Current P4P Rankings... WTF???

Hairy_Balzonya

I know we all know the current ranking system is a joke, but I was looking at the UFC website and saw it and am just ashamed and had to vent.

Rousey being listed on a P4P with men is a joke. If she was as good P4P as a Dillashaw, we wouldn't have needed the UFC to make a whole BS division just to sell her. She's ranked higher than Dillashaw and they fight at the same weight, so this is basically saying Rousey beats Dillashaw. Anyone stupid enough to agree?

Silva still being listed on the P4P list after being popped for roids? C'mon. The guy hasn't beat a quality opponent in years and needed roids to fight Diaz.

Pettis being ranked #5 is a joke. The guy is good and has potential, but isn't no #5 P4P yet. The guy lost to Guida 5 fights ago. I'm sorry but losing to Guida takes at least 10 W's to make up for.

Hendricks being on there is funny too. The guy has lost 2 of his last 3 and celebrates when he makes weight.

Cruz??? The guy looked solid in his come back fight, but since when does 1 fight (against a second rate opponent) in like 4 years put you on the P4P?

That is all, end thread.

• Like 1

1. as far as I understood, P4P list has been done by journalist and it has orientational value only

2. with appearance of WMMA, p4p list isn't just about pounds or kilos to be pondered, it also includes the fact, that women divisions are separated from mens, but at the same time having equal value.

It doesn't mean Rousey would beat Dillashaw, do you know why they do P4P rankings? So they can rank fighters in different divisions, the actual weight of the fighter has nothing to do with p4p

P4P is Pound 4 Pound, it has everything to do with weight. It was initially thought up to set up hypothetical matches between fighters that fought in different weight classes. If you have 2 fighters that both fight at 135, then it's just a question as to who is the better fighter. Sure Rousey has been more dominant than Dillashaw, but look at the scrub ****es she has been fighting. It's not Dillashaw's fault that the mens 135 division has some actual talent.

• Like 1