Sign in to follow this  
OfWolfandMan

So after all these years..NOW the Dragon is open to facing the Spider??

Lyoto Machida prefers not to complain about a possible delayed title shot ifAnderson Silva beats Nick Diaz on January 31, at UFC 183. However, "The Dragon" told Tatame.com.br that he's confused about the UFC criteria and asked for more specific rules for everyone to understand how a title fight is earned.

"I can't say if it's fair or unfair. Anderson has a big history behind him, his not a nobody. If 
 says that he will fight for the title, I won't contest. I just think that the criteria should be stronger and better defined but we have to move on. I'm not a guy to be complaining, I like to focus on my work."

Lyoto also says that he would accept a fight with Anderson but doubts it would be a possibility in the near future.

"Everyone asks me if I would face him but it's a bout far away of happening. Of course I would. As a professional, I would do it. The audience would like to watch. But it's a fight out of context and to me it isn't going to happen, so I don't like to talk about."

I'd watch the **** out of that if I knew they were giving it everything possible in the octagon

• Like 2

I'd watch the **** out of that if I knew they were giving it everything possible in the octagon

Except if and when it would happen they will both be past their prime, 5 yrs ago this would have been epic

And, it defies this notion of "I wont fight my brother" BS..

• Like 2

What exactly do you not understand about the concept of changing one's mind, especially at the dusk of one's career?

Share it with us, we'll try to explain it to you in the simplest way possible.

girl-changes-her-mind.jpg

• Like 2

What exactly do you not understand about the concept of changing one's mind, especially at the dusk of one's career?

1c964f733a52a26c0d1e04995f7b0052241fa319

• Like 4

I feel like you are struggling with feelings of hurt and displease. Let us try to communicate better, without the feelings of despair you're going through.

256403-that-really-rustled-my-jimmies.pn

• Like 2

probably it will be like the boring sparring match we saw last event between cowboy and toothpick.

killer instinct,anger,hate > friendship,respect and love (in this case that is.. )

probably it will be like the boring sparring match we saw last event between cowboy and toothpick.

killer instinct,anger,hate > friendship,respect and love (in this case that is.. )

Yeah, honestly can't see the fight being booked let alone them actually trying to hurt each other in the octagon

Yeah, honestly can't see the fight being booked let alone them actually trying to hurt each other in the octagon

Nah, Machida didn't stop from putting the hurt on Muńoz. And he even cried afterwards.

1 Machida & Munzos arent as close friends as Machida & Anderson

2 I never saw Machida cry after that....

If anything, I think Anderson & Machida know Anderson wont be fighting much longer and agree its ok to test the waters

• Like 1

Heres' Silva on record talking about it in march 2014.

"I always said I wouldn’t fight teammates, but it’s not mutual," Silva told TV show "Altas Horas" in Brazil. "We take that very seriously at Team Nogueira, but Lyoto is not from Team Nogueira, neither is ‘Jacare’, so it’s a little vague. In every interview they gave, they said they would fight (me), so I can’t be any different" 

Machida has always been open to fighting The Spider.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/3/22/5534002/anderson-silva-would-fight-lyoto-machida-jacare-souza-ufc

Edit: Added link

Edited by Denizen
  • Like 2

This would be the most boring fight of all time anyway. On one hand you have the backpedaling runnin can Macheetah and Silva that has always been a counter striker. This would be 25 mins of feinting and dancing!

Please Dana....NEVER make this fight

because Machida was one of those idiots that actually thought Anderson was good, but now he realizes that he is a can and will fight him anytime

• Like 2

Lygoato has always been opened to fight Silva but it was Silva who never wanted to fight Lygoato. It is only now that Silva is no longer champ that he's open to fight Lygoato. Lygoato had always wanted to bang.

because Machida was one of those idiots that actually thought Anderson was good, but now he realizes that he is a can and will fight him anytime

Dude, you fail at basic MMA knowledge.

They have trained and sparred with each other a thousand times. Machida always knew he can beat Silva.

And Silva admitted many times in interviews than Lyoto is the only guy that regularly catches him in sparring.

Would bang

• Like 1

It would be a glorified sparring match that looked more like a salsa lesson with Megasoup except no one would get raped after except for the fans. 

• Like 3

Would bang

I don't know man. That looks like one of them Chris Hansen specials. I think 25-life is in store for that one.

Totally worth it