The Man Flu thread

OzPride

So the other night, I went to see Arj Barker do a stand up gig at the Adelaide Fringe festival. He was funny as ****. One joke was

"ISIS man these guys are CRAZY. Chopping heads off and making these bad ads videos where you're like holy shot is that real? Then it is and it's like man, these guys go too far. Man, it's kind of sad, I mean the way these guys are going, kind of makes me miss Al Quaeda.." then saying 'and this city is the closest to the United States that I'll tell that joke. I won't even tell it in Melbourne!"

Anyway, many lol's were had. After the show we walked back to the car and I noticed I had developed what can only be called a 'sniffle' ... Thought nothing of it, drove home, had some dessert, banged the misses, watched some tv and went to bed.

Anyway I woke up at like 4am mid coughing fit. Fully blown swollen glands, headache, chesty cough. Now two days later I've got a permanent Rhonda scowl, can't breathe deeply without coughing, whole head hurts, not hungry, sore everywhere. Full blown virus.

Some sonofa**** went to that show with some nasty virus and infected me! Went from perfectly fine to fully blown man flu in 6 hours.

The day after summer and the day before I start uni. **** you infected dude. And **** you man flu!

Anyone got a cure? I normally take scotch, tea, garlic & ginger laced food when I spot the symptoms but it was way too fast this time :(

sounds weird, but get a mug, hand juice a whole lemon, a tea spoon of honey, 2 shots of OP rum, and fill with water from kettle....

tastes like ****, but rug up and go to bed... get your Mrs a snorkel because you are about to sweat up a storm. Stay under the covers no matter how much you are cookin. You wont wake up cold free, but it should have broken and start you coughing crap out rather than spluttering every time you try take a decent breath.

• Like 2

So the other night, I went to see Arj Barker do a stand up gig at the Adelaide Fringe festival. He was funny as ****. One joke was

"ISIS man these guys are CRAZY. Chopping heads off and making these bad ads videos where you're like holy shot is that real? Then it is and it's like man, these guys go too far. Man, it's kind of sad, I mean the way these guys are going, kind of makes me miss Al Quaeda.." then saying 'and this city is the closest to the United States that I'll tell that joke. I won't even tell it in Melbourne!"

Anyway, many lol's were had. After the show we walked back to the car and I noticed I had developed what can only be called a 'sniffle' ... Thought nothing of it, drove home, had some dessert, banged the misses, watched some tv and went to bed.

Anyway I woke up at like 4am mid coughing fit. Fully blown swollen glands, headache, chesty cough. Now two days later I've got a permanent Rhonda scowl, can't breathe deeply without coughing, whole head hurts, not hungry, sore everywhere. Full blown virus.

Some sonofa**** went to that show with some nasty virus and infected me! Went from perfectly fine to fully blown man flu in 6 hours.

The day after summer and the day before I start uni. **** you infected dude. And **** you man flu!

Anyone got a cure? I normally take scotch, tea, garlic & ginger laced food when I spot the symptoms but it was way too fast this time :(

Can immune system