Fox News: ‘Crack babies’ come from women ‘smoking this whole marijuana business’

fobar

Another day, another Fox News expert. This time it was the turn of the Fox News ‘Medical A Team’ doctor David Samadi to warn the viewers of America’s most popular news network about the dangers of marijuana.

Nothing wrong with that you might think. While many pro-legalisation campaigners have shown that its short-term effects are far less dangerous than alcohol and lots of other recreational drugs, it has also been linked with long-term mental health problems.

Marijuana is big news in the US at the moment, with a number of states recently legalising its distribution and use.

22521-umf6ui.JPG
Fox used a video of possibly the world’s biggest spliff to introduce the segment.

Dr Samadi began his assault on the drug with this crystal clear take down of recent studies…

So we know that you need less amount of alcohol to die, so they’re using death as a measure to see what’s dangerous and what’s not. So the effect of this toxicity, the toxicology dose, is different for a lot of these.

They’re extrapolating a lot of these animal studies and surveys that doesn’t make much of a sense and coming with this whole thing that pot is safer. Absolutely not, it’s a huge fraud in this particular study.

• Dr David Samadi

He further established his expert credentials by explaining that hospitals are starting to see lots of “crack babies coming in because pregnant women are smoking this whole marijuana business”.

Interestingly, Dr Samadi is listed as an expert in urologic oncology (cancer of the urinary tract).

But you can watch his uncontested views on marijuana here:

Not yet, but when the incoming lung cancer cases occur from the higher use of weed in this generation it will be.

It's really sad to be honest.

Against the high levels of lung cancer we already have from regular smoking?

You have some extreme views on weed lol

Not yet, but when the incoming lung cancer cases occur from the higher use of weed in this generation it will be.

oh it already is the main cause of cancer, the data just isnt in yet

• Like 2

Against the high levels of lung cancer we already have from regular smoking?

You have some extreme views on weed lol

I don't know how extreme common sense is, but smoking causes cancer. If you smoke weed it follows, that you will get cancer. I would bet a lot of money that a large part of lung cancer cases are caused by weed smoke. Once people decide to take an honest look at the data and have an honest discussion about this drug, I'm sure we'll find what should have been obvious all along.

You could ingest weed, however, but that will lead to increased cases of addiction since it is generally a more potent form.

• Like 2

I don't know how extreme common sense is, but smoking causes cancer. If you smoke weed it follows, that you will get cancer. I would bet a lot of money that a large part of lung cancer cases are caused by weed smoke. Once people decide to take an honest look at the data and have an honest discussion about this drug, I'm sure we'll find what should have been obvious all along.

You could ingest weed, however, but that will lead to increased cases of addiction since it is generally a more potent form.

dude, thats far to dangerous to even consider

• Like 2

dude, thats far to dangerous to even consider

Hard to say, but at least the NIH has finally been forced to admit that weed addiction is real. "Yes. Over time, overstimulation of the endocannabinoid system by marijuana use can cause changes in the brain that lead to addiction."

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/marijuana-addictive

• Like 1

Way to pull opinions out of your azz disguised as fact. Don't speak on something when you know nothing fool. 

Care to present an actual argument? Are you going through weed withdrawl currently because you seem on edge.

Why would I argue with you on this subject when it's very evident you know nothing on the topic. You have zero clue what your talking about and you should just shut up.

Why would I argue with you on this subject when it's very evident you know nothing on the topic. You have zero clue what your talking about and you should just shut up.

Again not an actual argument. It's quite clear you don't have anything to offer. The NIH, you probably don't know what that is, acknowledges the dangers of weed. I trust their expertise over the word of a stoner.

• Like 2

You were trolling up till this post. And that's what I was responding to. The lung cancer part.

• Like 1

Weed has caused you permanent brain damage

It has caused everyone who smoked it permanent brain damage - especially if you smoked it before you were an adult.

It attacks the brain and causes very real damage. This isn't debatable. This is only the best scientific evidence so far. We will be gaining a lot of knowlede=ge about the health effects of weed as we go forward now. The legalization will open the door for proper research. 

• Like 3

In the UK, a 31-year-old woman, is known to become the first in Britain to die directly from cannabis poisoning after smoking marijuana just moments before going to sleep each night . The coroner recorded Gemma Moss died because of the moderate to heavy levels of THC in her blood. Her case highlights the potential harm cannabis can cause as it increases heart rate and blood pressure.

• Like 2

Is this foreigner trolling?  He said THC levels used to be 1% now they are 4% and going up to 7%.  It's much higher than that in good buds and it's never caused a mother to give birth to a crack baby.  Kids that are coming to the hospital are noobs that got their hands on some fire for the first time and it blew their ****s in the dirt.  I'm sure they were fine an hour or 2 later.