Sign in to follow this  
xFINISHxHIMx

Brad Tavares vs. Robert Whittaker - UFC Adelaide

14 members have voted

1. 1. Brad Tavares vs. Robert Whittaker

• Brad Tavares
    • Robert Whittaker

Middleweights Brad Tavares and Robert Whittaker will meet in the co-main event of UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs. Miocic on May 10 in Adelaide, Australia, the UFC announced Tuesday.

Also announced by the UFC are fights between Australian veteran Anthony Perosh and Sean O'Connell, top Aussie prospect Jake Matthews and James Vick, Aussie women's star Bec Rawlings and Seo Hee Ham, Ultimate Fighter alum Dylan Andrews and Bradley Scott, Kailin Curran and Alex Chambers and Brendan O'Reilly and Vik Grujic.

026_Brad_Tavares.0.0.jpg

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/17/8055957/brad-tavares-vs-robert-whittaker-named-co-main-other-fights-added-to

Middleweights Brad Tavares and Robert Whittaker will meet in the co-main event of UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs. Miocic on May 10 in Adelaide, Australia, the UFC announced Tuesday.

Also announced by the UFC are fights between Australian veteran Anthony Perosh and Sean O'Connell, top Aussie prospect Jake Matthews and James Vick, Aussie women's star Bec Rawlings and Seo Hee Ham, Ultimate Fighter alum Dylan Andrews and Bradley Scott, Kailin Curran and Alex Chambers and Brendan O'Reilly and Vik Grujic.

026_Brad_Tavares.0.0.jpg

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/17/8055957/brad-tavares-vs-robert-whittaker-named-co-main-other-fights-added-to

POLE added to OG GOAT thread

http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/topic/179689-mark-hunt-vs-miocic-headlining-oz-event-in-may/

• Like 1

Breaking news 18 hours after me homie

Where's your thread, m8? I wanna check it and r8 it 8/8, Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8, m8. See you l8er, m8.

• Like 1

Where's your thread, m8? I wanna check it and r8 it 8/8, Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8, m8. See you l8er, m8.

I r8 this gr8 post 88.88/ 88.88 m8 too many h8er's h8n these days

• Like 1

What's your beef with WMMA?

LOL... nah, I'm kidding.

Honda too stronk and another mismatch in the co main.  Raquel Pennington on the main card is a joke.  Having her in the co main event... lol.

I don't see how they didn't bump a couple of washed up welterweight names in Ellenburger and Koscheck to the co main slot.

Edited by CorporalClegg209
  • Like 3

Honda too stronk and another mismatch in the co main.  Raquel Pennington on the main card is a joke.  Having her in the co main event... lol.

I don't see how they didn't bump a couple of washed up welterweight names in Ellenburger and Koscheck to the co main slot.

They want everyone to see Raquel Pennington get her head kicked off. That's not cool either. 

I'm not okay with these McGregor vs. Siver, Holm vs. Pennington one-sided beatdowns. Those matches are stupid.

• Like 1

They're trying to feed Whittaker a can and it's going to backfire in their faces.

Even Tavares isn't a big enough can to lose this fight.

I honestly doubted Whittaker against Hester.

And he proved me wrong.

But Tavares just seems to be some guy that just gets in the way of other guys.

I don't imagine ill actually care to watch the fight..

But I might have to as ill probably go to the event.

Tavares gonna do some can crushing, he too big and too stronk for ****taker

Very close in size.  Height, weight, build, reach.

I think it's a good fight.  Whittaker should have moved up in weight sooner.  He was cutting too much for welterweight.  I do favor Tavares but then again he got knocked out by Boetsch in a fight he was winning.

I don't know how to call this.  As much as Whittaker's win over Hester was awesome, he was getting tagged way too much

Brad Tavares is like Bisping if Bisping was as much of a can as Brad Tavares

I think it's finally time to ignore your posts, mate. 

You're the new idrankyourbeer smfh.

• Like 6

I think it's finally time to ignore your posts, mate. 

You're the new idrankyourbeer smfh.

That's exactly what a Micro$oft shill would say, I've been tracking your posts for a while and I'm about to expose you and yours ties them. I had always thought it was weird that you were a Demetrious Johnson 'fan'

• Like 4

Very close in size.  Height, weight, build, reach.

I think it's a good fight.  Whittaker should have moved up in weight sooner.  He was cutting too much for welterweight.  I do favor Tavares but then again he got knocked out by Boetsch in a fight he was winning.

They might be close in size, but I very much doubt Tavares could make 170, probably not even close. As far as the fight with Boetsch, the barbarian has made a career out of those kind of come from behind wins and can KO anybody in his division, Brad got caught.

Tavaress only recent losses were to Boetsch and Poomero who are both big MW's, Whittaker got beat by Thompson and CAN Crusher Mcgee, neither of which are that big. Whittaker got TKO by Wonderboy and I guarantee Tavares hits harder than that. I'm gonna stick with Tavares as I think he's faced tougher competition, and I thought he looked more composed and confident in his last fight.

They might be close in size, but I very much doubt Tavares could make 170, probably not even close. As far as the fight with Boetsch, the barbarian has made a career out of those kind of come from behind wins and can KO anybody in his division, Brad got caught.

Tavaress only recent losses were to Boetsch and Poomero who are both big MW's, Whittaker got beat by Thompson and CAN Crusher Mcgee, neither of which are that big. Whittaker got TKO by Wonderboy and I guarantee Tavares hits harder than that. I'm gonna stick with Tavares as I think he's faced tougher competition, and I thought he looked more composed and confident in his last fight.

Did you see Whittaker take Heaters shots? He said it himself he couldn't hear properly at WW. He feels much stronger at MW and can take heavier blows. Whittaker is also much faster than Tavares. By a long shot. If Tavares doesn't put him away in the first expect a late TKO from Rob

Tavaress only recent losses were to Boetsch and Poomero who are both big MW's, Whittaker got beat by Thompson and CAN Crusher Mcgee, neither of which are that big. Whittaker got TKO by Wonderboy and I guarantee Tavares hits harder than that. I'm gonna stick with Tavares as I think he's faced tougher competition, and I thought he looked more composed and confident in his last fight.

Tavares doesn't hit harder than Wonderboy homie.

Tavares hasn't finished anyone since he TKO'd Phil Baroni in 2011. Dude has pillow fists. 

Tavares will win a 30-27 UD.

Edited by 12er

Tavares doesn't hit harder than Wonderboy homie.

Tavares hasn't finished anyone since he TKO'd Phil Baroni in 2011. Dude has pillow fists. 

Tavares will win a 30-27 UD.

How's he gonna win a UD when getting outstuck in every round?

How's he gonna win a UD when getting outstuck in every round?

He wont get outstruck is the obvious answer.

Whittaker isn't fighting Colton Smith again.

He wont get outstruck is the obvious answer.

Whittaker isn't fighting Colton Smith again.

No but he's fighting someone who doesn't come close to Hester, who he outstruck...

Edited by Ozpride

No but he's fighting someone who doesn't come close to Hester, who he outstruck...

Tavares would brutally body Hester, m8. I have no clue who will win this fight, though.... I'm going with Tavares.

Tavares would brutally body Hester, m8. I have no clue who will win this fight, though.... I'm going with Tavares.

Tavares hasn;t bodied anyone since 2011 and that was Phil ****ing Baroni..... He was taken to a split decision to Tom ****ing Watson. He bodies nobody.

Whittaker gonna outstrike this can 3-1 and TKO in the third. Blee dat! 

:ph34r:

Whitaker rekt his angus badly 

The worst I've seen since A getting bodied by B not too long ago 

• Like 1

Whittaker's striking is so fun to watch, crazy power in his hands

Agreed! Some bloke at the fights said he reminds him of prime Chuck and after that win and his raw chest beating GOATness I have to agree