maybe 1 or 2 of those fighters stay with the company for a year or two

and maybe 1 out of those actually crack the top 15

Edited by HNIC_
  • Like 1

their just isn't enough athletic 230+ lb fighters

it seems like the UFC signs and releases a half dozen or so HW's every year

^ This.  People have complained about so many seasons featuring lightweights, welterweights and middleweights.  Those are the weightclasses that so many fighters can cut too.  With TUF you also see a lot of guys competing up one or even two classes because of all the weight cuts in such a short period of time.  Countless TUF seasons featuring middleweights was loaded with natural welterweights.  TUF welterweights loaded with natural lightweights.

Edited by CorporalClegg209
  • Like 1

^ This.  People have complained about so many seasons featuring lightweights, welterweights and middleweights.  Those are the weightclasses that so many fighters can cut too.  With TUF you also see a lot of guys competing up one or even two classes because of all the weight cuts in such a short period of time.  Countless TUF seasons featuring middleweights was loaded with natural welterweights.  TUF welterweights loaded with natural lightweights.

I think the avg male in fighting shape falls into welterweight, followed by lightweight and then your middleweights

• Like 1

their just isn't enough athletic 230+ lb fighters

it seems like the UFC signs and releases a half dozen or so HW's every year

Yeah i know there aren't a lot of em out there but it'd be nice for ufc to try i mean 90% of the guys on the show won't stick around the ufc anyway might as well try to find talent where you need it most

Yeah i know there aren't a lot of em out there but it'd be nice for ufc to try i mean 90% of the guys on the show won't stick around the ufc anyway might as well try to find talent where you need it most

I doubt there are any half-decent HWs out there who have not been signed up by an organisation already.  Look at the first season that featured HWs - it was won by a LHW (Shad) and the only other fighter who stayed in the UFC any length of time was also a LHW (Jardine).  The rest of the HW's went 1-11 in the UFC between them.  Second season gave us Nelson (who was already well established), plus Schaub and Mittrione.  So it's not exactly been a gold mine.

• Like 1

I think the avg male in fighting shape falls into welterweight, followed by lightweight and then your middleweights

Definitely.  Lightweight and welterweight are the deepest talent pools in the world followed closely by middleweight where a lot of guys aren't really any bigger than your modern WCC welterweight.

• Like 1

Pretty rude

And you're a pretty dude.

There's a comb over there, go on and pick it up

And you're a pretty dude.

There's a comb over there, go on and pick it up

That's funny coming from a guy that was pm'ing cash on what does grab the comb mean. Ha ha