Cejudo opens up as -315/ +235 on whether or not he'll make weight on his first attempt

12еr

From my understanding he wrestled at 121 but has never made 126 for a MMA fight before.  Is it just that he's bigger with age or did he harm himself making 121 so many times?

He won gold in 08 but didn't make the team in 2012.  I can't find anything that will clarify whether he was competing in a heavier weightclass or not.

This guy botched 3 straight weight cuts.  The 3rd being his UFC debut in which the fight was canceled because of his health.  If he doesn't make weight on the first try he'll never be allowed to attempt this cut again.  What do you do once you schedule him in a top contender fight and he pulls a John Lineker on you?  McCall is out of a title shot because he lost to a guy that was 5 pounds over the limit.

GOATudo would melt that Brazilian idiot.

He would.  They should have given Lineker another chance at flyweight against Cejudo.  When they both show up over weight no one gives a **** or loses any of their purse to his opponent.

Do you think Cejudo could put Mighty and Whitey Mouse on their backs and keep them there?

He would.  They should have given Lineker another chance at flyweight against Cejudo.  When they both show up over weight no one gives a **** or loses any of their purse to his opponent.

Do you think Cejudo could put Mighty and Whitey Mouse on their backs and keep them there?

No idea, he's an olympian so it seems likely, but I've only seen one of his fights which was his last fight and he only used his wrestling to spawl and brawl.

• Like 1

From my understanding he wrestled at 121 but has never made 126 for a MMA fight before.  Is it just that he's bigger with age or did he harm himself making 121 so many times?

He won gold in 08 but didn't make the team in 2012.  I can't find anything that will clarify whether he was competing in a heavier weightclass or not.

This guy botched 3 straight weight cuts.  The 3rd being his UFC debut in which the fight was canceled because of his health.  If he doesn't make weight on the first try he'll never be allowed to attempt this cut again.  What do you do once you schedule him in a top contender fight and he pulls a John Lineker on you?  McCall is out of a title shot because he lost to a guy that was 5 pounds over the limit.

Rumor is that he's just lazy (relatively speaking). The dude is an elite athlete in the true sense of the word (not just the Joe Rogan sense) and you can't deny the greatness required to win an olympic gold medal in freestyle wrestling.  However, many other wrestlers on the 2012 Olympic team said he didn't even train much at all. While all the other guys were staying in shape and constantly training, wrestling at the world championships, etc, Cejudo apparently didn't even compete until it came time for the next Olympic trials. Even then he only trained lightly. Had he possessed the drive and determination of his would-be teammates, he would've made the team and medaled again. That's the word on the street at least.

People seem to get larger with age, be it density, thickness, or just getting fatter. You could be in great shape at 20 years old and be in the same great shape at 28, yet have a 20lb difference between the two ages. I don't know what it is with Cejudo. The guy is tiny, so one would think that he could make 125 if dedicated.

Rumor is that he's just lazy (relatively speaking). The dude is an elite athlete in the true sense of the word (not just the Joe Rogan sense) and you can't deny the greatness required to win an olympic gold medal in freestyle wrestling. However, many other wrestlers on the 2012 Olympic team said he didn't even train much at all. While all the other guys were staying in shape and constantly training, wrestling at the world championships, etc, Cejudo apparently didn't even compete until it came time for the next Olympic trials. Even then he only trained lightly. Had he possessed the drive and determination of his would-be teammates, he would've made the team and medaled again. That's the word on the street at least.

People seem to get larger with age, be it density, thickness, or just getting fatter. You could be in great shape at 20 years old and be in the same great shape at 28, yet have a 20lb difference between the two ages. I don't know what it is with Cejudo. The guy is tiny, so one would think that he could make 125 if dedicated.

Barely trains and wins Olympic gold?

What a GOAT

• Like 1

Barely trains and wins Olympic gold?

What a GOAT

That would be awesome. He obviously trained hard when he took the gold home in 2008, but he slacked off after that and didn't really take things seriously - hence his failure to even make the Olympic team in 2012.

Not always ( if you're not lazy, eat right and exercise ) but that is especially true with wrestlers that constantly stave themselves, train like madmen and compete a lot. 

So when they're finally finished with wrestling and eat normal and aren't as active of course they tend to bulk up a lot. 

You no hespect wrasslers.

I don't respect wrasslers that lay and pray, spam carpet burn takedowns and head in crotch wall and stall.

I have certain wrasslers I root for, Weedman is a wrassler. Chael was a wrassler, Kennedy is a wrassler.

GOATjudo comes to bang m8.

• Like 1

I don't respect wrasslers that lay and pray, spam carpet burn takedowns and head in crotch wall and stall.

I have certain wrasslers I root for, Weedman is a wrassler. Chael was a wrassler, Kennedy is a wrassler.

GOATjudo comes to bang m8.

Kennedy & Chael i can agree are wrasslers but Weedman doesn't lay n pray, spam TD's or wall n stall. 

• Like 1

That would be awesome. He obviously trained hard when he took the gold home in 2008, but he slacked off after that and didn't really take things seriously - hence his failure to even make the Olympic team in 2012.

Nope he ate beef jerky and got Bailey Js all day err day in 2008