Sign in to follow this  
OfWolfandMan

Will you be more happy if Diaz or Silva wins?

Happiness Pole  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which will you be happier for?

As much as I respect and admire Silva, I feel Diaz is truly coming around (his recent interviews show him making a legit effort to prepare for and promote a fight) and would love to see him EARN a title shot. 

Also, this is more of an uphill fight for Diaz than Anderson. I am more inclined to think Anderson will TKO Nick, so it will be more of an accomplishment if Nick wins - more of an upset, IMHO.

Edited by OfWolfandMan

I aren't a fan of either guy but ideally Silva gets beaten by leg check TKO for Identity's sweet rustle.

I did want Silva to win until Uncle Dana decided winning gets Anderson a title fight.

• Like 1

Thanks for the multiple choice poll. Voted for both.

Only a few things can rustle my jimmies in this fight: under 2 minutes finish; early stoppage; br00tally leg checks aka fluke win.

• Like 2

I aren't a fan of either guy but ideally Silva gets beaten by leg check TKO for Identity's sweet rustle.

I did want Silva to win until Uncle Dana decided winning gets Anderson a title fight.

Yeah, I dont think hes deserving a title shot for beating Diaz, thats pretty flaky. Then again, if its Anderson vs Vitor...oh hells yes! (and yeah, I truly believe Vitor could beat WeidGOAT)

Thanks for the multiple choice poll. Voted for both.

Only a few things can rustle my jimmies in this fight: under 2 minutes finish; early stoppage; br00tally leg checks aka fluke win.

Your welcome - I wanted to expose any jackwagons who vote both :D

Silva.

Not a question I have to even think about.

That's only because Diaz rustled your entire country when he called out georges.

Every Canadian on this forum hates the Diaz brothers. 

29906170001_2586368235001_Nick-Diaz-Vign

Even after Pierre held on for dear life and won a point fight you guys are still mad as ****.

• Like 3

I voted both. I would be happy to see Diaz win because I love his style as a fighter, it's that dirty old school grind style, constant pressure on your opponent until you break him. Silva I would like to see win though so he can get his probably last shot at the mw belt that he held and defended for so long before he retires. All in all though, if anyone actually thinks Diaz even has a chance against Silva then they are quite delusional.

• Like 1

That's only because Diaz rustled your entire country when he called out georges.

29906170001_2586368235001_Nick-Diaz-Vign

Even after Pierre held on for dear life and won a point fight you guys are still mad as ****.

Maybe Diaz should learn there is more to an mma fight then taunting and flipping the bird.

That said, I hope Diaz beats Silva with 1 second left in the fight and that both come to showcase their skills. Silva should retire and Diaz then fights someone in whatever division he chooses in the top 10. Let him actually earn a shot through fighting and winning instead of losing and crying.

Maybe Diaz should learn there is more to an mma fight then taunting and flipping the bird.

That said, I hope Diaz beats Silva with 1 second left in the fight and that both come to showcase their skills. Silva should retire and Diaz then fights someone in whatever division he chooses in the top 10. Let him actually earn a shot through fighting and winning instead of losing and crying.

I like how everyone says he's "crying".

Dude didn't get the fight he wanted, so he said okay I won't fight.

Then the UFC gives him the fight he wants because he's a huge draw.

Doesn't fight for a year, they give him GSP. Doesn't fight for two years, they give him a super fight with Anderson.

Seems like his "**** you, pay me" strategy is working brilliantly. 

• Like 1

I like how everyone says he's "crying".

Dude didn't get the fight he wanted, so he said okay I won't fight.

Then the UFC gives him the fight he wants because he's a huge draw.

Doesn't fight for a year, they give him GSP. Doesn't fight for two years, they give him a super fight with Anderson.

Seems like his "**** you, pay me" strategy is working brilliantly. 

Not really, if he was more active he could have a better chance at beating those top guys rather than have a year or two off and go straight into fighting the best.

I could not possibly care less about that.

Not really, if he was more active he could have a better chance at beating those top guys rather than have a year or two off and go straight into fighting the best.

Nick Diaz took his first professional fight 14 years ago. He fought at UFC 44.

He's not that old as far as age goes, but he's a serious veteran and legend of the sport.

You see the way the UFC throws Dan Henderson and Shogun, and all their older fighters against these young kids to build up their resume?

Nick Diaz isn't playing that ****. He's going to get big name fights or he won't fight at all.

I say good for him. 

• Like 1

Nick Diaz took his first professional fight 14 years ago. He fought at UFC 44.

He's not that old as far as age goes, but he's a serious veteran and legend of the sport.

You see the way the UFC throws Dan Henderson and Shogun, and all their older fighters against these young kids to build up their resume?

Nick Diaz isn't playing that ****. He's going to get big name fights or he won't fight at all.

I say good for him. 

But it would be better for him if he kept active in the division fighting in the mix with the other top contenders rather than take a whole year or more off and go straight into a title fight against gsp or go to middleweight and fight the former goat of that division. All that time away from the cage could hinder his performance.

But it would be better for him if he kept active in the division fighting in the mix with the other top contenders rather than take a whole year or more off and go straight into a title fight against gsp or go to middleweight and fight the former goat of that division. All that time away from the cage could hinder his performance.

He has said he doesn't feel like climbing the rankings.

The dude was fighting for 14 years and 10 of those years he fought 3 times or more. 

He fought 6 times in 2002, and 5 times in 2006.

He's sick of fighting. He's only going to do it against an opponent he thinks is worthy and for a **** load of money.

He's willing to walk away forever and the UFC keeps crawling back to him.

Edited by 12er

Cage rust is over rated....Cruz, GSP, Petis & Cain all came back from over a year off and still dominated 

Diaz has been fighting for so long if anything some time away might have been the best thing for him to be more fresh and vibrant. Besides, its not like hes the only one in that cage coming off a long hiatus. 

He has said he doesn't feel like climbing the rankings.

The dude was fighting for 14 years and 10 of those years he fought 3 times or more. 

He fought 6 times in 2002, and 5 times in 2006.

He's sick of fighting. He's only going to do it against an opponent he thinks is worthy and for a **** load of money.

He's willing to walk away forever and the UFC keeps crawling back to him.

Ye, i understand what you are saying, I just though it might benefit him as a fighter to keep a little more active, but as @OfWolfandMan has said, maybe after all his years of fighting, staying less active could actually benefit him. Who knows.

Crazy feelings here. 

I would be happy to see Anderson coming back and winning but I didn't like the idea that if he wins he gets a title shot! I think Anderson should beat Diaz (if he does) and beat someone like Rockhold or Romero before event thinking about a title shot.

Now if Diaz wins, we might see Diaz getting a shot at Lawler (I would bet money UFC will try to make this happen) OR (you guys will call me crazy I know) I can see UFC giving Diaz a shot at 185 depending on his performance against Anderson.

Silva has more to lose imo even tho he's getting on a bit now and back from injury he's the bigger man and the GOAT, I just want to see a great fight which I know they will both put on but I see Silva winning in the end and as long as he doesn't get Forrest Griffin'd even if he loses I don't think it takes anything away from Nick.