Mark Muñoz to Retire After Fight at UFC Manilla

Jolldan

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/10/8181303/mark-munoz-meets-luke-barnatt-in-manila-says-he-will-retire-after-bout

Munoz has decided to hang up his gloves after over five years with the organization. He has said that win lose or draw this will be his last fight.

His decision might have been influenced by the fact he has lost 3 straight (all of which he was finished in the first round), and has dropped his overall record to 13-6.

He will take on Luke Barnatt at the card who himself is trying to bounce back from two split decision losses.

• Like 1

I'm still amazed he managed to beat Boetsch.  If they fought now then I can see him getting KTFO.  It's only that Boetsch fight that stopped him being 0-5 and being slept in all of them

• Like 1

At least he'll go out on a win.

I'm pleased though - he got beaten by a journeyman WW in a pretty humiliating fashion; glad he's not one of these deluded fighters who still thinks they've got a title run in them and end up punch drunk as a result.

a72ed08a4128a6a100b22f3c12e69b815b2ea759

• Like 5

The events of the past 24 hours have severely dented my faith in British sport....plus I've always thought Luke was somewhat over-rated....

I'm in no way talking up Barnatt's credentials but I'm not sure if Munoz could even win a meat raffle at the moment

• Like 4

Sucks to see him go out. He has some of the most br00talcore finishes and ground and pound the ufc has ever seen. A real class act and an exciting fighter. Sucks he never got the sonnen fight because he was gonna kill him and destroy anderson for the belt.

• Like 1

Sucks to see him go out. He has some of the most br00talcore finishes and ground and pound the ufc has ever seen. A real class act and an exciting fighter. Sucks he never got the sonnen fight because he was gonna kill him and destroy anderson for the belt.

Sonnen would have finished him

Munoz was just favored 4 to 1 over a welterweight that no one gives a **** about and he lost in the 1st round.  Jesus Christ homie just stick to helping other fighters train.  If some overgrown Brit no one gives a **** about knocks him out his legazee as the guy that Matt Hamill headkick KOed will be tarnished.