Pigs-On-The-Wing

SN43's Movie Discussion Thread!

They did a spin off with that bow and arrow guy from The Avengers, jeremy renner?? I think his name is.

You should try and check out the first one. Bourne identify was an amazing movie. Well worth a watch

i have been wanting to check it out.. just haven't yet 

Finally saw Star trek 3 and Terminator Genesis. Both were better than expected. Look forward to the time travel storyline in Star Trek 4 since they're apparently bringing Hemsworth back.

Haha I also watched terminater the other day. Anything with Arnold gets a thumbs up from me.

The guy who played Kyle Reese can't act for ****

• Like 2

Haha I also watched terminater the other day. Anything with Arnold gets a thumbs up from me.

The guy who played Kyle Reese can't act for ****

I thought he did ok but he rustled me for reasons unknown. Couldn't help but think how much better the movie would have been with somebody I didnt want to see get diggled and who had actual chemistry with the Mother of Dragons.

• Like 2

Just got back from Suicide Squad

It's ****ing garbage.

I don't know what the hell these DC guys are doing. The movie makes no sense, there's no thread to the plot.

The Joker also appears for like 5 minutes.

Not as bad as the historically awful Fant4stic, but worse than X-Men Apocalypse which I thought was damn bad.

• Like 2

MauroPedrosa. I'm not reading that. Actually quite looking forward to it.

Was it good

Open my spoiler thing after you watch the movie. I don't want to influence your judgement

Open my spoiler thing after you watch the movie. I don't want to influence your judgement

Mother **** er

I'm a DC geek so I'll love it either way....

I even thought man of steel was qoat

• Like 2

Mother **** er

I'm a DC geek so I'll love it either way....

I even thought man of steel was qoat

I liked Man of Steel a lot. By the end of that movie I assumed that Superman's identity would be known but I was disappointed when I was proven wrong in BvS

• Like 1

It's **** garbage.

I don't know what the hell these DC guys are doing. The movie makes no sense, there's no thread to the plot.

Not as bad as the historically awful Fant4stic, but worse than X-Men Apocalypse which I thought was damn bad.

This is every review I've seen of this movie...or so. I'm disappointed and haven't see it yet.

BTW...your review was much kinder than what I've seen online.

• Like 1

This is every review I've seen of this movie...or so. I'm disappointed and haven't see it yet.

BTW...your review was much kinder than what I've seen online.

The sad thing is that I'm not a Marvel or DC fanboy. I usually love anything superhero related. Love the Flash tv show, love Daredevil etc.

This DC movie universe just has a weird vibe, like the people in charge are oblivious and don't know what makes a COHERENT movie. I don't even expect good, just something that makes sense.

Man of Steel was pretty good in my opinion and can go toe-to-toe with the Marvel movies, but BvS had some awful things like Lex Luthor and Suicide Squad is just a complete mess.

• Like 1

A bunch of dc fans decided to be little ****es and start a change.org petition to shut down rottentomatoes.com for giving suicide squad bad reviews. Literally the most beta thing ive ever heard

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/new-movies/suicide-squad-fans-want-rotten-tomatoes-shut-down-as-kevin-smith-defends-the-movie/news-story/98c20b75108cb97db286392bf06be42e

• Like 5

... wow did I buy into the hype of Suicide Squad. That movie was terrible. 4/10.

Just a little back ground, I liked Batman vs. Superman. I liked Man of Steel. I liked the "noir" feeling. The darker tone. The realism with real world emotion of how people would react to that universe. Suicide Squad had none of these feelings.

• Like 3

It's **** garbage.

Im not really surprised 

• Like 1

Wanted to come here to defend Suicide Squad but I cant. It's bad. It's all bad.

• Like 6

... wow did I buy into the hype of Suicide Squad. That movie was terrible. 4/10.

Just a little back ground, I liked Batman vs. Superman. I liked Man of Steel. I liked the "noir" feeling. The darker tone. The realism with real world emotion of how people would react to that universe. Suicide Squad had none of these feelings.

Lmao, if someone that liked batman v Superman disliked this it must be pretty damn bad

• Like 3

I need to see it.. just to see how bad it truly is

Not as bad as the reviews tbh. Had some moments but for every lulz there were 5 cringe moments. Good writing and an R rating could have gone a long way. *see Deadpool

• Like 4

Not as bad as the reviews tbh. Had some moments but for every lulz there were 5 cringe moments. Good writing and an R rating could have gone a long way. *see Deadpool

I honestly didnt like Deadpool... i mean it was ok I guess 

So I watched it. I liked it. It was pretty funny with cool characters and scenes. I dint enjoy the whole evil witch bad guy.

• Like 2

copy and pasting cause lazy:

Suicide Squad is just god-awful. Literally everything that happens in the movie is contrived. NOTHING seems natural. The pacing sucks. The first act is basically an hour montage of trying to catch us up. The 2nd act has some interesting, but ultimately generic action scenes and the 3rd was utter ****....

Yet, i absolutely loved the characters. I went into that movie with nothing but a defeated DC attitude and came out with a lot of hope. The portrayal of the characters is exactly what we need (minus the multiple cheesy written lines.) There really wasnt a character i didn't like. Total improvement from BVS. Now we just need to get a proper story behind it.

Best headline of the year

'Ghostbusters' Heading for $70M-Plus Loss, Sequel Unlikely

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/ghostbusters-heading-for-dollar70m-plus-loss-sequel-unlikely/ar-BBvsQ7h?li=BBnbfcL

Wow it's pretty crazy that a $117 million domestic is a bomb. If nothing else this should tell Hollywood that they're spending way too much money making these things

• Like 5

Wow it's pretty crazy that a $117 million domestic is a bomb. If nothing else this should tell Hollywood that they're spending way too much money making these things

I don't understand how their marketing budget is more than the movie. It says production cost is $144 million and the break even after marketing is $300 million. So they spent $156 million in marketing? That's insane.

• Like 6

I don't understand how their marketing budget is more than the movie. It says production cost is $144 million and the break even after marketing is $300 million. So they spent $156 million in marketing? That's insane.

Yeah something is definitely off about the whole thing. There was insane marketing though, all the way to Progressive insurance and pizza commercials. I just can't wrap my brain around a movie "only" making 117 million domestic being a bomb when so many movies only make 30 or so. Basically 117 million is a TON of people seeing your movie and if you're expecting more than that for a movie that's not star wars or avengers then you're gonna fail from the start

• Like 2

DC Comics/ Hugo Weaving, Portman, Hurt, Stephen Fry, Rea

... hardcore Brit theme, good stuff - 8/10

v-for-vendetta-a4-non-tearable-ua001199-

Hell yes, one of my favorites. Just watched it this weekend for probably the 20th time

• Like 5

Have you seen Lockout?

I just watched the trailer,  don't believe I've seen it ..

.. the tv's here run 24/7 with movies so I'm never really sure, .. gonna crank this one up tonight,

thanks for the heads-up .

Edited by Bezerker101
  • Like 1

I just watched the trailer, don't believe I've seen it ..

.. the tv's here run 24/7 with movies so I'm never really sure, .. gonna crank this one up tonight,

thanks for the heads-up .

I believe it's a French film.. but it's dope as hell
  • Like 1

There are talks of remaking the crow starring Jason momoa. Not a good idea

Atleast they're not making remakes for the soul purpose of recasting all lead roles as females for a foreseeable money grab.... which is nice.

So-I-Got-That-Goin-For-Me-Which-Is-Nice.

• Like 4

I really liked lockout. The reviews weren't that great though

... absolutely every line Pearce has is a wise-crack, it does get tiresome

who's ******** idea was that lol ?

Edited by Bezerker101
  • Like 2

Bokeem-Woodbine-is-reportedly-playing-th

Bokeem Woodbine as Shocker

the-vulture-michael-keaton.jpg?w=800

Michael Keaton as Vulture

Spiderman going with two totally new villains for Tim Holland's first outing.

post-60030-seal-clapping-gif-imgur-tumbl

Edited by Jolldan
  • Like 2

A film I never thought id have watched but it was actually quite enjoyable.

dvdawpawp.jpg

Tom Everett Scott had a good run in the late 90's. "That Thing You Do", "Werewolves in Paris", and "Dead Man on Campus" are all underrated movies. 

• Like 4

Tom Everett Scott had a good run in the late 90's. "That Thing You Do", "Werewolves in Paris", and "Dead Man on Campus" are all underrated movies.

Especially dead man on campus. P4P

• Like 4

... absolutely every line Pearce has is a wise-crack, it does get tiresome

who's ******** idea was that lol ?

lol I thought it added to the whole idea of action scifi 

• Like 1

New trailer. 

Looks like everything I hoped Force Awakens would be and wasn't. Gareth Edwards is directing and directed the most recent Godzilla movie. Would love if they treated Vader more like that instead of whoring him out in every scene. Just the threat of him looming over every scene, haunting every moment. Would be much more sinister instead of what they did to poor Kylo and Hayden Christensen.

Edited by TUF
  • Like 5