Who's Up Next For a Shot at the Middleweight Title?

Jolldan

Just spotted an article on about how Rockhold, he's talking about how once he beats Machida he's ready for a title shot and if he does win there he would have a great case.

It's quite a lot of shameless self promotion so ill spare the article. It got me thinking about who will be in line next.

There is another match coming soon where like the Rockhold fight either man could book himself a title shot with a big win. Souza vs Romero ?

That's four big contenders all knocking at once.

I am leaning towards Rockhold being the next in line and its very rare I bet against Machida.

Who do you think will face the winner of Weidman vs. Belfort ?

Romero needs to rematch Kennedy before any shots espacially after Souza brootalizes him.

But really since Weidman has defended the belt legitimately once now they'll probably gift him a rematch after Vitor is pulled off of him after the headkick/GNP tko..

According to the Golden Bubba rules, I have bad news for Rockhold....I think if Jacare and Rockhold win, Jacare will be ranked higher (he's currently ranked 1, Rockhold is 4).  So whatever happens between Weidman and Vitor, if Jacare wins, he should get the shot.

As the UFC are yet to officially sanction the Bubba golden rules....they'll probably give it to Rockhold anyway.

1. Top 5

2. Coming off a win

3. Uninjured (obvious, but in other words, don't delay waiting for the challenger)

4. Never fought the current champ for the title

If more than one meets the criteria, then the higher ranked gets the shot.  If no one meets all 4, give it to someone who meets the first 3, and if no one meets the first 3, the champ takes a super-fight, or moves up.

• Like 1

you spotted an article? Are you **** kidding me? Is it so hard to Post and share the Link with us? I mean really? What is wrong with you people?

It's quite a lot of shameless self promotion so ill spare the article. It got me thinking about who will be in line next.

Don't try and drag the British into your paper-wars FH!

• Like 1

you spotted an article? Are you **** kidding me? Is it so hard to Post and share the Link with us? I mean really? What is wrong with you people?

The article has nothing really do to with what I am discussing.

It's just Rockhold blowing his own horn and talking about how he's going to be the next champion.

• Like 2

The article has nothing really do to with what I am discussing.

It's just Rockhold blowing his own horn and talking about how he's going to be the next champion.

he said he is the best in the World in that article and you wanna discuss who's the next contender.

You mention a link in op... I mean How hard is it to Post it for us? Not for me I already read the article.

DOn't worry mate, you're just collateral damage in the raging Bart/Oz/FH/Hitem paperwars.

Pardon me how is it I'm a part of the paper wars? I never claim to be a deliverer of papers, although I DO work in sales for Newscorp so I'd easily be the most legitimately qualified for the position..

Romero needs to rematch Kennedy before any shots espacially after Souza brootalizes him.

But really since Weidman has defended the belt legitimately once now they'll probably gift him a rematch after Vitor is pulled off of him after the headkick/GNP tko..

Romero tooled Kennedy for the entire fight, there's no reason to have a rematch because Tim grabbed his gloves, then had a sook and then got KTFO

Romero tooled Kennedy for the entire fight, there's no reason to have a rematch because Tim grabbed his gloves, then had a sook and then got KTFO

M8 he didn't survive the first round. The fight was over. Then he got up and KO'D him. It's 1-1 and Kennedy deserves a rematch

Pardon me how is it I'm a part of the paper wars? I never claim to be a deliverer of papers, although I DO work in sales for Newscorp so I'd easily be the most legitimately qualified for the position..

Lol, it's a good point, I wrote Bart and figured I should just throw your name into the mix as he is your arch-nemesis.

You're right though, that was prediction tournament wars, not paper-wars.

• Like 1

If Romero and Machida win they are not getting the next title shot, period. (discuss later if Im asked on why I think that).

That being said, they gonna do something similar they did when Machida and Shogun were on the same card and whoever would have the most impressive performance would then get the shot at Jones (well Machida never got it tho but that was the idea from Dana for that card).

So, in my opinion, Rockhold and Jacare (wonder why they are on the same card) whoever gets the most impressive performance will then get the shot at MW next.

Now, if they both win in great fashion then I think Jacare is in front of the line. 

One thing is for sure, there will always be someone ready for a title shot at MW which is good in case #1 challenger pulls out.

• Like 1

Should have had a Shields-Andy unification fight when the UFC bought out the WEC.

Well he lost three in a row to WW's so how do you think that would've gone down? 

And yes I'm referring to his fight vs Kampman where he won robbery of the year

I think he would have given Andy a lot of trouble and even if he lost he could just move down to WW and do what he did there any way.

UFC constantly making bad matches.

It certainly is a bad matchup when you scrape through a UD, get squashed by the champ then KTFO