Just in a terrible crash

PlatinumClegg

My beamer is totaled and I only carried liability insurance because it was paid for.  I am definitely concuss with whiplash.  Some stupid **** with bad brakes used her E brake on the interstate to stop very abruptly and cause a pile up.  She wasn't hit so she just got to leave.  She didn't say that to the sheriff or the troopers but she told an old man in a 3500 dodge that she used her E brake because her brakes on bad.  This person should be shot for endangering that many lives and my car is totaled.  The only reason I walked away from it is because I was in a BMW.  If that was a honda civic I might be dead or badly injured.

I can only process thoughts of wanting to murder someone at the moment.

• Like 9

My beamer is totaled and I only carried liability insurance because it was paid for.  I am definitely concuss with whiplash.  Some stupid **** with bad brakes used her E brake on the interstate to stop very abruptly and cause a pile up.  She wasn't hit so she just got to leave.  She didn't say that to the sheriff or the troopers but she told an old man in a 3500 dodge that she used her E brake because her brakes on bad.  This person should be shot for endangering that many lives and my car is totaled.  The only reason I walked away from it is because I was in a BMW.  If that was a honda civic I might be dead or badly injured.

I can only process thoughts of wanting to murder someone at the moment.

I flipped an Audi three times and walked away without a scratch.

That bimmer probably did save your life.

How did that who're get away from a ticket?

• Like 7

I flipped an Audi three times and walked away without a scratch.

That bimmer probably did save your life.

How did that who're get away from a ticket?

That's also unclear.  The troopers seemed to think she thought she was free to leave when she wasn't and the sheriff tried to go after her but I have no idea what came of it.  I imagine they have some information on her and a description of the vehicle.

• Like 4

Well you'll be happy to know that I bumped you up 3 spots in The Official Forum Rankings for surviving a br00tahl car crash like an OG

True Canadian right here.

But I think we're gonna need pics. What if it's just a scratch and he's exaggerating? He'd just be taking advantage of your kindness.

• Like 5

Well you'll be happy to know that I bumped you up 3 spots in The Official Forum Rankings for surviving a br00tahl car crash like an OG

It's most likely because the particular car is built that well.  It's a coupe that weighs over 4400 pounds so everything on it is heavy duty.  Like I said if I was in a little civic I'm probably in emergency surgery right now and ****ed for life.

• Like 8

True Canadian right here.

But I think we're gonna need pics. What if it's just a scratch and he's exaggerating? He'd just be taking advantage of your kindness.

CorpralClegg does have a shady past of predicting fights after they happen

I might have to look into this

• Like 4

It's most likely because the particular car is built that well.  It's a coupe that weighs over 4400 pounds so everything on it is heavy duty.  Like I said if I was in a little civic I'm probably in emergency surgery right now and **** for life.

I would NEVER drive a Honda Civic without my watermelon helmet

• Like 10

It's most likely because the particular car is built that well.  It's a coupe that weighs over 4400 pounds so everything on it is heavy duty.  Like I said if I was in a little civic I'm probably in emergency surgery right now and **** for life.

Glad you're okay bruh. Sorry about your car. But better your car gets totaled than being in the ER right now.

• Like 3

I didn't take any pictures and I haven't posted a picture or gif since the forum changed because I'm really stupid and don't know how.  It was towed to some lot and I can't remember the tow company that the troopers called.  I guess I'll need to look into that later. That was another devastating kick in the teeth because it was 225 bucks to get my totaled vehicle off the side of the interstate or it will be.  Then it will be another 40 or so bones to have it towed from that lot to wherever I decide to park it.  Most likely my mechanics even though there's no way he's fixing this thing.  I am going to have to strip some parts off it to sell.  I just had to spend $614 (with labor) on a new starter in November.  The cold air pack hasn't been on there long but good chance it's ruined and it might not seem like much but I just spent $47 on Bosch Icon windshield wipers last week because my previous ones froze to the windshield, when I turned them on it just destroyed both.

I'm about ready to eat my pistol at this point.

Edited by CorporalClegg209
  • Like 7

I am also resigning from my job until they can get me back to the Charleston facility.  I don't have any seniority and 2 weeks ago I got sent to the Chattanooga plant.  Last week I was late because of a 5 car pile up near this very spot on the interstate and this week I am right in the center of a 5 car pile up.  I got the worst of it by a long shot.  I don't think the Lexus behind me even hit his brakes.  I feel like I got hit with him going about 70-80.  Just looking at the screen to type is nauseating so if I have any typos I don't really give a ****.

Take care guys.

Edited by CorporalClegg209
  • Like 10

I didn't take any pictures and I haven't posted a picture or gif since the forum changed because I'm really stupid and don't know how.  It was towed to some lot and I can't remember the tow company that the troopers called.  I guess I'll need to look into that later. That was another devastating kick in the teeth because it was 225 bucks to get my totaled vehicle off the side of the interstate or it will be.  Then it will be another 40 or so bones to have it towed from that lot to wherever I decide to park it.  Most likely my mechanics even though there's no way he's fixing this thing.  I am going to have to strip some parts off it to sell.  I just had to spend $614 (with labor) on a new starter in November.  The cold air pack hasn't been on there long but good chance it's ruined and it might not seem like much but I just spent $47 on Bosch Icon windshield wipers last week because my previous ones froze to the windshield, when I turned them on it just destroyed both.

I'm about ready to eat my pistol at this point.

I am also resigning from my job until they can get me back to the Charleston facility.  I don't have any seniority and 2 weeks ago I got sent to the Chattanooga plant.  Last week I was late because of a 5 car pile up near this very spot on the interstate and this week I am right in the center of a 5 car pile up.  I got the worst of it by a long shot.  I don't think the Lexus behind me even hit his brakes.  I feel like I got hit with him going about 70-80.  Just looking at the screen to type is nauseating so if I have any typos I don't really give a ****.

Take care guys.

that sucks man, sometimes life can be that way

all the best to you

• Like 4

I lol'd

I'm glad I could entertain.  At first I was really upset about my vehicle but I'm just happy I'm still able to sit at the house only feeling like a bomb went off instead of crippled.  Any trolls jobs are awesome.  If I was still driving a Subaru STi that is intentionally built light for speed and it wouldn't hold up in this wreck.  My first ever high speed rear ended raped in the **** by a BBC (big black car) moment.

• Like 4

Doesn't sound like it was your fault, and it certainly wasn't your fault that someone rear-ended you.  So what if you only had liability insurance?  If anyone else caused the accident their insurance will pay for the repairs.  If it is totaled, their insurance will pay whatever the value of the vehicle is.  Hopefully you kept the receipts for the work you had done on it recently, too.  They will add that to the "Value" they place on your car.  Did you get a police report?  Their insurance information will be on it.  Use it to file a claim.

Seems like your problems just keep snow balling. Keep your head up, man. Things have to get worse before they get better. I think that's an inspirational quote. Just tryna help in that aspect.

Time is the best healer. Just take it day by day and appreciate you're still alive and will be able to watch the epic UFC 187 card :D

Doesn't sound like it was your fault, and it certainly wasn't your fault that someone rear-ended you.  So what if you only had liability insurance?  If anyone else caused the accident their insurance will pay for the repairs.  If it is totaled, their insurance will pay whatever the value of the vehicle is.  Hopefully you kept the receipts for the work you had done on it recently, too.  They will add that to the "Value" they place on your car.  Did you get a police report?  Their insurance information will be on it.  Use it to file a claim.

Hanging on to receipts would have been smart, car has been paid for so it's not like I'm financing it and having to carry full coverage.  I've only ever wrecked a car into a gravel road ditch in a rear wheel drive mustang before.  I've always thought that I am not only a good driver but aware and won't allow myself to be in this position.  It's weird I had just merged onto the interstate recently and moved into the fast lane just few seconds before the vehicle in front isn't moving at all.  I always passed these pile ups and wrote them off as **** drivers.  That is correct in the sense that at least one of them is a **** driver but she didn't get hit and despite causing the accident was let go before I even had time to gather myself.  A off duty nurse and her husband pulled over to get me out of my car because it was smoking.  No one else had even checked on the guy that still wasn't capable of exiting his vehicle.

I remember being told by a trooper that they have to do the paperwork and it will be up to 10 days before my officially paperwork.  I was given something in which I had to contact my insurance company and turn it in within 20 days or have license revolked.  I don't never wrecked into another car before so never dealt with police I just remember make sure this insurance thing is filed and sent off in a timely matter.

• Like 2

This is the worst advice I ever received. I went from an overachiever to a degenerate in high school because of this. I can't even read or write any more.

That sucks. I wish you could read this next sentence because it would absolutely make your day: the_enigma is the greatest human being to ever walk this planet.

Too bad he'll never comprehend this :(

• Like 1

$600 plus is pretty steep for a starter. In fact I have never heard of one costing that much - although sometimes the installs can be very difficult. I have a 1990 Passat. When the heater core blew up it was more money to replace than the car was worth. 

Here is my experience with what you are going through: your insurance company will call your car a write off and give you about half what its worth.

Your best bet is to get to your vehicle right away and start stripping off the valuable parts. If you have alloy rims those alone will probably be worth what they give you. If your catalytic converter isn't messed up it is also extremely expensive. Talk to your mechanic he may be able to tell what parts are worth getting off of there. 

Good luck.

Like you hit your big toe on the corner of the table?

Or a real crash?

I've seen worse but never been involved in anything high speed.  Hitting something and immediately getting hit from behind at 70+ is the main problem.  I feel like a man old enough to be classicboxer's father at the moment.  I've wrecked bikes where my head bounced off concrete and it was nothing like this.  Some women shouldn't be allowed to operate heavy machinery.