Who here has a GoPro?

WarWest®

What do you want to use it for?

I would say pros are that they're really compact, incredibly robust, and great for doing cool action stuff (like snowboarding, mountain biking etc.)

Cons are the cost (not cheap) and the fact you have to do a lot of editing generally as you won't be turning them on and off all the time.

• Like 1

What do you want to use it for?

I would say pros are that they're really compact, incredibly robust, and great for doing cool action stuff (like snowboarding, mountain biking etc.)

Cons are the cost (not cheap) and the fact you have to do a lot of editing generally as you won't be turning them on and off all the time.

Pretty much everything

Is the editing software difficult to use?

• Like 1

Pretty much everything

Is the editing software difficult to use?

No, it's pretty intuitive to be honest.  You can also use it to take stills and link it to your phone so you have a nice portable way of taking family group shots and stuff like that.

There are some cheaper alternatives knocking around, but a mate of mine I boarded with last week was using one he bought for £50 and it was pretty hopeless compared to the real thing.

• Like 1

No, it's pretty intuitive to be honest.  You can also use it to take stills and link it to your phone so you have a nice portable way of taking family group shots and stuff like that.

There are some cheaper alternatives knocking around, but a mate of mine I boarded with last week was using one he bought for £50 and it was pretty hopeless compared to the real thing.

Thanks for the info

Ive been doing a lot of research but it never hurts to get some opinions

• Like 1

I got a GoPro for Christmas, I think it's the cheapest version, but I still haven't taken it out of the box. I will eventually try it out on my bike, but I just have a feeling that will make some incredibly boring video!

Or some really cool video

Never know until you do it!

• Like 2

friend of mine rides motocross and uses that ish all the time. Got to watch a vid where he did a huge jump, scrubbed out and blew out his knee, which was bad, dont get me wrong, but awesome to watch from his POV.

Do it meng

Yeah I think I'm going to pick up the HERO4

• Like 2

Ive got the hero4. It's dope. Editing isn't the easiest but you get used to it. I use it for diving, underwater quality is serious bizness. And for PT - I strap it to the top of my heavy bag or around my head if I'm holding pads for a client, or various other stuff, then edit the vids and basically make a little progressive vid for them to share on social media, it's pretty handy!

Took me ages to get used to though

• Like 2

Anyone who could offer useful advice about a GoPro would know what a GoPro is.

If the thread was called who here has a camera it wouldn't be quite the same.....

Oooh! Too many troof bombs being dropped at once. Najma cried after this post.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I finally took my gopro out of the box, put it on my handlebars and went for a ride. It's only the gopro hero model, the cheapest, but I was impressed. I had it positioned to where I can see the speedometer, and the picture was good. Now I need to learn how to post it on the forum. I also need something exciting to happen when I go for a ride.

• Like 4

Since I mounted the camera to the handlebars, I don't think you can appreciate the changes in the road, the course actually is mostly rolling hills, but the video makes it look flat. I think a helmet cam would be better, but I don't wear a helmet, and I don't want to, either.

Get a head mount or a chest mount

You don't have to wear a helmet with the head mount, it just straps on

Get it? Strap on??

Har. Har. Har.

• Like 2

If I had one for Saturday night you guys would have seen me pull out  20 lb striped bass.  That was the biggest fish I've caught so far in my life.  Was going to take a picture if it when ever my nephew came around to it.  He was fishing 50 yards from me.  Long story short - Fish was bagged and by the time we got home i was too tire to bother with a picture. 

• Like 2

If I had one for Saturday night you guys would have seen me pull out  20 lb striped bass.  That was the biggest fish I've caught so far in my life.  Was going to take a picture if it when ever my nephew came around to it.  He was fishing 50 yards from me.  Long story short - Fish was bagged and by the time we got home i was too tire to bother with a picture. 

Pics or it didn't happen.

Edited by classicboxer
  • Like 1