Brad Tavares vs. Robert Whittaker - UFC Adelaide

xFINISHxHIMx

14 members have voted

1. 1. Brad Tavares vs. Robert Whittaker

• Brad Tavares
    • Robert Whittaker

Middleweights Brad Tavares and Robert Whittaker will meet in the co-main event of UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs. Miocic on May 10 in Adelaide, Australia, the UFC announced Tuesday.

Also announced by the UFC are fights between Australian veteran Anthony Perosh and Sean O'Connell, top Aussie prospect Jake Matthews and James Vick, Aussie women's star Bec Rawlings and Seo Hee Ham, Ultimate Fighter alum Dylan Andrews and Bradley Scott, Kailin Curran and Alex Chambers and Brendan O'Reilly and Vik Grujic.

026_Brad_Tavares.0.0.jpg

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/17/8055957/brad-tavares-vs-robert-whittaker-named-co-main-other-fights-added-to

Middleweights Brad Tavares and Robert Whittaker will meet in the co-main event of UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs. Miocic on May 10 in Adelaide, Australia, the UFC announced Tuesday.

Also announced by the UFC are fights between Australian veteran Anthony Perosh and Sean O'Connell, top Aussie prospect Jake Matthews and James Vick, Aussie women's star Bec Rawlings and Seo Hee Ham, Ultimate Fighter alum Dylan Andrews and Bradley Scott, Kailin Curran and Alex Chambers and Brendan O'Reilly and Vik Grujic.

026_Brad_Tavares.0.0.jpg

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/17/8055957/brad-tavares-vs-robert-whittaker-named-co-main-other-fights-added-to

POLE added to OG GOAT thread

http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/topic/179689-mark-hunt-vs-miocic-headlining-oz-event-in-may/

What's your beef with WMMA?

LOL... nah, I'm kidding.

Honda too stronk and another mismatch in the co main.  Raquel Pennington on the main card is a joke.  Having her in the co main event... lol.

I don't see how they didn't bump a couple of washed up welterweight names in Ellenburger and Koscheck to the co main slot.

Honda too stronk and another mismatch in the co main.  Raquel Pennington on the main card is a joke.  Having her in the co main event... lol.

I don't see how they didn't bump a couple of washed up welterweight names in Ellenburger and Koscheck to the co main slot.

They want everyone to see Raquel Pennington get her head kicked off. That's not cool either. 

I'm not okay with these McGregor vs. Siver, Holm vs. Pennington one-sided beatdowns. Those matches are stupid.

Tavares gonna do some can crushing, he too big and too stronk for ****taker

Very close in size.  Height, weight, build, reach.

I think it's a good fight.  Whittaker should have moved up in weight sooner.  He was cutting too much for welterweight.  I do favor Tavares but then again he got knocked out by Boetsch in a fight he was winning.

Very close in size.  Height, weight, build, reach.

I think it's a good fight.  Whittaker should have moved up in weight sooner.  He was cutting too much for welterweight.  I do favor Tavares but then again he got knocked out by Boetsch in a fight he was winning.

They might be close in size, but I very much doubt Tavares could make 170, probably not even close. As far as the fight with Boetsch, the barbarian has made a career out of those kind of come from behind wins and can KO anybody in his division, Brad got caught.

Tavaress only recent losses were to Boetsch and Poomero who are both big MW's, Whittaker got beat by Thompson and CAN Crusher Mcgee, neither of which are that big. Whittaker got TKO by Wonderboy and I guarantee Tavares hits harder than that. I'm gonna stick with Tavares as I think he's faced tougher competition, and I thought he looked more composed and confident in his last fight.

They might be close in size, but I very much doubt Tavares could make 170, probably not even close. As far as the fight with Boetsch, the barbarian has made a career out of those kind of come from behind wins and can KO anybody in his division, Brad got caught.

Tavaress only recent losses were to Boetsch and Poomero who are both big MW's, Whittaker got beat by Thompson and CAN Crusher Mcgee, neither of which are that big. Whittaker got TKO by Wonderboy and I guarantee Tavares hits harder than that. I'm gonna stick with Tavares as I think he's faced tougher competition, and I thought he looked more composed and confident in his last fight.

Did you see Whittaker take Heaters shots? He said it himself he couldn't hear properly at WW. He feels much stronger at MW and can take heavier blows. Whittaker is also much faster than Tavares. By a long shot. If Tavares doesn't put him away in the first expect a late TKO from Rob

Tavaress only recent losses were to Boetsch and Poomero who are both big MW's, Whittaker got beat by Thompson and CAN Crusher Mcgee, neither of which are that big. Whittaker got TKO by Wonderboy and I guarantee Tavares hits harder than that. I'm gonna stick with Tavares as I think he's faced tougher competition, and I thought he looked more composed and confident in his last fight.

Tavares doesn't hit harder than Wonderboy homie.

Tavares hasn't finished anyone since he TKO'd Phil Baroni in 2011. Dude has pillow fists. 

Tavares will win a 30-27 UD.

Tavares would brutally body Hester, m8. I have no clue who will win this fight, though.... I'm going with Tavares.

Tavares hasn;t bodied anyone since 2011 and that was Phil ****ing Baroni..... He was taken to a split decision to Tom ****ing Watson. He bodies nobody.

Whittaker gonna outstrike this can 3-1 and TKO in the third. Blee dat! 

• 2 months later...

Archived