Selling my piece of **** car

12еr

So I put an ad on craigs list for my car, the blue book value selling it privately was like 1450. I put it for $900 because there's some cosmetic damage and I think there's a problem with the thermostat or it's slowly leaking coolant. Either way, I didn't expect to get any hits. I did just for the hell of it and I was planning to donate the car and use it for a tax right off.

Well I ended up getting a call from a dude, he asks for pictures which I texted to him and he decides he'll take it for 900 tomorrow morning. So naturally I was pretty pumped. 

I go online and start filling out some sales transfer forms, I have my registration and what in my eternal retardation I thought was the title to the car. It was just the title registration that they gave me at the DOL after I turned in the title from the old owner.... I was supposed to get a title in the mail. That was two years ago and it's just now occurring to me that I don't have an actual title.

Next two hours were me freaking out trying to find a title in vein, then trying to figure out how I can get a title. So I have to go to the DMV at 8:00 in the morning tomorrow and pay 50 quadludes out of that 900 profit to get an emergency title. 

This dude wanted to me at 10, but this place doesn't open until 9, so I don't know. 

I trashed my house looking for that ****, which is so counter-productive considering I'm supposed to be cleaning this **** hole in anticipation of moving out starting monday. 

So one the plus side, I get to sell my car and make some money I didn't think I'd get. On the other hand, I have to get up in 7 hours to do it, and I'm not tired at all.

Oh and I have to continue wiping down the walls of my house with ammonia because the military makes you do retarded **** in order to leave.

• Like 12

This is HUGE!

It really is, because getting rid of my car was one of my bigger worries. And the expenses are piling up, so 900 bones will do me well in future. 

I feel like knocking 500 off the listed value price is a square deal. Especially since it was the price for the card in fair condition. 

It said a dealership would give me 800... but they wouldn't, they'd offer me 300 and by the end of the week I'd have to take it, or donate it. Either way I need the title, so kind of lucky that it came up tonight before I was totally out time.

• Like 5

Alright, MegaSoup.  Anyway, glad you were able to dump the car for some cash.  But from what you said, I think I can fix the car with little money.  Just saying. 

Yea the fixes are minor, but it made no sense to pay 1000 dollars to ship a car that is only worth 1500 across the country.

Got 900 bones for it from some Lebanese guy. It all worked out in the end.

• Like 7

Yea the fixes are minor, but it made no sense to pay 1000 dollars to ship a car that is only worth 1500 across the country.

Got 900 bones for it from some Lebanese guy. It all worked out in the end.

I moved my family across country twice.  Drove all the way from PA to CA.  It's not fun when you have little ones.