Benson Henderson says he'll fight Erick Silva in 2 weeks via Twitter

BART-O-LINI

e  

17 members have voted

1. 1. erik vs benson

Wait, what ? Is it official already ?

Thats surprising that Bendo would accept this fight but ... is Erick lucky or what ?! This dude has always being offered big names that would give him a huge chance of climbing the division and he is not even top 15 right now. Does Ericks manager has anything going on with Fertitas, Joe or Dana ?! lol

Wait, what ? Is it official already ?

Thats surprising that Bendo would accept this fight but ... is Erick lucky or what ?! This dude has always being offered big names that would give him a huge chance of climbing the division and he is not even top 15 right now. Does Ericks manager has anything going on with Fertitas, Joe or Dana ?! lol

Well Erick looks like a killer when fighting cans but every time he has to fight the world's best welterweights like Fitch, Dong and Brown he get's bodied.  Saunders won multiple Bellator tournaments so he was a lock to destroy Silva.

• Like 2

Silva is 3 inches shorter than Thatch, so only 2" taller than Bendo, which will make for a more even striking battle.

Thatch had no grappling to speak of, but Silva is a black belt in judo and BJJ, which will make things much different. We all remember how splendidly he was defending those sub attempts by Fitch.

I'm looking foward to this fight. FOTN easily.

Also Benson is a former TOP 5 LW, who takes replacement fights against no ranked WW's at this point of his career. What's the sense of this? :mellow:

That's a big slap in the face to the WW division then, if a lightweight is stepping up to fight the WW's on short notice. Know what I'm sayin'?

All credit to Bendo then. Even if it's an unranked opponent, he still will step up and fight someone a weightclass above him before anyone else in the divison steps up...props to Bendo.

Edited by NyteRyder

Bendo is a Natural WW m8 and he is a Former Champ... How is that a slap in the face? Unranked WWs btw

I think seeing Bendo next to Thatch made us realise he's not a natural WW.

I'm glad this fight didn't happen as it does nothing for either fighter really. At least if Silva clobbers Kos quickly he gets a win against a name; if he loses he knows he will never get near the belt and can find something else to do with his time.

• Like 1

I think seeing Bendo next to Thatch made us realise he's not a natural WW.

I'm glad this fight didn't happen as it does nothing for either fighter really. At least if Silva clobbers Kos quickly he gets a win against a name; if he loses he knows he will never get near the belt and can find something else to do with his time.

LoL What?

He's the savage version of Beiber, even with a loss he's still going to continue fighting. I think people forget sometimes that this is what puts food on their table and pays their bills. If every fighter that couldn't obtain the belt moved on from the sport, there wouldn't be very many people fighting. Cole would be fapping to every card though.

Edited by Uncle_Polo
  • Like 1

LoL What?

He's the savage version of Beiber, even with a loss he's still going to continue fighting. I think people forget sometimes that this is what puts food on their table and pays their bills. If every fighter that couldn't obtain the belt moved on from the sport, there wouldn't be very many people fighting. Cole would be fapping to every card though.

Lol, It was more a pop at my most hated fighter Kosheck....of course he'll carry on fighting regardless - my point is basically he really ain't going to lose to Kos at this stage.

• Like 1

Also Benson is a former TOP 5 LW, who takes replacement fights against no ranked WW's at this point of his career. What's the sense of this? :mellow:

I was thinking about that too but I believe he wants to be busy and perhaps replace someone against Pettis ? Im not talking about RDA, but lets say Cerrone/Khabib is a #1 contender fight and the contender pulls out then maybe Bendo is ready to step in ? UFC has done some crazy things and I wouldnt be surprised they would give him a title shot at 170 in case Rory pulls out, honestly.

• Like 1