Brock Lesnar plans to unify UFC & WWE titles

Jolldan

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/3/10/8182009/rep-brock-lesnar-planning-to-unify-ufc-wwe-titles-mma

Now before anyone starts their comment with "wrestling's fake" we know that and the point of unifying a combat sport belt with professional wrestling seems truly pointless to be also.

This all stems from a statement made by his manger Paul Heyman on Raw 

"If Brock Lesnar wants to spend his summer unifying the WWE and UFC titles, that's what he's gonna do," Heyman told a stunned crowd last Monday night in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. "This title no longer belongs to WWE, this title belongs to Brock Lesnar. It's his, and he's not giving it back."

Take this how you want it could mean one of three things in my eyes.

1. The WWE will use this as a sell, having the champion of that sport competing in another serious combat sport will only help increase this beast image the WWE has given Lesnar.

2. Lesnar is serious about a return to the UFC and has found a middle ground with Mr McMahon where he can go back to the UFC while probably filling in more promo rolls and the occasional match.

3. This is all a ploy by the WWE to boost fan popularity with Roman Reigns. No one really gives the guy a chance in the match and this is helped by his lack of fan support. If they make him the man that beats this unstoppable version of Lesnar it will surely have to increase his popularity.

Really? An MMA site actually reported on a random line that Paul Heyman said in a pro wrestling promo?

He also said that Lesnar is going to go to Vegas, and beat up both Mayweather & Pacquiao... I doubt there are any reputable boxing sites reporting that.

I think somebody needs to fill in that reporter that pro wrestling is fictional.

• Like 5

Really? An MMA site actually reported on a random line that Paul Heyman said in a pro wrestling promo?

He also said that Lesnar is going to go to Vegas, and beat up both Mayweather & Pacquiao... I doubt there are any reputable boxing sites reporting that.

I think somebody needs to fill in that reporter that pro wrestling is fictional.

undertaker-sitting-up41.gif?w=1000

• Like 8

• Like 3