McGregor cheapest ticket likely price???..

rackydj

like the title says..

im looking to travel across with friends for the mcgregor/aldo fight at the mgm and i was wondering if anybody had an idea on what the cheapest ticket price is likely to be???..

will it be similar to the $60 or so most events are???..

many thanks :) ..

what is the usual price for mgm and back row at prior events held there?..

i really am lost as to why they would price hike on a bigger venue like the mgm.. other than mcgregor fight prior cards are looking better in all honesty if certain rumours are correct on other possible fighters for the 189 card ..

187 is stacked so im guessing the price is likely to be similar to that but just wanted a kind of possible heads up :) ..

anybody else want to hazard a guess at cheapest possible ticket pricing for mcgregor/aldo?..

Edited by rackydj

MGM isn't a bigger venue. It's quite a bit smaller than most NBA/NHL arenas that they would run in other cities.

cool mate i was unaware :) .. 

i thought 16 thousand sounded quite decent compared to some attendances i have heard prior.. 

any idea on usual back row cost within the mgm for ufc?..

also would it be beneficial for me to join the pre sale on the site closer to fight pre sale date?..

i ask because i planned to wait till the tickets went on public sale but for some reason i never saw them go public for the mendes/lamas fight via ticketmaster and ive only seen them available at a higher cost through 3rd party sale sites making me think pre sale should be a better move rather than chancing risk..

is availability ever a big issue with pre sale if i was to purchase prior and get my tickets via there?..

Edited by rackydj

its his career ufc make or break fight already and the guy knows it pal.. he knows he cant do anything else but leave the lot in there and that makes him a dangerous guy imo.. 

his enigma dies with a ufc loss and he has nothing more than 1 more serious fight within the establishment after that and it would be a come back fight then thats the end of him and he be on the normality pile.. 

ive followed this guy for a long time and hes a total different breed mate to his 2 loss record.. his mentality dipped a little bit after the siver fight but hes wide awake again upstairs where it counts and aslong as he goes in with that mentality of bein wide awake pal hes a dangerous man..

hes not silly he got where he is quick time within the establishment and he has more to loose than aldo imo but nothing to loose in the same sentence as he simply has no other option but to flog him..

hes a dangerous man imo for aldo at this moment in time after that mendes fight and it wouldnt shock me if aldo pulls out of fighting mcgregor.. hence sorting my flights and accomodation as late as the week prior :) ..

Edited by rackydj

like i said its the wrong fight totally upstairs for aldo in my opinion after mendes.. he really needed a set scener if you get what i mean by the termination and not a person in the position conor is.. eg fresh faced, dizzy eyed and with pritty much the whole of the ufc to proove wrong..

imho.. 

if aldo shows up he gets bopped..

mcgregors dangerous, hungry as fook, mentality is wide awake and hes in the position i saw an interview of his years ago where he talks of this time now within the ufc.. i just dont see the lad working for this moment to fluff it especially not after all the graft hes put into working the ufc to get the fight.. hahaha  B) ..

my only doubt with conor is i have tore my posteriorlateral of my cruciate ligament, medial ligament, lateral ligament, medial meniscus and had a bone marrow contusion all in 1 go in my left knee and his acl injury is always a worry for me but then again i wasnt flown to america for the best of the best surgery and given a double band reconstructtion like he will have recieved.. 

but i know how that mentaly changed me as a person and sent my head funny and again its nothing more than added chunks to his armour and adds to the lads drive i can see it in him..

like i said.. fight goes down aldo gets bopped.. his head wont of recoverd from mendes showin imo..

if it goes wrong for mcgregor itll be aldos rematch if bein champ all gets to mcgregor and his mentality of being wide awake like at present slips :) .. 

I spent $198 a piece for the little fight night card in Fairfax, I saw tickets in the $100 range.  I feel like for that venue and card it's going to sell out really fast and there will be massive markups on seats through Stubhub.  I would like to go to that card and I've considered buying a bunch of good seats and selling them off higher to try and free roll the trip 

I spent $198 a piece for the little fight night card in Fairfax, I saw tickets in the $100 range.  I feel like for that venue and card it's going to sell out really fast and there will be massive markups on seats through Stubhub.  I would like to go to that card and I've considered buying a bunch of good seats and selling them off higher to try and free roll the trip 

Stubhub is ridiculous.

Try vividseats...way cheaper than stubhub

Here's the pricing info for 187 at the same venue: http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/topic/179816-ufc-187-fight-club-pre-sale-34-at-10am-pt/

I expect 189 to be equal, or more.

cheers mate for the reply :) ..

i cant understand why 189 would be higher priced than 187 though at all :)..

the overall card at 187 going by rumour of 189 card fighters.. 187 is better.. its memorial weekend and no matter how you look at it mayweather/pacman will be a massive travelling coup now over mcgregor with that fight being hyped for however many years and the pull boxing has compared to the ufc.. 

i love mcgregor and the ufc as a main dont get me wrong but even ill admit he doesnt have the pull power just yet of a ricky hatton  B) ..

unless they get dealing with the 189 card and making it worth more than 187 im lost as to why it wouldnt be priced equal or less..

not being off with you buddy and cheers for your reply :) .. 

p.s.. would you advise i take out the pre sale option pal in your opinion?.. 

Edited by rackydj

Although the 187 card seems like it will end up being better, with 189, between Brazilian fans travelling to support Aldo, and Irish fans travelling to support McGregor, plus it being International Fight Week, which already draws in more fans than usual, the tickets will be in far bigger demand for 189 than 187 (Jones/Cormier, despite being a huge PPV fight, didn't even sell out MGM), and thus, they can likely charge the same, if not more.

And yes, I would recommend getting a paid Fight Club account to do the pre-sale. You also usually get some fun perks during International Fight Week as well, so if there's any event worth doing that for, it's the July PPV.

Although the 187 card seems like it will end up being better, with 189, between Brazilian fans travelling to support Aldo, and Irish fans travelling to support McGregor, plus it being International Fight Week, which already draws in more fans than usual, the tickets will be in far bigger demand for 189 than 187 (Jones/Cormier, despite being a huge PPV fight, didn't even sell out MGM), and thus, they can likely charge the same, if not more.

And yes, I would recommend getting a paid Fight Club account to do the pre-sale. You also usually get some fun perks during International Fight Week as well, so if there's any event worth doing that for, it's the July PPV.

cool matey  :) ..

yea plan is to do 9th to the 14th stay wise so the weigh in on the fri and the expo at sands on the sat then fight night is what were looking at.. once fight tickets are finalised i will then obtain the expo tickets..

could we expect mcgregor at the expo on the sat pos?.. or you reckon fight prep will take presence over promo for the ufc?..

Edited by rackydj