Tele2 Arena, Stockholm, Sweden

Main Card (FOX, 8:00 p.m. ET)

Five Round Light Heavyweight Main Event

Alexander Gustafsson vs. Anthony Johnson

Middleweight Co-Main Event

Dan Henderson vs. Gegard Mousasi

Ryan Bader vs. Phil Davis

Akira Corassani vs. Sam Sicilia

Preliminary Card (FOX Sports 1, 5:00 p.m. ET)

Nico Musoke vs. Albert Tumenov

Sultan Aliev vs. Kenny Robertson

Makwan Amirkhani vs. Andy Ogle

Nikita Krylov vs. Stanislav Nedkov

Anthony Christodoulou vs. Mairbek Taisumov

Konstantin Erokhin vs. Viktor Pesta

Early Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass, 4:00 p.m. ET)

Mirsad Bektic vs. Paul Redmond

Chris Beal vs. Neil Seery

Both would murder Jones, that's all I care about

We'll see that day, brother, we'll see it. It's gonna be sweet, it's gonna be soothing, it's gonna be pleasant. We're gonna drink and sing happy songs.

mlkindc_ap_img.jpg

• Like 3

Rumble finna' pull Gus' *** hole open, step into his *** hole, and close the door behind him. Then he's gonna' take a spray can right, spray Rumble was here, wash me all that 'ish, mess his whole *** hole up. Get a snickers bar, paper, throw that on the floor.  Then before the fights over, he's going to open up that *** hole one more time, step out his *** hole, then leave that *** hole wide open so everybody knows Rumble been there.

Edited by HNIC_
  • Like 7

Rumble finna' pull Gus' *** hole open, step into his *** hole, and close the door behind him. Then he's gonna' take a spray can right, spray Rumble was here, wash me all that 'ish, mess his whole *** hole up. Get a snickers bar, paper, throw that on the floor.  Then before the fights over, he's going to open up that *** hole one more time, step out his *** hole, then leave that *** hole wide open so everybody knows Rumble been there.

Get in dat ****, Rumble

• Like 5

Rumble finna dust that white boy in front of his parents, and then bang his girl in front of her parents. 

Then the mayor is going to give Rumble a key to the city.

Edited by 12er
  • Like 5

Wow, Akira Corassani is still in the UFC?

And he called out McGregor lulz

• Like 2

Gus getting KOd.

Hendo might actually expire.

Bader's going to sleep.

Couldn't give 2 ****s about AC or SS

lol, maybe if he watches Davis vs Texeria prefight.  Mr Decision should be on a 3 fight losing streak for timidity against Texeira, blacksplosion against Rumble and daylight robbery against Machida.  

• Like 4

Wow, Akira Corassani is still in the UFC?

That was my reaction when I was putting this thread together, and saw his name on the card.

• Like 3

Like both gus and rumble,but I'm not a fan of rematches so i hope rumble wins to get the shot.

Think Gus' length and beard will be too much for rumble though.

lol, maybe if he watches Davis vs Texeria prefight.  Mr Decision should be on a 3 fight losing streak for timidity against Texeira, blacksplosion against Rumble and daylight robbery against Machida.  

Yeah, but they are all good. And Bader,... not so much!

GOAT

• Like 1

WarWest you still got it homie

Can't wait to watch Rumble fight again. I think he'll win, but I like Gus too so I'll just be sitting there with a smile on my face waiting to see how it all plays out.

I could see Gus winning early by using distance, movement, and length, but all it takes is one good wack from Rumble to change or potentially end the fight.

Yeah that's it. Gus will win a kick boxing match until he makes one split second mistake and Rumble punches his ticket to hape town.

Edited by Omoplataypus

So let me get this straight...

They put two quality fights on the Jungle Fights Prelims, and then they want me to watch a World Series of Fighting card just to see Rumble and Gus at the end? I'm good. I'll tune in for the main event.

• Like 1

So let me get this straight...

They put two quality fights on the Jungle Fights Prelims, and then they want me to watch a World Series of Fighting card just to see Rumble and Gus at the end? I'm good. I'll tune in for the main event.

This is your opportunity to be a Chris Beal fan since Jungle Fights.

• Like 5

Gus has this. TKO rd 3 when Rumble gasses...

LMAO gus has worse cardio than rumble. That giant goof could barely stand on his own 2 feet in the championship rds against Jones.

Rumble KO rd 1 when he cuts off the cage during gustaffson running.

• Like 5

LMAO gus has worse cardio than rumble. That giant goof could barely stand on his own 2 feet in the championship rds against Jones.

Rumble KO rd 1 when he cuts off the cage during gustaffson running.

qCrF5uF.gif

You think this gifted athlete will gas!?! LEL

• Like 7

This is your opportunity to be a Chris Beal fan since Jungle Fights.

I already pay for Jungle Pass. That's how I knew who he was to begin with. lol

• Like 2

If you like those Embedded series, Countdown etc, you will probably appreciate this if you haven't seen it already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F70vx4Mzbmo

It's hillarious how Mousasi sound like Arnold on specific words lol

Don't let the long time scare you, it's as interesting as Embedded etc :)

Edited by lapo
  • Like 2

Lapo, as you live in Scandanavia, are you going to the event?

Unfortunately no. There's more things to it. Back when the card was first announced, we had Akkira Corrasani as co-main and Nico Mousaki as third, there were no Hendo vs Moose or Bader vs Davis on it

I was at the Stockholm event in October which had Nelson vs Story to headline and then a pretty watered fight card for the rest(Korean Zombie got scratched), based on that event I got cold feet to jump right at it when only Gus was announced for this one.

Then there's the thing about it being in the middle of the night?

Also, Stockholm is CRAZY expensive with hotels and nightlife, so I thought to myself that I'd save the money and rather grab some other events? Thinking much about a US/Canada event since I can do the flights almost the same price as an European event due to ID-travellers benefit, and then some others around Europe(Glasgow, London, Berlin, Poland).

But I might change my mind and take a late flight tomorrow, buy some cheap tickets, go to the event, fly home early Sunday, and that way save the hotel lol

How about you?

• Like 1

Unfortunately no. There's more things to it. Back when the card was first announced, we had Akkira Corrasani as co-main and Nico Mousaki as third, there were no Hendo vs Moose or Bader vs Davis on it

I was at the Stockholm event in October which had Nelson vs Story to headline and then a pretty watered fight card for the rest(Korean Zombie got scratched), based on that event I got cold feet to jump right at it when only Gus was announced for this one.

Then there's the thing about it being in the middle of the night?

Also, Stockholm is CRAZY expensive with hotels and nightlife, so I thought to myself that I'd save the money and rather grab some other events? Thinking much about a US/Canada event since I can do the flights almost the same price as an European event due to ID-travellers benefit, and then some others around Europe(Glasgow, London, Berlin, Poland).

But I might change my mind and take a late flight tomorrow, buy some cheap tickets, go to the event, fly home early Sunday, and that way save the hotel lol

How about you?

Sadly not, my company (I work for a Swedis company) have been all over the sponsorship, but any freebies have gone to the corporate guys.  Plus as you say, Stockholm ain't cheap!!  Berlin would be quite handy for you I guess.

If I'm in the UK in July i might go to Glasgow, we've got relatives up there so it would work quite well.

• Like 1

Sadly not, my company (I work for a Swedis company) have been all over the sponsorship, but any freebies have gone to the corporate guys.  Plus as you say, Stockholm ain't cheap!!  Berlin would be quite handy for you I guess.

If I'm in the UK in July i might go to Glasgow, we've got relatives up there so it would work quite well.

You're British right? From whereabouts?

Berlin is great, I was there last year, an absolutely cool city, and you can get from one part of town to another for a very few Euros by cab. Also the hotels are cheap(if you don't wait til the very last day), nightlife as well as food and drinks is good and inexpensive.

It's an hour flight from me. The only negative thing I can say about Berlin is that I found it lacking in support of MMA/UFC? The arena wasn't completely sold out? But that could have something to do with the fight card as well :)

Do you by any chance have rumors about London? I find it strange if they won't have an event there again?

Also, it's going to be exciting about what they have planned for Ireland if they indeed tend to return as promised?

How's the promotion doing in Sweden? Because they have a ****load of tickets to sell and I don't see a lot of advertising

I'm not sure how the promotion in Sweden is going, but there's not any in public here in Denmark. All there is is on local MMA forums and in the MMA centres.

But I still think it's tough to sell out a stadium for an event in the middle of the night?

Also, the floor' seats are 265USD, and though it don't seem as much, you have to remember this is on a football/soccer field, which could potentially put you back further than seats in the very back of a normal arena. I think these prices and the hours have kept a lot from going?

• Like 1

You're British right? From whereabouts?

Berlin is great, I was there last year, an absolutely cool city, and you can get from one part of town to another for a very few Euros by cab. Also the hotels are cheap(if you don't wait til the very last day), nightlife as well as food and drinks is good and inexpensive.

It's an hour flight from me. The only negative thing I can say about Berlin is that I found it lacking in support of MMA/UFC? The arena wasn't completely sold out? But that could have something to do with the fight card as well :)

Do you by any chance have rumors about London? I find it strange if they won't have an event there again?

Also, it's going to be exciting about what they have planned for Ireland if they indeed tend to return as promised?

Yorkshire lad originally but now exiled near London. I'm fobar's neighbour.

Haven't heard anything about London. Shame,they always sell out. If picket got any momentum they could base an event round him but he can't seem to string much together.

Conor is now too big for Europe I'm afraid; he won't be back for a long time.

Berlin is a cool place. Depending on the card i might pop over.

Spart, looks like they've sold 30000+ die this weekend. Atmosphere will be stale though - swedes don't really do excitement

• Like 1

Haven't heard anything about London. Shame,they always sell out. If picket got any momentum they could base an event round him but he can't seem to string much together.

Spart, looks like they've sold 30000+ die this weekend. Atmosphere will be stale though - swedes don't really do excitement

30k+? I thought I read there were 26k seats for this event?

30k+? I thought I read there were 26k seats for this event?

The Arena has 30K seats, and then some more thousand seats on the field :)

The right atmosphere tomorrow night might make Dana wanna change his mind about big events in Europe to have more than this one :) I've been saying all along that I feel like this event being an experiment for further events of this size and geographics.

Keeping my fingers crossed for London, a great city, great arena, and great atmosphere :)

Won't necessarily agree to that :)

You're from Denmark right? What time is it up there, if the fights starts at

(UFC Fight Pass, 4:00 p.m. ET)

Why so late, Lapo? I need first hand infos

You're from Denmark right? What time is it up there, if the fights starts at

(UFC Fight Pass, 4:00 p.m. ET)

Why so late, Lapo? I need first hand infos

There's 6 hours difference, so when an event start at 4pm there, then it's 10pm here(22:00). When a Fox card air at 8pm ET, then it will be 02am here.......horrible hours :D

Usually the times for European events will start at an ordinary time local(around 6pm local).

I can only GUESS that it starts this late because of it being aired on FOX, and due to being part of a marketing strategy on UFC's behalf hosting a stadium event? i'm not sure? :)

• Like 1

The start time will 100% be because of FOX. They'll want the event in primetime for sure, because that's when the most people are generally watching TV, and thus when they can charge the highest ad rates.

As for tickets, I feel like I heard it was doing pretty well, but I don't remember where I saw that info.

• Like 1

alot of good prelim matchups on this card,

rumble vs gus will be a 1 sided beatdown with rumble losing

hendo vs mousasi will be a boring ud for mous

davis vs bader will be a smothering match with phil out wrestling bader

akira vs sam i see sam koing glass jaw akira

Edited by PunchBag

These are the #Analytics picks for this card:

Rumble

Mousasi

Davis

Sicilia

Musoke

Go put your bets down on these guys, the model is 9-1 so far on the year.