Bellator Files Injuntion To Stop Rampage From Fighting in Montreal

Mcmax3000

Today, Bellator MMA was compelled to go to court to stop Quinton "Rampage" Jackson from fighting in an April 25th bout promoted by Bellator's competitor, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). Jackson, who has completed only three fights of his exclusive six-fight contract with Bellator, is barred by contract from fighting for any promoter other than Bellator. Our lawsuit for an injunction and related relief - filed in the Chancery Division of the Superior Court in Burlington County, New Jersey - will compel Jackson to honor his contractual agreement. We look forward to having one of our MMA stars fighting for Bellator again.

Remember when I said something along the lines of the Rampage/Maldonado fight was the 186 fight I was least confident would actually happen?

Yeah, this is why.

If he still has an exclusive contract with Bellator I'd love to hear how this ufc fight has come this far in the planning stages

There were apparently issues with his contract that Bellator didn't remedy (there was a rumour going around that they didn't provide him with the informaiton about how many buys the PPV did, but I don't know if that was ever confirmed), and he had a clause allowing him to terminate the contract if issues weren't remedied within a certain period of time.

That's what Rampage claims at least. Clearly Bellator believes otherwise.

• Like 1

There were apparently issues with his contract that Bellator didn't remedy (there was a rumour going around that they didn't provide him with the informaiton about how many buys the PPV did, but I don't know if that was ever confirmed), and he had a clause allowing him to terminate the contract if issues weren't remedied within a certain period of time.

That's what Rampage claims at least. Clearly Bellator believes otherwise.

That's interesting and I definitely want to hear the whole story some day. But it's hard to believe there'd be so much gray area on a fighters contract, and that the UFC wouldn't be positive of acquiring a fighter before scheduling a fight. Also that it took this long for Bellator to file some legal action. I'm guessing a lot of very shady layering is going on. It's all especially funny considering how rampage made a speech when joining bellator about finally being with an organization that appreciates him and crap. 20 minutes later he's thrilled to be back to the ufc even though he may be breaching contract lol.