UFC's call to action against PED's

Most_Known_Unknown

Isn't increased testing irrelevant when the penalties are the same? The UFC has had little to no effect on the commission in the past, why would they listen to Dana now? As long as you continue to get a 9 month suspension for cheating no one will care. Even if Cain got a 2 year suspension after every fight it wouldn't effect his schedule......lol

Isn't increased testing irrelevant when the penalties are the same? The UFC has had little to no effect on the commission in the past, why would they listen to Dana now? As long as you continue to get a 9 month suspension for cheating no one will care. Even if Cain got a 2 year suspension after every fight it wouldn't effect his schedule......lol

Lorenzo said the UFC supports a 4 year ban for first time PED offenders.

Whether or not that will actually happen is yet to be seen.

• Like 4

It says they will advocate for longer and harsher penalties

Who knows if that's true but they are saying the right things

Getting popped should instantly drop you to the bottom of the rankings. Of course the UFC would have to make the rankings mean something first.

With some tweaking this could make sense because as of July the rankings actually mean something since it will determine the amount of sponser money you get.

Something like you get your suspension then once your suspension is up you can not be ranked no matter how many times or what fights you win for one year

It's wack do coke get away with it smoke dope 30 days prior to competition get BANT brilliant... THC stays in the system for 30 days or more. COKE is in and out within 48 hours big diff and i guess MMA fighters can be crack heads.

Edited by PakaL

Who here thinks Andy's next fight is for the strap?

I do.

Spider is done fighting..IF he did fight again they can't give him a title shot now and all the pre fight talk would be about how he probably cheated his whole career and his legacy is tainted

He doesn't want to deal with that or those types of questions and i doubt the UFC does either..Silva will go away for a few years and hide in the shadows until a card in 2018/2019 needs help and they put him into the HOF on it with a little ceremony in octagon. But outside of that don't expect to hear much from the spider

Why would Andy be done?

Lots of guys been popped for roids and gone on to fight and win.\

Tim Silvia and Sean Sherk had title fights coming off their roid suspensions.

(Vitor is waiting for his title shot and he;s been busted 18 times)

Because now the UFC has to worry about losing big name sponsorships and the FOX deal. 

There is a reason Dana isn't leading press conferences like he used to, it's because his rash behavior and foul mouth isn't good for their brand. 

Personally that's why I loved him.

• Like 1

Nothing will change. The guys that need this the most are at the end of their career and don't care if they get perma banned. Also, okay I just got randomly tested, it will probably be a while before I get tested again. I can juice for a few months now. What's to stop from people gaming the system. 

I'ts kind of **** that Diaz can't smoke weed a week or longer before a fight but Jones can smoke rock before the pre-fight press conference on wednesday and be fine.

It's rediculous. I can guarantee I'm far more wired a couple of days after coke than I am two weeks after smoking a joint. Idgaf what my piss test says

• Like 1