Rousey on the Verge of Cleaning out Women's MMA?

Jolldan

Rousey has pretty much wiped out her entire division in terms of legitimate contenders.

The latest in line to try and shock the champ is undefeated Cat Zingano.

This should provide Rousey her toughest test to date and if she wins she's left Dana in a very hard place.

White even joked "She's gonna have to start fighting men if she walks through Cat Zingano,"

If Ronda Rousey walks through Cat Zingano the way she has walked through every body else, I don't know what to do with her," White said.

It is a real problem she's wiped out most of the top 10 in her division with the few she hasn't mostly coming off a loss.

The UFC have to prospects who could challenge Rousey for the title in Bethe Correia and Holly Holm but they will probably need another two or three wins each to be seriously considered.

The only other big names left for Ronda to fight are Gina Carano who will not likely be available for the considerable future after just signing up to the Deadpool movie.

and

Cristiane Justino she's seen as the biggest challenge there really is at this point in time for Ronda. If Rousey does clear out Cat in spectacular fashion look for Dana to be making this one happen.

I agree with what you're saying Jolldan. But I don't think Rousey deserves the hype everyone is putting on her. She may have cleaned out her division but she shouldnt have. Such a one dimensional fighter shouldn't be able to walk through everybody like she is. The problem is none of these wemon are prepared to defend properly against Rousey.

I agree with what you're saying Jolldan. But I don't think Rousey deserves the hype everyone is putting on her. She may have cleaned out her division but she shouldnt have. Such a one dimensional fighter shouldn't be able to walk through everybody like she is. The problem is none of these wemon are prepared to defend properly against Rousey.

The real thing that shows the difference in class & skill is just how she's winning her fights. I agree with you that the division isn't the deepest in the UFC women's MMA as a whole is still growing and maturing in the UFC.

However here current batch of records is impressive undefeated, finished every fight, not lost a round and only had one fighter make it out of a round with her. It's still early days in terms of her career but not even Jones, Siva or Aldo holds records like that.

The scary thing is I agree to an extent she's still a one dimensional fighter. Her boxing and overall striking game is improving each fight but she's still very much a Judoka. So everyone she faces knows what to expect from her and what her strengths are and still they can't seem to do anything to stop it.

LoL This is a horrible post.

You mention that she shouldn't have cleaned out her division but you also mention that "none of these wemon are prepared to defend properly against Rousey". If no one is preparing to fight Ronda properly, I'd say it makes sense that she has cleaned out the division.

You mention she is one dimensional yet she has submission and KO wins on her record and has never gone to a decision.

Rousey is much better than everyone in her weight class, deal with it.

If she does beat Cat they'll probably hype up Holly Holm as the next big challenge.

After that I don't really see anyone left. Maybe they'll start doing "super fights" against the straw weights?

Holly won't be ready for at least a year IMO. 

And if they make superfights with straws, Ronda will beast them in like 45 seconds.

Ronda may kill a straw weight wimmen fighter.

After Ronda destroys Cat, I imagine they will hype a fight with her and Betche next, followed by Holm if she doesn't get derailed.

I think Cat would beat either of those two handily, so I'm really dreading any fights for Ronda after Cat.

She's thoroughly haped the division's best already. I could actually see her going undefeated for years to come.

Ronda may kill a straw weight wimmen fighter.

After Ronda destroys Cat, I imagine they will hype a fight with her and Betche next, followed by Holm if she doesn't get derailed.

Who is betche? Never seen or heard anything about her. You don't think they'll try and make the cyborg fight next?

This could all be conjecture, I have a feeling this Kat chick is going to put up one hell of a fight. Kat has hands, and is ferocious for a chick. I expect a sick was from these two. 

We might be seeing a rematch next.

Who is betche? Never seen or heard anything about her. You don't think they'll try and make the cyborg fight next?

This could all be conjecture, I have a feeling this Kat chick is going to put up one hell of a fight. Kat has hands, and is ferocious for a chick. I expect a sick was from these two. 

isdKhBQmHemr.gif

Rousey has pretty much wiped out her entire division in terms of legitimate contenders.

The latest in line to try and shock the champ is undefeated Cat Zingano.

This should provide Rousey her toughest test to date and if she wins she's left Dana in a very hard place.

White even joked "She's gonna have to start fighting men if she walks through Cat Zingano,"

If Ronda Rousey walks through Cat Zingano the way she has walked through every body else, I don't know what to do with her," White said.

It is a real problem she's wiped out most of the top 10 in her division with the few she hasn't mostly coming off a loss.

The UFC have to prospects who could challenge Rousey for the title in Bethe Correia and Holly Holm but they will probably need another two or three wins each to be seriously considered.

The only other big names left for Ronda to fight are Gina Carano who will not likely be available for the considerable future after just signing up to the Deadpool movie.

and

Cristiane Justino she's seen as the biggest challenge there really is at this point in time for Ronda. If Rousey does clear out Cat in spectacular fashion look for Dana to be making this one happen.

I'd pay to watch her embarass Brock Lesnar if he comes back and they'd allow it lol

Betche is the bish that has beaten 3 of the 4 girls that Ronda refers to as the "Four Horsewomen". lol

LoL This is a horrible post.

You mention that she shouldn't have cleaned out her division but you also mention that "none of these wemon are prepared to defend properly against Rousey". If no one is preparing to fight Ronda properly, I'd say it makes sense that she has cleaned out the division.

You mention she is one dimensional yet she has submission and KO wins on her record and has never gone to a decision.

Rousey is much better than everyone in her weight class, deal with it.

all she did was spam armbars and have a couple of lucky KO'

Funny because I was thinking the same last night.

I personally dont care for WMMA and I hope, I really hope Ronda beats Cat and Holm so this way UFC starts to have a hard time selling WMMA. I really hope the champ (Ronda) runs completely out of challengers and WMMA becomes irrelevant.

The upcoming PPV is ended up being a "girls night out" card!

Funny because I was thinking the same last night.

I personally dont care for WMMA and I hope, I really hope Ronda beats Cat and Holm so this way UFC starts to have a hard time selling WMMA. I really hope the champ (Ronda) runs completely out of challengers and WMMA becomes irrelevant.

The upcoming PPV is ended up being a "girls night out" card!

Dana saw this coming. That's why he created the straw weight division.

Oh I agree but Ronda continually ducks the best of WMMA(lol). She hasn't fought anyone even close to Cyborg's caliber and Carano could still beat most of the division, even out of training.

People seriously over estimate Carano. I'm sure if she came back focued and trained hard she could do some damage in the division, but she'd get worked by Cat, McMan, Tate and probably more if they just threw her on a card right off the street.

Meh, just keep recycling the old contenders. Ronda will eventually rematch Cat, Sarah McMann, Sarah Kaufman, Alexis Davis, and do a trilogy fight with Miesha.  She'll fight Bethe Corriea at least once, as well as Julianna Pena and Jessica Eye. She can retire with another 8 to 10 fights and claim to be the best ever. How many times have Pacquiao and Mayweather boxed the same dudes?

If she does beat Cat they'll probably hype up Holly Holm as the next big challenge.

After that I don't really see anyone left. Maybe they'll start doing "super fights" against the straw weights?

Wouldn't be fair, those straw weights are tiny compared to the 135er. 

Archived