All Things Golf

keyboard_warrior

I was gonna go out and play 9 after work yesterday but one of the kids came down with a fever so I left work early so the mrs could go to work.  Probably wont get another a chance for another fortnight

• Like 5

I got new Callaway irons so I'm ready to go. Ive been playing Augusta on the simulator at my work. Im ready to hack it up. Anyone hit any of the new drivers for thia year? Im in the market for a replacement

my clubs are old as **** but I can still hit the 3 wood from that set a good 300 yards, Lol. With the kids taking up any free time i don't really play enough to justify getting a new set.
  • Like 1

My set is kind of put together. I just seriously got into gold about 3 years ago so I didn't see a point in spending a lot of money on clubs until I got consistent. I have a set of Top Flite irons and Wedges which I actually like. Callaway owned Top Flite until 2 years ago so they are actually decent for a beginner. My driver is a Taylormade R11s which took me a while to get comfortable with but now I really like it.

• Like 2

My set is kind of put together. I just seriously got into gold about 3 years ago so I didn't see a point in spending a lot of money on clubs until I got consistent. I have a set of Top Flite irons and Wedges which I actually like. Callaway owned Top Flite until 2 years ago so they are actually decent for a beginner. My driver is a Taylormade R11s which took me a while to get comfortable with but now I really like it.

The set I have are an old set of Memphis Firestars my work mate had lying in his shed after he upgraded, lol.  I had a set of King Cobras that I had to leave with my parents in New Zealand when were moving to the UK.  They were a lot better than what I have now

Sometimes clubs just don't fit people. I have a friend that can't hit my driver straight but hits this old **** driver about 290-325 straight most of the time.

I organised a work golf day just before xmas.  After we'd all had breakfast we went out on the range and I was having a hit with everyone else's drivers.  I was absolutely slaying them right down the middle.  Used my driver and hit a massive duck hook, lol.  I went 3 wood while we were out on the course after that confidence breaker and was still out driving the others in my group by 20-30 yards every time.

• Like 2

I've got my golf clubs right next to me at work.  Left them here after last Fridays aborted attempt but as I know the next time I play will be a Friday when we finish work early it's not really worth taking them home.  It's torturous when the weather is so nice outside, lol :lol:

• Like 2

Gold is **** man

You can't even aim the ball

You just hit it in some direction

Don't they teach you how to type properly in your Afghani cave???  Gold is the ****, meng.  So is golf :lol:

You're right though, My aim is probably 50/50 :lol:

Edited by crangs
  • Like 2

Left my driver at home but was straight intimidating my group with my 3 wood. Was hitting about 270 and fairly straight. They were spraying their drivers all over the shop and still playing first, lol

• Like 1

I played like **** my first time out but it could be worse. There was about a 20 mph crosswind which doesn't help. My friend hit his first frive about 290 straight, then leaned on his driver a bit and the head broke off. It must have cracked last year or on that drive. He's only had it a year.

• Like 2

I played like **** my first time out but it could be worse. There was about a 20 mph crosswind which doesn't help. My friend hit his first frive about 290 straight, then leaned on his driver a bit and the head broke off. It must have cracked last year or on that drive. He's only had it a year.

bloody hell!!! That's either some shoddy manufacturing, brutal power hitting or he's one fat bastard, lol
  • Like 1

Has to be manufacturing. All he really did was rest his hand on it like people do all of the time. I'm guessing it's still under warranty.

yeah, that doesn't sound right for a year old club
  • Like 1

I think it's more that a dominant sports figure with charisma and presence is gone that caused attendance and viewership to drop.  With Tiger playing horrible for a few years after his marital issues were exposed, is the attendance and viewership that big of dramatic drop from when he plays and when he doesn't?  He's clearly not the same figure that he was when he was confident, dominating and moved with a purpose.

• Like 2

I think it's more that a dominant sports figure with charisma and presence is gone that caused attendance and viewership to drop.  With Tiger playing horrible for a few years after his marital issues were exposed, is the attendance and viewership that big of dramatic drop from when he plays and when he doesn't?  He's clearly not the same figure that he was when he was confident, dominating and moved with a purpose.

Yes it is still a big difference. Everyone wants to see him back to his old form which just isn't likely at this point.

• Like 2

Yes it is still a big difference. Everyone wants to see him back to his old form which just isn't likely at this point.

I think that's the big thing then.  A lot of people are hoping for him to get back to his old form.  People can call it hope or those people can be in denial from what type of player Tiger is now.

They still want to see a dominant sports figure with charisma and presence, but that man is dead.  Now we have Tiger Woods who is meek and not confident.  Injuries affected him only so much.  He's a shattered man from the way he used to be.

• Like 1

I think golf is better now then when Tiger was in his prime but the hype aint the same.  These young guys today are playing the same fearless golf Tiger did and probably better.  It's his trying to keep up with todays big hitters that is ****ing his back up.  He needs to accept he's gonna be 20 yards further back off the tee so try to hit more fairways, more greens, more putts.  Give up distance for accuracy 

• Like 1

If any of you arent up to speed on www.GolfNow.com I recommend look into it. I golf for 50-75% off everytime I go. Rarely pay over $25 to golf 18 w/cart.

that's a good deal. We have a card here that gives you 2-4 rounds of green fees at a bunch of area courses. It costs $165 but has $1800 worth of green fees if you use every punch. Its organized by a local news agency and proceeds go to charity. Its a cool deal if you have the time to use it.

• 5 weeks later...

Played 9 holes Friday night. My friend cupped a ball from 145 yards out for eagle. We were watching it but it dropped below a hill. We heard the ball hit the pin and once we got up there sure enough it was in the hole. I've never seen one made by that far out before.

It's unreal watching it happen.  Closest I've come is hitting the pin from about 150 yards and had the ball stop 3 feet from the hole.  Missed the put in front of a crowd as well.  Just wanted to crawl into a hole for a while, lol :lol:

• Like 1