Good article re Rousey and Cyborg

Gladiatore44

lol you guys are fools.

this sorry excuse for a reported dosnt even know what hes talking about. says "superfight with GSP and silva ,silva and jones" none of those ever happened, and super fights are champion vs champions, cyborg is neither a UFC champion or able to have a single fight in the UFC, because of her "weight issues"

Like the article says the UFC has held lots of catch weight fights. 

No reason this fights can;t happen, except the little one is skerrred.

tell me this. has there ever  been a catchweight fight  in a non existant weight class? because currently the 145 weight class for women in the UFC, does not exist

lol you guys are fools.

this sorry excuse for a reported dosnt even know what hes talking about. says "superfight with GSP and silva ,silva and jones" none of those ever happened, and super fights are champion vs champions, cyborg is neither a UFC champion or able to have a single fight in the UFC, because of her "weight issues"

tell me this. has there ever  been a catchweight fight  in a non existant weight class? because currently the 145 weight class for women in the UFC, does not exist

Didnt Franklin vs  W.Silva fight at 195lbs ?? Catchweight

Edited by Eclipse76
  • Like 2

lol you guys are fools.

So what.

Weight classes didn't exist at all at one time.

We also can consider the fighters that didn't make weight the day of the fight, other fighter takes part of purse but agrees to still fight so these are examples of a catch-weight fight as well.  Even Mighty Mouse said for a 2 mil purse he would have a superfight w/ Dillashaw.   

From WIKI:

A case of a weight mismatch is the Arturo Gatti vs. Joey Gamache fight. In the controversial fight between Gatti vs Gamache, Gamache's handlers claimed Gatti had gained 19 pounds since the weigh-in the "day before" and thus had a large advantage over Gamache. This resulted in serious injuries to the smaller Gamache. After Gatti–Gamache, some boxing commissions started weighing boxers a second time.

Jermain Taylor and Kelly Pavlik, which was fought at a catch weight of 166 pounds and the Félix Trinidad-Roy Jones, Jr. fight, which was fought at 171 pounds.

An example of this catch weight situation occurred at UFC 104 where Anthony Johnson came in over the welterweight limit of 170 for his fight against Yoshiyuki Yoshida. An agreement was made that the fight would occur at a catch weight of 176.[2]

Manny Pacquiao fought Miguel Cotto, the fight was at a catch weight of 145 pounds to accommodate 

Wanderlei Silva fought Rich Franklin at a catch weight bout of 195 pounds. 

Im on the team that does not care for WMMA specially until UFC stops making Ronda sound like a god. I will not care for WMMA until Rogan stops saying s**** like "Ronda would beat a man" etc, etc .. that is disrespectful and insulting to any real MMA fan.

WMMA should built itself and its history before being PPV headline, to be honest. Because of the fact that WMMA is so relatively new, I think it should play only at FightPass, FOX, etc and not on PPV just yet.

Anyways, guess what ? WMMA is about to fold already (not even kidding) and lil Ronda already has no decent challenger (a challenger that could be a threat like Cat was supposed to be) that can make her a PPV headliner and that is already priceless and make me LOL. Ronda will focus in a movie s**** because UFC knows that they cant sell Rondas fights anymore (unless shes a co main event).

Then why did they call it a catchweight at 195 and bill it as such..

Franklin and W .Silva have both fought at 205.. Why this catchweight discrepancy?

franklin was a real tweener, he fought many catchweight bouts , but they were all in weightclass that actually exist like 190-195 is all light heavy weight fights.

you will never see a catch weight of under120 or over 270+ because those weightclasses do not exist in the UFC

• Like 2

franklin was a real tweener, he fought many catchweight bouts , but they were all in weightclass that actually exist like 190-195 is all light heavy weight fights.

you will never see a catch weight of under120 or over 270+ because those weightclasses do not exist in the UFC

For a moment I thought you'd called Franklin a weener....I was about to rumble.

Then i read it properly....good point!

• Like 2

The most irritating thing for me also is that Rousey beating 50% of the men but in the same breathe saying no way to fight a Cyborg at 140.  A 135lb man will weigh higher on fight night and will have a significant strength advantage but yet she's scared to throw with another woman.  Beat the best first, then go ahead and make ridiculous claims, insinuated or "pretend"

Don't continue to claim all these amazing things, Dana got to hop off the teet, Rogan cut the weed back to 5 joints a day, and stop claiming all these amazing things you are but same time calling out "a huge competitor" in a Bethe or Jessica Eye who lost to Alexis Davis, who Rousey flipped over and basically knocked her out with an armpit in 15 seconds and even worse a semi-retired Carano at 140/145 who's most martial arts experience in the last 4 years was a pretend fight in Fast and Furious 6.....its insanity and frankly, IMHO, makes Rousey look like a complete fraud.   (and I whole 100% respect Ronda, being the first UF women's champ, a dominating force, an Olympian, etc but sick of hearing her speak out of both sides of her mouth.  it just makes her look stupid and anybody that actually believes she isn't scared (or Dana isn't protecting) is either a straight Ronda nut hugger or mentally unstable.  PS- i don't agree with Cyborg and what she has done but same breathe she has been clean recently and if you are willing to throw with dudes, you should be willing to throw with Cyborg.  Stop using PEDS as an excuse.  I also will go further, if ROusey fights and she loses, I'd would not be surprised if that was the excuse.  "Ive never felt that kind of power before"

S*it or get off the pot....oh and being spoken in the same sentence as P4P greats is an abomination to the sport and discredits the UFC P4P list.  Respectively, she has not beaten anybody of note here or in Strikforce, the division is pathetic right now (and prob won't be in the future), but she is the Royce of her era, and she will cement her own legacy as being a paper champ until she can actually be remotely challenged.

Lastly, anybody who purchases the PPV with a Rousey V Bethe or Rousey vs Eye should be dropped off on a remote island and left.  I suspect next one tho they will put big names to help carry the card, then they can claim it was Ronda who carried it to help promote her even bigger into the atmosphere based on paper credentials.  

Anyway, now I digress...... 

Edited by Gladiatore44
  • Like 1

195 is classified under LHW btw...

i know hahahah

But they specifically called it a catch weight at 195lbs and was billed as such... W. Silva was cutting to 185lbs and Franklin was going up to 205lbs and this was billed as a CATCHWWEIGHT fight..

Technically a inbetween class that doesnt exist.

Was stupid on UFC part really, should have been just a 205 fight or billed as LHW match..not a catchweight..

• Like 1

i know hahahah

But they specifically called it a catch weight at 195lbs and was billed as such... W. Silva was cutting to 185lbs and Franklin was going up to 205lbs and this was billed as a CATCHWWEIGHT fight..

Technically a inbetween class that doesnt exist.

Was stupid on UFC part really, should have been just a 205 fight or billed as LHW match..not a catchweight..

Well the difference is that is an inbetween point for 2 weight classes 185 and 205 (but it's actually part of LHW so that was stupid to call it it Catch) and 140 lbs isn't a catch between two weight classes that exist in the UFC's women's divisions.... There isn't a 145 lbs class in the UFC for women. A one and done isn't securing a talent for the UFC, if Rousey fights Cyborg it will be 135 to ensure the possibility of a rematch in case of a close fight or what have you. MONEY MONEY MONEY.

• Like 1

Well the difference is that is an inbetween point for 2 weight classes 185 and 205 (but it's actually part of LHW so that was stupid to call it it Catch) and 140 lbs isn't a catch between two weight classes that exist in the UFC's women's divisions.... There isn't a 145 lbs class in the UFC for women. A one and done isn't securing a talent for the UFC, if Rousey fights Cyborg it will be 135 to ensure the possibility of a rematch in case of a close fight or what have you. MONEY MONEY MONEY.

This.

A one and done for Cyborg does very little for the UFC, except maybe make them one big PPV money grab. The risk of Rhonda losing to Cyborg and losing credibility is not worth the reward of one successful PPV.

If they were able to sign Cyroid at 135 then Ronda losing wouldn't damage them as much because they would have a new beastly champion to market and as Nikki mentioned, they'd have rematches to cash in on as well.

• Like 2

lol you guys are fools.

Bro, get Rousey's junk out of your mouth. It's only a strap on.

• Like 4

Bro, get Rousey's junk out of your mouth. It's only a strap on.

Light HW is 205.

LOL

Lookit this submitem fool all over Rouseys snatch. Rousey is a scrub and the UFC is just trying to market the tits outta her. Well I got news for you, them **** are tiny and all used up. No one gives a **** about Rousey.

344.gif

I love you guys keep up the good work.

• Like 1