Jones Confident he can beat Cain at Heavyweight

Jolldan

"I don't know when I'm going to move up in weight. I've entertained the thought of going to heavyweight so many times and I think right now with all due respect to Anthony (Johnson), I believe I'll win that fight and get into super fights and rematches. But if I do go to heavyweight or when I do go to heavyweight, I do believe I have the skill set to beat Cain."

I do even think after this Rumble fight should he win there is still a potential for 2 maybe 3 max more Light heavyweight fights. People still want to see a rematch with Gus just because the fight was so close. Rumble might put Jones away how unlikely it seems and then I reckon Jones has a pretty much automatic rematch clause. Manuwa has potential. Newton was really the only real non ufc fighter I could have seen maybe getting a match at Jones but loosing at the weekend will have fully halted that. McGeary could potentially sell a fight as a new undefeated champion of a different organization.

"Cain's a magnificent opponent. My main reason for believing I'll beat Cain is his size. He's not one of these massive heavyweights who's going to just out weigh me and out power me in every situation. He's a guy I can totally compete with, that I'm smart enough to compete with him."

Cain granted isn't the biggest Heavyweight but a man who out muscled Lesnar, bloodied bigfoot and battered JDS in the rematch will be a very different task to his own division.

Who do think would take it?

Of course this is all just theoretical as Cain is never not injured long enough to fight now.

• Like 2

Cain has to clear out the HW division before he can entertain fight LHWs.  Jones will have to move up and earn a title shot but I agree, he probably has the skill set and will have the size to beat Cain

Cain is old and worn out. But he's a younger and larger version of Cormier, which spells death for Jones.

lol, one of Jones' kicks to Cains glass knee might leave him needing an amputation not rehab

• Like 1

lol, one of Jones' kicks to Cains glass knee might leave him needing an amputation not rehab

Of course. But first he's got to throw that kick and then he's got to land it.

Cormier's knees are far worse and what did Jones accomplish with them kicks? Kinda nothing.

• Like 1

Of course. But first he's got to throw that kick and then he's got to land it.

Cormier's knees are far worse and what did Jones accomplish with them kicks? Kinda nothing.

lol, u srs???  Have you seen these pics of Cains knee in the build up to the Werdum fight???  

fake_glass_in_knee_by_skwawesome-d4f2n96

Busted as **** :lol:

• Like 2

Rumble has HW power and he's going to murderize Pokes. Pokes is just resigned to the fact that AJ will kill him, so he might as well move up afterwards.

Rumble vs Cain is a more intriguing match up to me but I wouldn't mind watching Cain hagdoll Pokes either.

Cocaine will retire before he moves up. He knows he will be exposed if he fights anyone top 5 HW's. 

I can see him doing a "superfight" or test the waters once, but that will be it and he will be done once he gets a taste of the big dogs who he wont have the size advantage over.

Cain is actually a 205 who is competing at HW division just lke DC used to, thats all. 

Jones at HW would be as dangerous if not more dominant than he is at 205, in my opinion.

Question is: Is Cain a better fighter than DC ?! What would Cain do so different that DC didnt do ? (not to mention they train together).

Question is: Is Cain a better fighter than DC ?! What would Cain do so different that DC didnt do ? (not to mention they train together).

Cain would punch Jones from a solid stance rather then having to jump up like a kangaroo to reach him like the short Cormier had to.

Cormier: 5'10" - 72" reach

Cain: 6'1" - 77" reach

Also... Cain wouldn't get tired and sloppy.

• Like 1

Cain would punch Jones from a solid stance rather then having to jump up like a kangaroo to reach him like the short Cormier had to.

Cormier: 5'10" - 72" reach

Cain: 6'1" - 77" reach

Also... Cain wouldn't get tired and sloppy.

Dis.

Cain would be in Pokes' s face for 25 mins if he didn't outright KO him off the bat.

Cain is actually a 205 who is competing at HW division just lke DC used to, thats all. 

Jones at HW would be as dangerous if not more dominant than he is at 205, in my opinion.

lol, that tellytubby wouldn't be able to cut to 205 without sending his kidneys into a complete shutdown.  His body is too fragile for that type of cut

Jones will have to move to heavyweight now that he has been caught using cocaine and won't be able to make weight anymore.

Funny because I was thinking about that too lol

Can you imagine if Jones cant cut the weight against AJ ?

Not gonna lie, I hope this happens because I cant wait to see Jones move up!