This is the age of consent for sex around the world

fobar

So the US has comparable chastity to Iraq? wtf....

And yeah, I've never gotten young kids ****ing each other.  My ex GF hooked up with a 18 year old when she was 13, a 21 year old when she was 15, who she later married.  I think it's just hardwired in her though, She was 24 and I was 31 when we dated, the guy she's seeing now is 39.  

• Like 2

The legal age for consensual sex varies across Australian state and territory jurisdictions (see Table 1). The age of consent is 16 years of age in the Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Victoria and Western Australia. In Tasmania and South Australia the age of consent is 17 years of age. Queensland is the only state that makes a distinction between different forms of sexual activity and the age of consent. In Queensland, the age of consent for **** sex (referred to as sodomy in legislation) is 18 years of age, while the age of consent for all other sexual behaviour (described as carnal knowledge) is 16 years of age.

Table 1: Legal defences of age of consent laws State Legislation Age of consent

ACT

Crimes Act 1900(Section 55)(link is external)

The age of consent for sexual interactions is 16 years.

If a person is charged with engaging in sexual activities with a person under the legal age, a legal defence is outlined in section 55(3). It states that:

It is a defence to a prosecution for an offence against subsection (2) if the defendant establishes that -

(a) he or she believed on reasonable grounds that the person on whom the offence is alleged to have been committed was of or above the age of 16 years; or

(B) at the time of the alleged offence -

(i) the person on whom the offence is alleged to have been committed was of or above the age of 10 years; and

(ii) the defendant was not more than 2 years older; and that that person consented to the sexual intercourse.

NSW

Crimes Act 1900(Section 66C)(link is external)

There is no legal defence in legislation when charges are made to a person charged with engaging in sexual activities with a person under the legal age.

NT

Criminal Code Act 1983 (Section 127)(link is external)

Age of consent for sexual interactions is 16 years.

If a person is charged with engaging in sexual activities with a person under the legal age, a legal defence is outlined in section 127(4). It states that:

It is a defence to a charge of a crime defined by this section to prove:

(a) the child was of or above the age of 14 years; AND

(B) the accused person believed on reasonable grounds that the child was of or above the age of 16 years.

QLD

Criminal Code Act 1899 (Sections 208 and 215)(link is external)

The age of consent for **** sex (referred to as sodomy in legislation) is 18 years, and for all other sexual acts (referred to as carnal knowledge in legislation) is 16 years.

If a person is charged with engaging in sexual activities with a person under the legal age, a legal defence is outlined in section 215(5). It states that:

If the offence is alleged to have been committed in respect of a child of or above the age of 12 years, it is a defence to prove that the accused person believed, on reasonable grounds, that the child was of or above the age of 16 years.

Note: This defence does not apply to acts of sodomy.

SA

Criminal Law Consolidation Act 1935 (Section 49)(link is external)

The age of consent for sexual interactions is 17 years.

If a person is charged with engaging in sexual activities with a person under the legal age, a legal defence is outlined in section 49(4). It states that:

It shall be a defence to a charge under subsection (3) to prove that -

(a) the person with whom the accused is alleged to have had sexual intercourse was, on the date on which the offence is alleged to have been committed, of or above the age of sixteen years; and

(B) the accused -

(i) was, on the date on which the offence is alleged to have been committed, under the age of seventeen years; or

(ii) believed on reasonable grounds that the person with whom he is alleged to have had sexual intercourse was of or above the age of seventeen years.

TAS

Criminal Code Act 1924 (Section 124)(link is external)

The age of consent for sexual interactions is 17 years.

If a person is charged with engaging in sexual activities with a person under the legal age, a legal defence is outlined in section 124(2). It states:

It is a defence to a charge under this section to prove that the accused person believed on reasonable grounds that the other person was of or above the age of 17 years.

Subsection (3) describes the defence against this charge:

The consent of a person against whom a crime is alleged to have been committed under this section is a defence to such a charge only where, at the time the crime was alleged to have been committed -

(a) that person was of or above the age of 15 years and the accused person was not more than 5 years older than that person; or

(B) that person was of or above the age of 12 years and the accused person was not more than 3 years older than that person.

VIC

Crimes Act 1958(Section 45)(link is external)

If a person is charged with engaging in sexual activities with a person under the legal age, a legal defence is outlined in section 45(4). It states that:

Consent is not a defence to a charge unless at the time of the alleged offence the child was aged 12 or older and -

(a) the accused satisfies the court on the balance of probabilities that he or she believed on reasonable grounds that the child was aged 16 or older; or

(B) the accused was not more than 2 years older than the child; or

© the accused satisfies the court on the balance of probabilities that he or she believed on reasonable grounds that he or she was married to the child.

WA

Criminal Code Act Compilation Act 1913 (Section 321)(link is external)

If a person is charged with engaging in sexual activities with a person under the legal age, a legal defence is outlined in section 321(9-10). It states that:

It is a defence to a charge under this section to prove the accused person -

(a) believed on reasonable grounds that the child was of or over the age of 16 years; and

(B) was not more than 3 years older than the child.

Note: Under subsection 9(a) it is no defence if the child was under the care or supervision of the accused person. Under subsection 10, it is a defence to a charge to move that the accused was lawfully married to the child.

I'm a young 23

And it depends on the girl

You would bang. Trust me

Bro, I would theoretically **** a 17 year old, is she was insanely hot and somehow walked in to the room while i was masturbating.  But aside from that, not going to happen scenario, just no, I feel weird about 18 too

• Like 4

Bro, I would theoretically **** a 17 year old, is she was insanely hot and somehow walked in to the room while i was masturbating.  But aside from that, not going to happen scenario, just no, I feel weird about 18 too

That's what i mean. I would bang but i wouldn't be sending roses or serenading

My GF is 10 years younger.  It gets different though once girls are in their 20s.  Teen anything is just no. 

Yeah 19 as a 29 year old didn't make me feel too good about myself.  I started thinking about how she was in like the 1st grade the first time I was scoring.

New rule is she needs to be able to get in a bar.  If she has a fake ID... well I'll have to think about it.

• Like 3

You're not a top 5 Australian you phony, I'm going to have the votes reviewed and you and anyone that voted for you will be perma banned from Forum Awards

lol, even if I get DQ'd from the top 5 you're still behind Jabrahams and Tezzarooney.  The best you'll hit is 7th m8 :lol:

Edit:  Forgot about Tahune. Bro, you've fallen off :lol:

Edited by crangs
  • Like 2