UFC Super fight T.J. Dillashaw would cut to flyweight to fight Demetrious Johnson

Jolldan

UFC flyweight titlist Demetrious Johnson made waves recently by hinting that he would like to fight bantamweight champion T.J. Dillashaw for a purse of two million dollars.

Dillashaw now responded to that statement and said he would be more than happy to do that fight for such an enticing purse, but that he would also be willing to go down to 125 lbs. to fight for Johnson's belt there even without the mega purse on the line.

"I could definitely go lower (than bantamweight)," Dillashaw told MMAjunkie. "I feel like it's very easy for me to fight at 135 (pounds). I like it that way. I don't want to cut too much weight. I want to keep my speed because that's a huge advantage for me. I could always cut a little weight."

Dillashaw also made clear, that there is no bad blood between him and Johnson whatsoever, but that he would still love to fight him, just for the sake of building a legacy.

"Demetrious Johnson is an excellent fighter - in my mind, pound-for-pound one of the best in the world," he said. "His technique is flawless. His footwork is awesome. He's super fast. My goal is to be pound-for-pound the best in the world, and to do that, I want to beat guys like Demetrious Johnson. Do I feel like we should get paid more (to fight)? Yeah. But I just want to create my name to be as big as possible. That's definitely a fight that I would love to have one day."

Johnson is an established champion and should feel free to pursue things like this he's already defended his belt five times.

While T.J. is only approaching his second against the man he won it from.

So would this be a fight your interested in seeing? An who do you think would win?

Dillashaw too big.

Mighty Mouse would Fallon his Fox to avoid fighting TJ

Sorry Pat

Whitey > Mighty

Was gonna call you lot a bunch of racists but then I remembered Mighty Mouse is whiter than Whitey Mouse

Edited by crangs
  • Like 4

Dillashaw still has a ton of competition he's yet to face. I hate these guys who just achieve the top rank and immediately start the talks of a 'super fight' (not that this is a super fight in the least bit)

Dillashaw hasn't fought in like 6 ****ing months

Lets see who TJ has fought in the top 10 of the bantanweight division

Renan Barao (Credit is deserved here and I'll give that to him)

Raphael Assuncao - he lost.

umm... is that it??

He should fight Dom, Faber, Assuncao (again since he ****ing lost), McDonald, Mizugaki and Wineland. Also, he should have to redeem his loss to Dodson before thinking he's due for a super fight.

sidenote... How is it a superfight when mighty mouse had once fought in bantamweight and the only reason he dropped the additional 10 pounds was to avoid Dom again.

I hate Dillashaw now. **** him and **** his fans.

• Like 1

Dillashaw still has a ton of competition he's yet to face. I hate these guys who just achieve the top rank and immediately start the talks of a 'super fight' (not that this is a super fight in the least bit)

Dillashaw hasn't fought in like 6 **** months

umm... is that it??

He should fight Dom, Faber, Assuncao (again since he **** lost), McDonald, Mizugaki and Wineland. Also, he should have to redeem his loss to Dodson before thinking he's due for a super fight.

sidenote... How is it a superfight when mighty mouse had once fought in bantamweight and the only reason he dropped the additional 10 pounds was to avoid Dom again.

Yeah that was kind of the point I was getting at. You can understand Johnson pushing for something like this though Cruz is out and he has dominated his division as a champ.

Where as Dillashaw has still so much to prove in his own division. A good 4 or 5 fights more title fights if he wins the Barao rematch and then it will be a much better fight.

• Like 1

Dillashaw hasn't fought in like 6 **** months

umm... is that it??

He should fight Dom, Faber, Assuncao (again since he **** lost), McDonald, Mizugaki and Wineland. Also, he should have to redeem his loss to Dodson before thinking he's due for a super fight.

LoL Did your tampon fall out?

Media probably asked Dillashaw about a fight with Johnson and he answered their question. OP didn't provide a link so I'm not 100% but I'm assuming this is what happened.

LoL Did your tampon fall out?

Media probably asked Dillashaw about a fight with Johnson and he answered their question. OP didn't provide a link so I'm not 100% but I'm assuming this is what happened.

if that's the case I'm fine with that. I'm just tired of hearing of 'super fights'

How many champion vs. champion fights have we gotten?

There's too much talk, not enough fights happening. I'm all in for this (and other) fight to happen. Fights don´t happen because of injuries, legacies, arguments about salaries/weight/timing/horoscopes and whatnot.

Just looked at the FLW rankings, after DJ beats Horiguchi he pretty much has beaten the entire top ten besides Lineker who is moving up in weight and Makovsky who needs to beat Dodson to get his shot (he wont).

So I wonder what DJ is going to do after the Horiguchi fight. Especially if dodson beats Zak like he should. I think he should just permanently move up to BW rather than TJ going down because that fight will happen at BW if DJ enters the division. I would gain a ton of respect for him if he manages to win that second belt. It would be a power move for his legacy but I think he wants to stay at FLW and break the record for title defenses.

• Like 1

Just looked at the FLW rankings, after DJ beats Horiguchi he pretty much has beaten the entire top ten besides Lineker who is moving up in weight and Makovsky who needs to beat Dodson to get his shot (he wont).

So I wonder what DJ is going to do after the Horiguchi fight. Especially if dodson beats Zak like he should. I think he should just permanently move up to BW rather than TJ going down because that fight will happen at BW if DJ enters the division. I would gain a ton of respect for him if he manages to win that second belt. It would be a power move for his legacy but I think he wants to stay at FLW and break the record for title defenses.

flyweight ALWAYS has contenders

• Like 2

I think they're lining up the Dodson re-match. That's pretty sellable because Dodson had him in trouble a couple of times, and won a couple of rounds against him.

After that, I think they'll try and fast-track Cejudo into a title fight.  If MM beats those two, he really will have cleared out the division and maybe should step up then.