Things you say goodbye to when you get married

JBJF

I've been married for 10 years and I haven't had to give up anything, except for sex lately, but there is a legit reason for that. :P

The only problems our marriage has had is when I over think situations, talking it out always clears up misconceptions. 

• Like 3

I've been married for 10 years and I haven't had to give up anything, except for sex lately, but there is a legit reason for that. :P

The only problems our marriage has had is when I over think situations, talking it out always clears up misconceptions. 

You should start a thread about the good things about being married to balance this one out.

• Like 6

You should start a thread about the good things about being married to balance this one out.

Let's just hijack this one!

Marrying the right person is awesome because they love you through your worst and best times!

Sexbots aren't that far off in the future for those that can't hang. :P

• Like 4

Let's just hijack this one!

Marrying the right person is awesome because they love you through your worst and best times!

Sexbots aren't that far off in the future for those that can't hang. :P

Okay, deal.

Having someone to share and plan your future with rocks.

• Like 1

Ack... There is one area that needs work. We don't plan enough for the future, at all, too much living in the present.

Living for the now is pretty cool though - too many people obsess about the future that they miss the good stuff right in front of their eyes.  It's nice when you do plan though that you have someone to do it with.

Living for the now is pretty cool though - too many people obsess about the future that they miss the good stuff right in front of their eyes.  It's nice when you do plan though that you have someone to do it with.

I used to obsess about the future, but in a negative light. We are getting older though and have nothing to show for it, which to me is a blessing and a curse. We get by on so little money, and I like it that way, but it would be nice to own a house someday (or would it?), and have more than 1.5 pairs of socks. lol. The way I live right now isn't too smart, at least I'm starting to change that.

• Like 1

I used to obsess about the future, but in a negative light. We are getting older though and have nothing to show for it, which to me is a blessing and a curse. We get by on so little money, and I like it that way, but it would be nice to own a house someday (or would it?), and have more than 1.5 pairs of socks. lol. The way I live right now isn't too smart, at least I'm starting to change that.

Over here, it's almost regarded as sacrilege to even question that.  We're still renting though, and loving the freedom it gives.  I guess it's good to have a retirement plan of some sort though.  Seem to recall you're in your early 40s - you've still got plenty of time to plan stuff.

• Like 1

Over here, it's almost regarded as sacrilege to even question that.  We're still renting though, and loving the freedom it gives.  I guess it's good to have a retirement plan of some sort though.  Seem to recall you're in your early 40s - you've still got plenty of time to plan stuff.

It's the same from my experience in the states, here, almost everybody I know is on welfare... 

I had to start over from scratch when I moved here and decided not to get involved with credit. So, I've spent 10 years paying for everything in cash, and not even bothering to get my national healthcare card. Like I said, not too smart, I have an irrational dislike of dealing with institutions, but I'm biting the bullet now. I'm just lucky that I've had 10 years of no problems.

I'm 42, wife just turned 51. Not too late yet, but time to get in gear. 

If you give up anything or insist your partner gives up anything, you need to reconsider your marriage.

You might have to better manage your time for certain events or activities, but you should never have to give something up.

I often forget how many kids are actually on this forum and how they have so much to live and learn yet.

• Like 4

Well I'm not married and I don't plan to get married, but that said I can say my parents were married for years and they never had any really big problems, yes they argued but that's what happens when you get a hardheaded guy like mi papi and a stubborn boricua woman like mi mami together lol. 

The reason I won't get married is because I think I would spend too much time comparing it to my parent's marriage, and no marriage today is ever going to measure up to theirs for me. Mi papi has been gone for a few years now (he passed away) and mi mami still refuses to even entertain the idea that she might find someone new. She's content to just wait for her time to come, when she believes she'll see him again on the otherside. Loyalty you don't see anymore today fellow posters.

Now excuse me while I find a drink.  :unsure:

• Like 3

I'm married, I still have sex, play video games, have alone time, watch ****, watch the fights every saturday.

I think the list of **** you guys are giving up is when you have kids.

I cant speak for everyone else but for me it's no

I have a kid and another on the way

• Like 6

hobbies

interests

watching what you want to watch on tv

freedom

owning anything nice that you really want

a 2 seater sports car probably aint gonna see one of those again

doing whatever the **** ya like

playing video games

going out drinking with friends

not having a set time you need to be back in the house for on a night

throwing your arms about like you know martial arts whilst watching mma

watching mma..

going for 3 or 4 days without a bath or shower

not having to buy worthless tat for people on special occasions

not having to pretend to like people she likes

going on dates

• Like 1

Been married (2nd time around) for 22 years.  Life is pretty good.  Kids are grown and moved out.

We just went on a holiday where we spent a week and a half in the car together, drove from Saskatoon, Sask Canada to Marksville, Louisiana for a conference, and then drove to New Orleans, Memphis and home.  Good thing we still like each other.  

I haven't "given up" these things you speak of.  

In my first marriage, I gave up those things... friends, motorcycles, etc... but now that the kids are grown, I have a bike again.  My wife and I are both members of Bikers Against Child Abuse.  I am currently in the middle of a career change, taking a course.. and she stands beside me.  

Life is good with the right person. 

• Like 6

oh my ****ing god!!

everybody! go **** yourselves!

I'm happily married to the best person for me. I'm looking for funny ****ing things not actual god damn truth you ****ing ****es. I'm planning a mother ****ing bachelor party and I'm going to incorporate this some how! Everyone here can play hide and go **** themselves right before they swallow bleach!

• Like 4

oh my **** god!!

everybody! go **** yourselves!

I'm happily married to the best person for me. I'm looking for funny **** things not actual god damn truth you **** ****es. I'm planning a mother **** bachelor party and I'm going to incorporate this some how! Everyone here can play hide and go **** themselves right before they swallow bleach!

If you are looking for funny ****, then change the subject to:  Things You Look Forward to When Getting Married.

Then tell them your story about how you stuck your wife's dildo up your butt.  And you liked it a bit.

• Like 8

If you are looking for funny ****, then change the subject to:  Things You Look Forward to When Getting Married.

Then tell them your story about how you stuck your wife's dildo up your butt.  And you liked it a bit.

Well **** you don't have to get married to do that.

• Like 4

Thread is clearly a cry for help. Marriage counseling can be effective.

you son of a **** ...

lulz

• Like 4