Question for those of you that workout

OfWolfandMan

And by workout I mean do more than a casual jog or bike ride - meaning you actually push yourself to improve yourself. What do you prefer when you struggle - positive motivation "Cmon! You can do it! YAAAAAYY!!", or more of a hard approach "Keep going mothafuka! Lift that **** you ****!"?

My wife & her sister tend to like the rainbows & sunshine approach. However, due to my military background, Ive learned to respond best when someone calls me out and talks **** to me.I really cant workout with anyone who doesnt share the same approach. Its very counter intuitive.

Self motivation is the best for me. I was always big on keeping track of my performance, and always pushing to do more, or do it faster. Now, I'm more of a "casual" athlete.

cool..but, even what it comes to personal motivation, do you tend to think in terms of just bettering yourself, or do you sorta tell yourself there is something deeper at stake?

I went to McDonald's the other day and the drive-thru was packed, car park was quite full too. I decided to test myself and walk into the store from almost the back of the car park. I had top stop 3 times to reach for my inhaler before making it to the door and passing out.

What did you order doe?

• Like 4

I went to McDonald's the other day and the drive-thru was packed, car park was quite full too. I decided to test myself and walk into the store from almost the back of the car park. I had top stop 3 times to reach for my inhaler before making it to the door and passing out. 

Love these feel good stories about fellow athletes breaking personal records.

• Like 7

Self motivation is the best for me. I was always big on keeping track of my performance, and always pushing to do more, or do it faster. Now, I'm more of a "casual" athlete.

Lol Lies. You need a cane to walk let alone lift weights.

I keep track of the reps, weight, and rest. It's a constant struggle to improve.

• Like 3

LoL

Are parking lots referred to as "car parks" in Aus?

• Like 2

Positive motivation and that hard approach doesn't work for me.

i just try to clear my mind and reinforce the fact i know i could push further. More of a zen approach i suppose.

I find working out with people to be a major distraction from the workout. 

Your online persona reflects this as well.

I would also imagine you wear yoga pants to work out in. Accurate?

• Like 2