin' a limo

Duffee is actually ok, I've seen much worse performances by mma fighters .

The best scene is when Jai opens a can-o-whoopup on 4 cops while handcuffed -

Edited by Bezerker101
  • Like 2

yeah, just to see Big John doin' a limo

Duffee is actually ok, I've seen much worse performances by mma fighters .

The best scene is when Jai opens a can-o-whoopup on 4 cops while handcuffed -

seems worth it to watch the movie just for that 

Edited by freddievanhalen3
  • Like 1

So I saw 'now you see me 2' last night.

Watched the first years ago. Couldn't really remember that but remembered not liking it so I didn't have great expectations for the 2nd.

But..... It's really good. Entertaining and funny. Not unpredictable but it had me guessing. 8/10 m8

• Like 2

Watched Finding Dory.  Not bad for a kiddie movie.  6.5 out of 10

I heard alot of good things about it.. but Im sure if I watched it Id have similar feelings 

• Like 2

I heard alot of good things about it.. but Im sure if I watched it Id have similar feelings 

I just felt the movie was too slow.  Long durations of non-action scenes. 

• Like 1

Again...Jupiter Ascending.  This is the 2000 version of 'Dune' from the 80s.  Both movies are so complicated that the casual movie goer would never get it (I must have watched Dune 25 times now and still haven't got it).  But the more times I watch Jupiter, I catch the subtle lines of dialog or plot.  It's actually a good movie.  And I'd claim that it's another Oscar-worthy performance for Eddie Redmayne.

• Like 2

Again...Jupiter Ascending.  This is the 2000 version of 'Dune' from the 80s.  Both movies are so complicated that the casual movie goer would never get it (I must have watched Dune 25 times now and still haven't got it).  But the more times I watch Jupiter, I catch the subtle lines of dialog or plot.  It's actually a good movie.  And I'd claim that it's another Oscar-worthy performance for Eddie Redmayne.

I have to disagree, it was nothing like Dune imo opinion

• Like 1

I have to disagree, it was nothing like Dune imo opinion

Well, IMO, compared to Dune only in it's complexity.  You may have thought either was easy to watch the first time.

• Like 1

Well, IMO, compared to Dune only in it's complexity. You may have thought either was easy to watch the first time.

I cant even count the times I have watched Dune, it's a classic. Sandworms still scare me LoL

I've watched Jupiter Ascending probably a handful of times, it didn't remind me of Dune at all

It was the hottest of swarthy garbage

Edited by WarWest
  • Like 2

I havent seen that one yet 

• Like 2

you are literally the only person ive seen give any sort of redeeming qualities let alone actual praise to that film lol...

• Like 2

you are literally the only person ive seen give any sort of redeeming qualities let alone actual praise to that film lol...

Yeah, but I've had to watch it a dozen times in order to do so.

Also watched Jurassic World again on HBO free weekend...apart from the FX, there is no redeeming quality of this movie. Shouldn't have ever been made.

Edited by Joby
  • Like 1

Saw the new Star Trek last night. It was a steaming pile of ****.

On the bright side, the Harkins Tuesday night classic movie was Terminator 2, so I finally got to see that masterpiece in the theater! It was ****ing sweet

• Like 5

Saw the new Star Trek last night. It was a steaming pile of ***

On the bright side, the Harkins Tuesday night classic movie was Terminator 2, so I finally got to see that masterpiece in the theater! It was **** sweet

Yeah, wasn't the greatest. Probably the worst of the bunch.

Had some funny bits in it though and i was entertained.

The whole logic of the movie was incredibly stupid. I mean, me an you could quite easily knock up a better story in the next couple off posts.

Hollywood be slacking.

• Like 3

Yeah, wasn't the greatest. Probably the worst of the bunch.

Had some funny bits in it though and i was entertained.

The whole logic of the movie was incredibly stupid. I mean, me an you could quite easily knock up a better story in the next couple off posts.

Hollywood be slacking.

Yeah we definitely could. I laughed a few times, I've always been very fond of Simon Pegg, but I think he should stick to comedies when it comes to his writing.

I can't get too much into what I disliked about the movie without spoilers, so I'll just say that to me even the action scenes were pretty boring and the movie was very dragged out. Easily could have been much shorter

• Like 3

Yeah we definitely could. I laughed a few times, I've always been very fond of Simon Pegg, but I think he should stick to comedies when it comes to his writing.

I can't get too much into what I disliked about the movie without spoilers, so I'll just say that to me even the action scenes were pretty boring and the movie was very dragged out. Easily could have been much shorter

Yessss it should have been call 'fast and furious 17' space wars

• Like 3

What are some of your favorite SciFi movies?

Damn. There's so many.

All time greats. Matrix, predator, Running Man, Alien, interstellar, inception..... There's so many.

Some more recent. Oblivion, edge of tomorrow, mad max, ex machina

• Like 3

Damn. There's so many.

All time greats. Matrix, predator, Running Man, Alien, interstellar, inception..... There's so many.

Some more recent. Oblivion, edge of tomorrow, mad max, ex machina

I did want to see Oblivion and Edge of Tomorrow
  • Like 1

ITS SO GOD DAMN BEAUTIFUL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIHH5-HVS9o

Saw the new Star Trek last night. It was a steaming pile of ****.

On the bright side, the Harkins Tuesday night classic movie was Terminator 2, so I finally got to see that masterpiece in the theater! It was **** sweet

A common failing imo of Star Trek films is when they spend to long on a planet. From the trailers that's what it looked like so I was apprehensive about this one.

This is looking **** tight

Benedict as Strange is second only to RDJ as Stark perfect casting, can't wait for this.

• Like 2

ITS SO GOD DAMN BEAUTIFUL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIHH5-HVS9o

A common failing imo of Star Trek films is when they spend to long on a planet. From the trailers that's what it looked like so I was apprehensive about this one.

Benedict as Strange is second only to RDJ as Stark perfect casting, can't wait for this.

Yeah almost the whole movie was on that planet, and the rest of it wasn't any better.

That justice League movie looks like it has potential but my hatred of Batman v Superman will be tough to overcome

• Like 1

Yeah almost the whole movie was on that planet, and the rest of it wasn't any better.

That justice League movie looks like it has potential but my hatred of Batman v Superman will be tough to overcome

I was one of the few who really enjoyed BvS it had its flaws don't get me wrong.

Jesse Eisenberg is probably my least favourite thing about it, hopefully he's not given as much screen time this time around.

• Like 2

Firstly. Can this thread get a sticky?? It's my most recurring thread chat.

Secondly. Saw the new Bourne movie tonight. It was alright, not the best nor the worst Bourne. Probably the joint second best.

Seems like another set up movie.

• Like 5

Firstly. Can this thread get a sticky?? It's my most recurring thread chat.

Secondly. Saw the new Bourne movie tonight. It was alright, not the best nor the worst Bourne. Probably the joint second best.

Seems like another set up movie.

How many do they have now?

Daylight's End (2016) w/ Krzysztof Soszynski as Alpha, Johhny Strong, Lance Henriksen, & Louis Mandylor

6/10

STK698478-1-2-585x500.jpg

Edited by Bezerker101

Damn.. never even seen one.. lol who is bow and arrow guy?

They did a spin off with that bow and arrow guy from The Avengers, jeremy renner?? I think his name is.

You should try and check out the first one. Bourne identify was an amazing movie. Well worth a watch

• Like 1

Saw it over the weekend. Paul Greengrass still knows how to shoot a great car chase and fight scenes. Less shaky cam too which is appreciated. As someone who loved the trilogy, this one felt pretty unnecessary. The 3rd movie wrapped up the series so well, the 4th (Damon movie) seemed to undo a lot of the progression and storylines from the others. I wouldn't even have minded if this one felt like it was building towards something. An eventual crossover with Renner like promised but it almost just felt like a remake of the others and idk if I would even see another one. Plus Damon only had 25 lines. WTF.

• Like 1

Finally saw Star trek 3 and Terminator Genesis. Both were better than expected. Look forward to the time travel storyline in Star Trek 4 since they're apparently bringing Hemsworth back.

• Like 1